User User name Password  

Saturday 8.6.2024 / 13:41
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for advanced users > how to put vcd & svcd onto dvd-r.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
How to put vcd & svcd onto dvd-r.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
jackdaw35
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
30. May 2002 @ 11:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I`m using pioneer A04 and software Nero 5.5, trying to put spider-man svcd onto dvd-r using the drag& drop.spider-man is on 3 discs. I inserted the first disc into Liteon dvdx16, dragged the files over and dropped them over to the left hand side, went in no problem. When I inserted the second disc I was asked did I want to replace the existing files, I answered no. How do you add the 3 discs to copy onto dvd-r?. I`m new to this. Would someone please help.....
Jackdaw.
Advertisement
_
__
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
30. May 2002 @ 14:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What do you want to do with it? Make a disc that plays with stand-alone DVD player?
jackdaw35
_
30. May 2002 @ 22:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
drd,
Yes... A friend bought a dvd player that only plays dvd`s& cd`s.Thanks for your reply, I really need help & appreciate this very much.
mosaic
_
31. May 2002 @ 15:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
VCD- DVDR
1) Check frame frate of the VCD mpg1 video. if Not 29.97 or 23.98 u have to convert.
2) Use Tmpgenc to convert the video to mpeg 2 at correct frame rate.
3) Use besweet to covert the audio to 48Khz sampling ...and PCM format.
4) Name the video & audio files the same stem name.
5) Author with MyDVD or Spruce up.

Preview to check the audio sync.
If it is off you may have to adjust it ....use cool edit I guess.

I made a Spderman DVD off a Divx like this 3 days ago.
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
31. May 2002 @ 16:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Method to put VCD on DVD-R without re-encoding (==preserving the video quality), should work on most DVD players, but it's NOT by any standards, so don't be surprised if it doesn't work:

http://www.vcdhelp.com/vcddvdr.htm

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster
https://AfterDawn.com/
jackdaw35
_
4. June 2002 @ 11:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Mosaic.
Thanks for your info,but on trying this program it does not seem to work taking movie straight from the disc. Do i need to use another program before i use the TMPGEnc.
When i bring file into simple de-multiplex and hit run i get the message The File F:\MPEG2\AVSEQO1.mpg can not be created.
mosaic
_
4. June 2002 @ 15:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ummmm..I did it with a divx ...u would have to frame serve the VCD mpg files to Tmpgenc as an avi ...
U can do this with dvd2avi ....
load the mpg into dvd2avi and use F5 to play and see the statistics on the mpg. Frame rate/interlaced or not etc.

Now Save a dvd2avi project like spider.d2v....

Load this d2v file into the Tmpgenc video file scetion ...then go to setiings and setup for frame size /rate and mpeg 2 encoding. Use the best encoding if u have the time.2 pass VBR.
jackdaw35
_
5. June 2002 @ 13:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Mosaic,
Sorry for the hassle, managed to split the audio & video from SVCD (cd 1,2,3) using Tmpgenc.I put audio & video back together & named them Starwars 1,2&3, everything seems to be working ok. Any advice, putting them onto DVD using Nero 5.5, I have already wasted 2 discs.
Advertisement
_
__

_
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
8. June 2002 @ 00:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
jackdaw: Don't post multiple times the same question, I already answered your question elsewhere.

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster
https://AfterDawn.com/
Related links
Read AfterDawn.com's SVCD guides from here!
Convert SVCD to VCD using TMPGEnc - read our guide from here.
Read our DVD to VCD guide.
Download TMPGEnc from here.

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
how make vcd from dvd or mkv files 1 28. June 2013 Convert video to another format
Multiple video formats to VCD 2 27. December 2011 Convert DVD to another format
VCD Cutter for Mac??? 1 21. September 2011 Mac - General discussion
450 minutes of vcd video (ie 4 seperate, full length avi movies) to ONE DVDr ?? 6 25. January 2011 DVD±R for newbies
Whats a good program to burn .avi files to VCD 5 7. October 2010 Video - Software discussion
any freeware to edit dvd & vcd? 2 6. September 2010 Video to DVD
How could I convert a DVD movie to a VCD? 4 15. June 2010 Video - Everything else
Need Help Buring A VCD to a DVD 2 13. June 2010 DVD±R for newbies
Good way to edit a VCD??? 3 6. May 2010 Video - Everything else
any free download of dvd and vcd burner? 9 1. May 2010 DVD±R for newbies

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for advanced users > how to put vcd & svcd onto dvd-r.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork