User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 05:20
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > afterdawn feedback & suggestions > if the site has a problem please post here,
Show topics

Forums
Forums
If The site Has A Problem Please Post Here,
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. March 2010 @ 22:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The PM window, when accessed thru my profile, comes up in Finnish.

Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
17. March 2010 @ 00:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
how can we have an "anonymous user" for a status? http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/841878/5075453
i've seen this a few times lately especially in the news forum.
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
17. March 2010 @ 08:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nah, loads of sites were slow here last night, and the problem was confirmed by my ISP usergroup.

Afterdawn Addict // Silent PC enthusiast // PC Build advisor // LANGamer Alias:Ratmanscoop
PC Specs page -- http://my.afterdawn.com/sammorris/blog_entry.cfm/11247
updated 10-Dec-13
_
17. March 2010 @ 08:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No other problems with any other sites here on O2 last night, at least all is well today

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
17. March 2010 @ 11:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
The PM window, when accessed thru my profile, comes up in Finnish.
Wish i'd have seen this post first. I just posted the same information on ver4 goes live thread.

Same thing on my end Garmoon.

stuntman_
_
25. March 2010 @ 12:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
when I use opera I can not use the the reply to discussion thread box. Right now I am writing this with Google chrome (my 2nd fav browser) I also notice that sometimes in opera the site will just completely freeze and I can't move anything. None of these things were issues until v4 came out. It would be awesome if someone could fix this!

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
25. March 2010 @ 13:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I get lots of emails about forum updates that don't exist, maybe 2-3 a week. If the links are clicked on, I am taken to the front page of the thread in question.

Afterdawn Addict // Silent PC enthusiast // PC Build advisor // LANGamer Alias:Ratmanscoop
updated 10-Dec-13
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. March 2010 @ 15:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just searched "how to delete pm" and "how to delete personal messages" and nothing came up. Now that AD has been redone, I no longer see the option to delete any pm's I receive.

Or am I just missing it?
Admin

9 product reviews
_
29. March 2010 @ 07:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bhetrick:
I just searched "how to delete pm" and "how to delete personal messages" and nothing came up. Now that AD has been redone, I no longer see the option to delete any pm's I receive.
This feature is currently missing from the private message view. It is on our todo list - just not at the very top of it yet. =)

Originally posted by sammorris:
I get lots of emails about forum updates that don't exist, maybe 2-3 a week. If the links are clicked on, I am taken to the front page of the thread in question.
Do the threads still exist when you try and look them up? If you run across the problem again, could you please forward one such email to me at my nick at afterdawn dot com. Thanks!

Originally posted by stuntman_:
when I use opera I can not use the the reply to discussion thread box. Right now I am writing this with Google chrome (my 2nd fav browser) I also notice that sometimes in opera the site will just completely freeze and I can't move anything. None of these things were issues until v4 came out. It would be awesome if someone could fix this!
I've been using the site quite a bit using Opera, but haven't come across the problem myself. I'll do some more testing and try and see what the problem could be. I'm writing this in Opera (v10.51), so let's see how it works. =)

Jari Ketola
Administrator
http://www.AfterDawn.com
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
29. March 2010 @ 07:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Usually what happens is I receive an email of a forum reply, click the link and it takes me to the top of page 1 of the thread. If I check the latest post, nothing new has appeared since I last looked. However, on the last 1 or 2 occasions this happened, that is exactly what occurred initially, yet when I looked a few minutes later, a post had appeared. I am unsure if clicking the link would have taken me to that post as I removed the email. I have not seen the problem in the last week.

updated 10-Dec-13
_
2. April 2010 @ 13:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm getting this add and it's blocking some of the replies posted.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. April 2010 @ 13:11

2 product reviews
_
2. April 2010 @ 13:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm also noticing a problem similar to rtm27 but with the skyscraper banner ad. I'm using Chrome 5.0.366.2 Dev. Build.

AfterDawn Addict
_
2. April 2010 @ 13:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've been getting the same thing with the ad. I'm running XP/sp3/IE8. Sometimes just reloading the page fixed it, but most often not.

Same thing with the ad at the top of the page, only it's offset to the right, not offset under like the ad in our pictures.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. April 2010 @ 14:06

ddp
_
3. April 2010 @ 00:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
site not loading at times since 12 midnite est. also includes blasteroid site too.
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
8. June 2010 @ 09:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry missed this thread, Post count not working as per My thread here

To get instant assistance with Flashing / JTAG / Homebrew from experts for free! click me (Im not one of the said experts BTW)

Make poverty history, cheaper drugs NOW!
_
30. August 2010 @ 06:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It's that old bug resurfacing again (did it ever go away :) ?). The first post on a new page of a thread bug (some of the other guys still experience this too). I post a reply to a thread and i get 3 posted. I try to delete one and all 3 vanish, i get taken to the start of the thread. This has happened 3 or 4 times now. I can edit any of the 3 and the edits don't appear in the other 2, however the last time i posted the post, 2 of the 3 had identical text and the 3rd didn't. I've given up and edited the first 2 posts out, as i say i can't delete them else all 3 will disappear again.
Linky ~ http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/683586/5243720

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
AfterDawn Addict
_
6. September 2010 @ 10:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm about 4 pages behind in some of the threads. I have to open an older post and it puts me back a few pages. If I use the last post all I get is the home page. I'm not getting any email notifications either.

Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

2 product reviews
_
23. September 2010 @ 00:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Ketola:
Originally posted by sammorris:

Do the threads still exist when you try and look them up? If you run across the problem again, could you please forward one such email to me at my nick at afterdawn dot com. Thanks!
I had this same problem occur twice today about fifteen minutes apart. I forwarded the emails to you, Ketola.

"The only people who should buy Monster cable are people who light cigars with Benjamins." - Gizmodo
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
23. September 2010 @ 07:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I had an odd bug in one of the threads where every post I wrote (and even when I edited a pose) spawned another identical post beneath. It seemed to only last a page. Anyone else seen that?

updated 10-Dec-13
Whisperer
_
25. October 2010 @ 14:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello, I've been away for some time and, compared to the old simple green format, the new Home Page format is such a confusing splash of motion, ads & mouseovers ... It's hard to find my way around.

I wanted to ask if there is a link to a list of Forums Members ... I just cannot find a link, like would exist on most forum sites. I want to see who among my old friends is still active on afterdawn.

I notice creaky is the moderator; creaky, do you know of Ireland's condition?

thanks
Whisperer

RT #13
ddp
_
25. October 2010 @ 14:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ireland has been gone a couple of years.
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
26. October 2010 @ 09:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Need to find out how to delete all them private messages from our in boxes that would be a help as well
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. November 2010 @ 09:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Been getting as script error for the past week or so. It's only on A.D. and every single time I visit. I use Flock for browsing. Win 7 64.

4 product reviews
_
12. November 2010 @ 13:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bhetrick:
Been getting as script error for the past week or so. It's only on A.D. and every single time I visit. I use Flock for browsing. Win 7 64.

I to get the same error on W7 x64, but with seamonkey as my browser.