Show topics

Forums
Forums
dvd2one audio files
  Jump to:

Posted Message
vistakill
_
2. August 2007 @ 06:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey all,

This is just a short question concerning the Audio types in DVD2ONE.
I am very familiar with the older version of DVD2ONE. I've upgraded to the latest version and finding that the way the audio files are named are different. The AC3 is the same. Only difference is the endings. Could anyone tell me what AC3 3/2.1 & AC3 2/0.0 means. Also if there are any other audio file names I have not mention could you tell me them too. Also, why are there on some DVD's so many AC3 2/0.0. Just a newbie, a bit confused.

Thanks...

"In times of heart ache and pain with Vista - never fear, VISTAKILL is here!..."
_
28. August 2007 @ 09:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Whenever I shrink with AC3 3/2.1 I get the entire Dolby Digital 5.1 channel sound. If you shrink with the AC3 2/0.0 you only will get 2 channel sound which uses the AC3 (Dolby Digital and AC3 are synonymous) format, but compresses it to steer all the sound to 2 channels (i.e. Pro Logic or plain old stereo sound if you don't have a surround setup).

A lot of movies contain other languages, some of which are offered in 5.1 and some not. That's why you see a lot of 2/0.0 audio tracks. And Director comment tracks and such are usually 2/0.0 also.

Also, my receiver and DVD player are capable of DTS, so I use the DTS track whenever available. You don't see it all that often, but it sounds better for most movies if it's offered. BUT if you don't also include an AC3 format you won't be able to hear the audio at all on some DVD players, because they don't support DTS.

one more thing: DTS uses a little more information for the disc though, so I sometimes will use a DVD +R DL for those to keep the video from being compressed too much. The audio doesn't compress using DVD2one, only the video.
Related links
Download DVD2One from here.

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
DVD2One v1.0.2 released 1 22. September 2010 News comments
dvd2one - can't join dvds like I want 3 29. October 2008 DVD±R for newbies
Ripping Error with DVD2ONE 1 3. May 2008 Digital video discussion for Mac users
DVD2One taking over my hard drive 6 26. March 2007 Digital video discussion for Mac users
i need some help with dvd2one 2 9. March 2007 DVD±R for newbies
Mac DVD2One TV series burning 2 11. February 2007 Digital video discussion for Mac users
Please help me! I'm having problems w/ dvd2one 9 30. January 2007 Mac - General discussion
MacTheRipper (MTR) and DVD2One 2 5. January 2007 Digital video discussion for Mac users
DVD2ONE X Question 4 6. December 2006 Digital video discussion for Mac users
dvd2one 1 5. October 2006 Digital video discussion for Mac users

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd2one forum > dvd2one audio files

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork