User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 09:40
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > digital video discussion for linux users > problem ripping vcd on linux.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Problem ripping VCD on linux.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bhrama
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
22. October 2007 @ 21:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The OS is ubuntu 7.10 alpha (probably upgraded to 7.10 release by now), and I'm trying to rip a collection of VCD's using vcdimager / vcdxrip.

It's weird. Disc-1 doesn't appear to have anything in it, I can't even mount it using "mount" - shouldn't you get to see an ISO9660 FS? When disc-2 is inserted in the drive, Kubuntu automatically detects and mounts it, I can see the ISO-9660 structure. vcdxrip gets me the MPEG. Disc-3 behaves like disc-1, nothing happens, can't rip it. I see the same weirdness with more than half my VCD's.

However when I dual-boot into XP, every single VCD is fine, and they all look alike wrt the file system structure etc, and I can view the ISO-9660 FS and rip the CD too.

What gives? How do I get it working on linux? Do I need to get some additional driver/module modprobed?
Related links
Convert SVCD to VCD using TMPGEnc - read our guide from here.
Read our DVD to VCD guide.
Download TMPGEnc from here.

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
how make vcd from dvd or mkv files 1 28. June 2013 Convert video to another format
Multiple video formats to VCD 2 27. December 2011 Convert DVD to another format
VCD Cutter for Mac??? 1 21. September 2011 Mac - General discussion
450 minutes of vcd video (ie 4 seperate, full length avi movies) to ONE DVDr ?? 6 25. January 2011 DVD±R for newbies
Whats a good program to burn .avi files to VCD 5 7. October 2010 Video - Software discussion
any freeware to edit dvd & vcd? 2 6. September 2010 Video to DVD
How could I convert a DVD movie to a VCD? 4 15. June 2010 Video - Everything else
Need Help Buring A VCD to a DVD 2 13. June 2010 DVD±R for newbies
Good way to edit a VCD??? 3 6. May 2010 Video - Everything else
any free download of dvd and vcd burner? 9 1. May 2010 DVD±R for newbies

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > digital video discussion for linux users > problem ripping vcd on linux.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork