User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 01:44
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > nintendo gamecube - general discussion > full guide to gamecube backup/booting
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Full Guide to Gamecube Backup/Booting
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Puleo76
_
13. March 2004 @ 10:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i got my broadband adapter brand new from gamestop for 35.99 forget what it was after taxes but yea... new
Advertisement
_
__
giersh
_
14. March 2004 @ 05:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i hear-tell that it DOES work with PSO III, but don't quote me on that.

...Yehyeh
GCMANIAC
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
18. March 2004 @ 08:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ICEMONKEY, when I get to RED screen on my GC it stops on "netudpopen...( )" what do I need to do on this? I have also tried the new PHOENIX_beta_1.37 GUI and it gets all the way through to streaming and then does nothing. Any suggestions to this? I'm working on SonicHeroes. Should I try a different game to backup?
Iverson68
Suspended permanently
_
18. March 2004 @ 14:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This is a PS2 discussion but oh well.

v4 PS2
Flip-top with SMD
Panasonic 106d
DVD+R Memorex
Gansuh
_
19. March 2004 @ 05:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
This is a PS2 discussion but oh well.
Iverson68, show us where the AfterDawn Gamecube board is and we can ask a mod to move this thread. Oh wait, there isn't one. You could see from the topic that is was about Gamecube streaming. If you're not interested, why bother adding your two cents.
The board mods don't seem to have a problem with this thread being here, so what's your problem?

Sorry to take this off topic everyone. To redeem myself i will respond to giersh as well.
Quote:
i hear-tell that it DOES work with PSO III, but don't quote me on that.
I have heard that it doesn't work. A thread on a different forum documents several attempts and the error messages recieved (found in a console forum that starts with max).
Icemonkey
_
19. March 2004 @ 05:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
GCMAINIAC: When you get the red screen on the GameCube with the netudpopen message everything should be already to go. Your game disc you wish to back should already be in the GameCube drive at this point and ISO Ripping Server should already be running and listening for the GameCube. netudpopen indicated that the GameCube is attempting to send UDP data packets to your PC. ISO Ripping Server should be capturing those packets and writing them out to your hard drive as an image of the game.

PS2 - v8
Mod - Magic V
Burner - CenDyne (Pioneer) DVR-A05
Media - Anything Cheap

Gamecube w/Broadband Adapter
Phantasy Star Online
Animal Crossing Loader v1.4
Phantasy Star Uploader v1.1
Gamecube ISO Ripping Server v1.0.0.29
GCMANIAC
_
19. March 2004 @ 09:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ICEMONKEY, Thanks for the info. I've got it all figured out. SONIC HERO's, Mario Party 5 and The Sims Bustin Out already successful. I was using the wrong CAT5 cable. I meant to hook up my crossover but I used my standard on accident. Any info on a BBA Data rate speed up fix?
Icemonkey
_
19. March 2004 @ 10:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I heard somewhere that it had been figured out, however, efforts to employ the fix into a loader have been abandoned for whatever reason.

PS2 - v8
Mod - Magic V
Media - Anything Cheap

Phantasy Star Online
Aznboi621
_
21. March 2004 @ 16:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi, everyone i registered just to talk about this
i put my Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc in my DVD-R drive (since i didnt want to mess up, anything usefull)
it read it as a Music Cd, and the size was 1.99 gigs
so that exceeds the 1.4gig mini dvds, i always thought gc discs were 1.5gb so how is it that the bonus disc is 1.99 gb?
anyways does anyone have any gc iso, anyone who rips them onto ur comp, plz upload them on kazaa or something, so other people can try to burn them?
Zephyr64
_
23. March 2004 @ 17:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Have any of you played Final Fantasy CC through downloading and booting? And how does it work for you? I was just wondering how the games worked, and if there are any exceptionally good running games at this time. Thanks
infidel80
_
24. March 2004 @ 14:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have ripped about 7 gamecube games, I have a dvd burner, and I have 9 blank mini dvd-r's. i burner metroid prime which was in .iso format. It burned to the mini disc, but of course, no modchip, or anykind of swap trick. I'm hoping something will come up soon so I can test this. I could care less playing from my pc to the gc using the broadband adapter. I'm just glad that I can make a copy of my little tiny gc games. I'm anxiously awaiting for the arrival of some type of chip, swap trick. ;-)
Aznboi621
_
24. March 2004 @ 15:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
infidel:

well would freeloader work?
i saw a new copy at gamestop for 7 bucks
i will probably buy it saturday
maybe u could send me one of ur burned gc discs and i can try it out?
Zephyr64
_
24. March 2004 @ 17:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Where can I get that ISO RIpping server from?
infidel80
_
25. March 2004 @ 02:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I tried running freeloader from the pc, I got it from bitorrent. Anyways, I ran the program, it asked to insert the disc, and when I did, it said no disc. I'm thinking maybe it's because I'm running that program from my pc, instead of having the actuall retail disc of Freeloader. I'll see if I can find that somewhere, and give it a shot. I'll let ya's know.

Aznboi621: www.suprnova.org Sorry, but I don't have enough time here to upload, or have someone download from me :-( good luck.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. March 2004 @ 02:36

kojiro
_
28. March 2004 @ 07:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey icemonkey, is it possible to copy the gamecube games with my pc thought my DVD rom drive. it has Mini-DVD grooves on the tray. could I use a simple iso making program like Alcohol 120% and use it on the gamecube after I get Phantasy start amd the broadband adapter with the iso server?
Icemonkey
_
28. March 2004 @ 07:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Kojiro: No, you can only use the Gamecube disc reader for making backups of Gamecube discs at this point. Gamecube discs are not mini DVD's and will not read in any DVD reader. The broadband adapter exploit is a work-around to allow you to connect your Gamecube to your PC to use it as an external drive in a matter of speaking.

PS2 - v8
Mod - Magic V
Media - Anything Cheap

Phantasy Star Online
freelook
_
30. March 2004 @ 13:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have a question about phantasy star online...

i'm looking for the game, but the only versions i can find is "Phantasy Star Online: Episode 1&2" and "Phantasy Star Online III C.A.R.D. Revolution". does it matter what version i get? are the eps 1&2 just a bundle, or did they recode it somehow so that the GC hack doesn't work?

thanks,

--O2
Zephyr64
_
30. March 2004 @ 16:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2 are a bundle game and thats the game you need. I hear that Episode 3 also works but I don't know anyone who can confirm or deny it.
Lamorak
_
1. April 2004 @ 09:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Could someone do me a favor and test this wiht PSO ep. III? I mean i could go out and buy it myself but if it doesnt work I'd be screwed. The game is also easier to find at the moment than PSO I&II so if someone KNOWS that it works or has proof of some kind that would be greatly appreciated
Icemonkey
_
1. April 2004 @ 10:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It is my understanding that this exploit will not work with Phantasy Star Online 3. I strongly suggest getting a used Phantasy Star 1&2.

PS2 - v8
Mod - Magic V
Media - Anything Cheap

Phantasy Star Online
shank69ox
_
1. April 2004 @ 10:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah I agree with Icemonkey. As far as I know it doesnt work. I am looking to rent it, so I can test it myself to be sure. I am having a hard time finding it though

PS2 w/Messiah Pro2
PS2 v7 & v5 w/Swap Magic 2.0 & No-SolderPNP
XBOX X2.2 Pro 200GB w/X2 4978.03&Complex4627 BIOS
XBOX Apple X3 160GB HD w/EvoX M7 BIOS
XBOX TSOP Flash w/X2 4977 BIOS
giersh
_
1. April 2004 @ 12:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
aight, someone asked about Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles rom streaming; it's the first game i tried, and it works perfectly, with one drawback, the loading times are godawful slow since the music streams, it makes the most horrible noises during loading times... but it plays fine. i play it half the time instead of the disc, just because i can, and it makes me look cool in front of the cheerleaders, huhuhuh

...Yehyeh
Kyoushu
_
3. April 2004 @ 07:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can anyone help me? I'm streaming Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2, and whenever I press start at the main menu, it freezes and makes a horrible noise. Is it just loading or frozen completely?

Blah.
SONICLINK
_
10. April 2004 @ 03:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
First off, I would like to let those of you who don't know, gamecube games have indeed already been pirated, it is possible. go to

http://www.cubehacker.com/modules.phpname=News&file=article&sid=115

to see.

Secondly, do you need to use PSO to rip gamecube games? I live on Hawaii, where they dont have gamecube internet yet. And if they actually finally have it, I know for a fact it isn't broadband. I cant even get broadband on my PC where I live. They always leave our area out when making good internet service, especially on gaming consoles. I still remember dreamcasts internet. "Sorry! NOT availible in Alaska or Hawaii." If anyone finds a way to rip Gamecube games straight from your PC, please let me know.

Oh, well. I guess I'll just play my gamecube games not on my PC. =(

SONIC X is cool, but SONIC XXX sucks. Please, if you have a website, DON'T PUT HENTAI POPUPS!!!!!!
Thank you.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. April 2004 @ 03:04

Advertisement
_
__

_
shank69ox
_
10. April 2004 @ 10:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sonic, the point if this thread is to help everyone with backing up GC games. It does not require any form of internet either. All it requires is the broadband adapter to hook up to your PC. The first page of this thread should help you with that. And please dont refer to it as "pirating", cuz no one will help you pirate a game. We will help you backup and stream YOUR game to the GC though. Did you even read this thread, or just throw a post in?

PS2 w/Messiah Pro2
PS2 v7 & v5 w/Swap Magic 2.0 & No-SolderPNP
XBOX X2.2 Pro 200GB w/X2 4978.03&Complex4627 BIOS
XBOX Apple X3 160GB HD w/EvoX M7 BIOS
XBOX TSOP Flash w/X2 4977 BIOS

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > nintendo gamecube - general discussion > full guide to gamecube backup/booting

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork