User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 08:44
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > afterdawn feedback & suggestions > if the site has a problem please post here,
Show topics

Forums
Forums
If The site Has A Problem Please Post Here,
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
31. May 2006 @ 02:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ive had a bit of a lag tonight just tem ,ims ago at 8:10pm Australia time.

I had a page come up saying theres a surge of alot of use in the servers.

Seems to be ok now.

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
31. May 2006 @ 02:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It is slow for me, and I am getting "website not responding " error. Poop on aol :(

Edit: now I am getting a 500 error on aol.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 31. May 2006 @ 03:52

AfterDawn Addict
_
31. May 2006 @ 04:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Same here arniebear

AfterDawn Addict
_
31. May 2006 @ 05:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the site is slow today,lot of down time..
AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
31. May 2006 @ 05:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Its laggin alot today i couldnt even post in the news comments.

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
AfterDawn Addict
_
31. May 2006 @ 05:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It seem that all the problems of slow downs started back when the shout box was added.
Back in the good old days the site had small slows downs,but it came back fast,today the slow
Downs keep dragging on and on...

the slow downs are killing the site,

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 31. May 2006 @ 05:57

AfterDawn Addict
_
31. May 2006 @ 05:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well I have moved over to netscape which seems to be working, but aol which is my email just does not want to seem to connect at all. So now I have both open............I agree used to never have these problems in the past. Guess it just is more users.

Admin

9 product reviews
_
31. May 2006 @ 06:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The site is currently quite slow as we are running the new forum search index to the database, which is causing quite a hevy load (appx. 15 times the load of normal peak time). I'm doing my best at keeping the WWW backends up and running. They really don't like it when the database queries slow down.

Thanks for bearing with me. =)

Jari Ketola
Administrator
http://www.AfterDawn.com
AfterDawn Addict
_
31. May 2006 @ 07:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks Ketola for the info, mine is running on aol again although still slow at least no 500 or 404 errors.

KillMan
Suspended permanently
_
31. May 2006 @ 11:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the info Ketola, and I'll keep you updated, I haven't had any problems yet today, and hope I don't. So I hope this doesn't jinx it, lol.

http://www.mygameforums.net My Forums! Join now!
_
1. June 2006 @ 00:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I saw that about the shout box. I don't seem to be able to post. In mine or anyones.
_
1. June 2006 @ 00:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Guess it was just a hickup. It's working now.
_
1. June 2006 @ 01:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yesterday was slow.. very slow.. But today, browsing is fast & smooth :-)
janrocks
Suspended permanently
_
2. June 2006 @ 02:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Very bad..nay.. impossible to do anything from Saturday until 31st PM...fine and fast again now.
AfterDawn Addict
_
2. June 2006 @ 16:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have no problems getting in with Netscape or IE, but my aol just gives me 500 errors, it has a hard time connecting with the host/server and if it does a lot of the time it is slow.

AfterDawn Addict
_
2. June 2006 @ 17:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
aol cannot connect 500 error messages.

IE intermittent success but slow
AfterDawn Addict
_
2. June 2006 @ 17:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank you garmoon, I though it was just me :)

AfterDawn Addict
_
2. June 2006 @ 19:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the site is a bear tonight,slow to very slow on refresh..
ddp
_
2. June 2006 @ 19:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
2nd that, ireland.
The_Fiend
Suspended permanently
_
2. June 2006 @ 20:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
3rd that, sometimes it takes over a minute or more just to move from forum to forum...

irc://arcor.de.eu.dal.net/wasted_hate

Wanna tell me off, go ahead.
I dare ya !
boxwrench
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
2. June 2006 @ 20:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
4th that,Very slow this morning 45secs.just to refresh a page and over a minute from forum to forum.

Main System- Amd/64 3800x2 currently@ 2.5ghz. Asus A8N-E,win.xp-pro.4x1gb.Ocz platnium ddr 400,Maxtor 40gb.& 250gb.ide & 2x W.D.250 sata,Benq 1650V dvd Reader & Benq DW-1655 Writer,EVGA Geforce 7600gs,Creative Audigy-LS,Antec 750w psu. Vizio 37"hdtv monitor 1360x768@75hz.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. June 2006 @ 20:51

AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
2. June 2006 @ 20:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
aD must be doing some major changes because ive never seen it go soo slow before. And I live in Australia soo the traffic is mostlly lighter when I'm on.

Edited by DVDBack23

boxwrench
_
2. June 2006 @ 22:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Alright! Things seem to have livened up a bit...much better now.

Main System- Amd/64 3800x2 currently@ 2.5ghz. Asus A8N-E,win.xp-pro.4x1gb.Ocz platnium ddr 400,Maxtor 40gb.& 250gb.ide & 2x W.D.250 sata,Benq 1650V dvd Reader & Benq DW-1655 Writer,EVGA Geforce 7600gs,Creative Audigy-LS,Antec 750w psu. Vizio 37"hdtv monitor 1360x768@75hz.
boxwrench
_
2. June 2006 @ 22:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
*********edit********

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. June 2006 @ 22:34

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. June 2006 @ 04:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Everyone gave up and went to bed. it's working fine this am on IE and aol.

Spoke too soon. I feel like I'm back on a dial-up again. Slooooow.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. June 2006 @ 04:53

afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > afterdawn feedback & suggestions > if the site has a problem please post here,

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork