User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 02:42
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > preview functionality added
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Preview functionality added
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Page:12Next >
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
28. September 2006 @ 02:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Now our forums include also the "preview" functionality, which is available when you write a reply to an existing thread or are about to start a new thread.

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster
https://AfterDawn.com/
Advertisement
_
__
_
28. September 2006 @ 02:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just noticed this and I have to say I like it. Keep up the good work.

Big Thanks To Jamaal10!
_
28. September 2006 @ 06:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
cool, was wondering when this feature would make a return :)
_
28. September 2006 @ 08:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just noticed it and i came right here to say THANKS .

It has already helped me and I'll be using it a lot.

I even used it for this post ;)
_
28. September 2006 @ 08:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Pretty cool, dRD, i like it.

"When I look at the smiles on all the childrens faces, I just know theyre about to jab me with something."- Homer Simpson
pazzini
Suspended permanently
_
28. September 2006 @ 09:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Cool

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. September 2006 @ 08:16

daman1
_
28. September 2006 @ 10:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Great thanks!!!!
_
28. September 2006 @ 10:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by creaky:
cool, was wondering when this feature would make a return :)
You mean they had the preview function there before?
_
28. September 2006 @ 11:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well that must have been quite a while back.

I love it
? wonder why it was removed in the first place
AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
28. September 2006 @ 13:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
For me this function is a good addition although it does not change the way i post on aD. but for others this could be much help. Great improvements so far dRD.

Quote:
You mean they had the preview function there before?
It may have been here before but due to the servers and the old system resources that the site had then little improvements like this may have been removed until aD had enough resources to deal with the new functions.

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
_
28. September 2006 @ 13:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sorry was too lazy to say that earlier. what he said :P

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
28. September 2006 @ 13:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Actually, the old preview functionality and its removal had nothing to do with our server resources, it was just slightly "too ahead of its time" for some people's tastes. The preview functionality, that is actually still available to admins on various site tools, was a real time preview, showing the text rendered in UBB tag, etc as you wrote it, above the message text area.

The problem some people had it was that is that it somewhat freaked them out seeing the page update while they wrote in another area. Another reason why it faces some objections was due the fact that most browsers -- including IE and Firefox -- were slightly slow rendering the Javascript-powered preview box in real time, causing people who pasted LOOOONG Nero logs, etc to suffer from browser hiccups. It basically put the preview functionality and power it required (not much really..) to user's browser, instead of servers.

Webmaster
_
28. September 2006 @ 13:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
indeed, those pesky 6mile long Nerovision logs used to kill my work PC completely :P

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
_
28. September 2006 @ 15:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
nice addon :)
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. September 2006 @ 16:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Found a slight problem (I think) with the preview and post. It deletes the posters icon when message is posted. At least it seems to on my end.

Jerry

I didn't use the preview on this message and my eagle is there. When preview is used it seems to get removed.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. September 2006 @ 16:04

AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
28. September 2006 @ 16:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Jerry

That happen to me to. could be the only bug in the system that i noticed.

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. September 2006 @ 16:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yea, not a big deal. I thought maybe reloading the page would bring it back but it doesn't.
This post is with the Preview used.

Jerry
_
28. September 2006 @ 18:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah Jerry, that happened to me as well

Edit- Yeah it looks like the checkbox for showing ur sig is not there when u hit the preview button, just the email notification

"When I look at the smiles on all the childrens faces, I just know theyre about to jab me with something."- Homer Simpson

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. September 2006 @ 18:23

_
28. September 2006 @ 18:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah, I noticed the same thing but didnt think too much of it.

Big Thanks To Jamaal10!
AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
28. September 2006 @ 18:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
To be honest i dont see the point of having a preview button. Maybe in the case of those that post huge pics and it makes the page go crazy its a good idea other than that. its all the same to me :)

Edited by DVDBack23

_
28. September 2006 @ 18:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It just saves people from having to edit a post for litte things like typos all the time

Big Thanks To Jamaal10!
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
28. September 2006 @ 22:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Fixed the sig issue.

Webmaster
_
29. September 2006 @ 06:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Keep it up dRD and the whole aD team.

Big Thanks To Jamaal10!
BlinkN
_
29. September 2006 @ 06:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Glade this feature got added. :-)

pazzini, you might want to check your account at smileyworld.com. When I was viewing this thread, I kept getting a login box asking for a username and password no matter what browser I was using. You're the only one linking to that site. Not sure if this is happending to anyone else.
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
29. September 2006 @ 06:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah, I keeps happening to me too. But I dont understand why.

Big Thanks To Jamaal10!

Page:12Next >
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > preview functionality added

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork