User User name Password  

Saturday 7.9.2024 / 21:03
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > coollector, new freeware for movie lovers
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Coollector, new FREEWARE for movie lovers
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. December 2007 @ 19:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Excellent I'll try it now.

EDIT: I found it. But yes I would have never found it without your instructions. You need a tab up there to get to that panel. If you don't get the criterion indicated right it doesn't show the owned movies. But now that it's set you CAN toggle back and forth. You got a winner there.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. December 2007 @ 20:51

Advertisement
_
__
_Hector
_
3. December 2007 @ 21:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
I found it. But yes I would have never found it without your instructions.

Here is what I'm gonna change:

1) when you'll click the search button, you'll have those choices:

PERSONS
.......String Search
.......Criterion Search
MOVIES
.......String Search
.......Criterion Search
VIDEOS
.......Price Search
.......Barcode Search <= a lil bit later

(the "......." are supposed to be spaces, but this forum removes extra spaces, especially at the beginning of a line)

2) I'll also add predefined searches to the criterion search. With only one click, you'll be able to switch between the most common searches:

- display all rated movies
- display all owned movies
- display all loaned movies
- display all wished movies
- display all ordered movies

... and after closing the program, it will go back to the last search you've used.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. December 2007 @ 21:18

CrampFish
_
5. December 2007 @ 14:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Free movie posters generator

Fun app to create movie poster with you as main hero.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. December 2007 @ 14:26

i_am_alex
_
17. February 2008 @ 00:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I went onto the site, and SiteAdvsor showed it as red.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/coollec...ype=FF&aff_id=0

_Hector
_
17. February 2008 @ 00:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by i_am_alex:
I went onto the site, and SiteAdvsor showed it as red.
I've been told about that. Previously on my award page, I linked to all the download sites that had given me an award. But some of those sites were red on SiteAdvisor, so my own site went red too. I have completely removed all those dubious links from my award page, and asked SiteAdvisor to scan my site again. That was several weeks ago, and you can see my comment on SiteAdvisor. I suppose now I can only be patient...

You can trust my program, it's completely clean. No viruses. No spywares.

It has been tested by all the major sites: download.com, sofpedia, tucows, etc...

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. February 2008 @ 00:35

AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
15. April 2008 @ 22:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Hector,
I don't know if you're still following this thread or not, but I must say you have a really nice program! Thanx for all your work!

As I was adding my titles to the database, I was thinking it would be nice if it had a function to scan the hard drive and match names of the movies found and add them automatically to "owned" library...That would be a time saver when you have to enter a couple of hundred titles!
Probably thinking of too much though,I'll just take my time typing:)!
Cheers!

Piss me off, and I Will ignore You!
_
15. April 2008 @ 23:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was just going to add the same thing.

Is it possible to import a movie list with a .txt file

You could use it with directory printer.

Nice work though. Will recommend to others.
_Hector
_
16. April 2008 @ 01:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi cyprusrom and jlg895,

thank you very much for your very nice comments and your suggestion.

Though I'll probably add an import feature someday, it won't be immediately, rather in several months. There are other important features that I plan to add before this one. Sorry.

_Hector
_
16. April 2008 @ 01:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My roadmap looks like this:

1) grow the database of videos to a certain level of exhaustivity. I estimate I'll reach this level in 2 months.

2) allow inputing a video by its barcode (entered by hand or with a barcode scanner, and maybe later with a webcam).

3) automatically import a list of barcodes.

4) automatically import a list of titles only (no barcode).

5) scan a directory to generate a list of titles.

AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
16. April 2008 @ 02:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanx, that sounds great!"Growing the database of videos to a certain level of exhaustivity" sounds good! I have quite a few Asian(HK/Japanese mainly) titles and couldn't find an entry.
How about if the user would somehow be able to manually update the database- like enter a title that is not in the Collectors files and have the program import it from IMDB for example?

_Hector
_
16. April 2008 @ 05:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by cyprusrom:
How about if the user would somehow be able to manually update the database- like enter a title that is not in the Collectors files and have the program import it from IMDB for example?
I don't want the program to become complicated. I have chosen a simpler solution.

Starting next month (somewhere in may), there will be a thread in my forum where users will be able to tell me what movies they are missing (just the title and the IMDb ID) and I'll add those movies in the following database update (updates being weekly). The IMDb ID is just for reference, to be sure we're talking about the same movie. I won't really scrap the IMDb data to add it to my database, because it's illegal to do that without a licence, and also because our goal is not to have a database as exhaustive as that. We'll never list 200 crew members for a movie. We'll probably never have goofs, quotes, and things like that.

You might be disappointed if you like the the depth of the IMDb data, but worry not, a little bit later we'll propose direct links inside the Coollector program: to imdb.com, allmovie.com, etc... (the same way we already link to tv.com for series episodes). There will also be links to trailers, reviews, etc..., etc...

AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
16. April 2008 @ 10:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That sounds actually very good!
I wasn't thinking of adding all the "stuff" that IMDB gives you , just a way to enter titles that are not available. It seems that you already got that covered!
Again, excellent work!

AfterDawn Addict
_
16. April 2008 @ 18:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Actually that's the main reason I stopped using the program because there was no way to enter the 1200 movies in to the data base. I wasn't about to do it manually. I have all my movies listed in a running Word table.

_Hector
_
16. April 2008 @ 20:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If I count right, that's already 3 persons who have a list of movies that they would like to import into Coollector.

I think it would take me only a few hours to whip up some rudimentary importer. It would be a little application, separate from Coollector, but it would do the job, and report which movies could not be added automatically.

Would you be interested ? Would you try it ?

If so, we could do that in a few days. Right now I'm too busy improving the way PicLens integrates with Coollector.

AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
16. April 2008 @ 21:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That sounds great! I will give it a try as soon is available.
Thanx!

_Hector
_
17. April 2008 @ 05:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank you cyprusrom, we'll do that next week. But you can already send me you list, so I can see in which format it is, and what kind of data it contains.

Everybody who's interested, please send me your movie list at:

import at coollector dot com

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. April 2008 @ 05:24

AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
17. April 2008 @ 11:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Any format that you would prefer it to be? I can send a plain .txt/.doc

_Hector
_
17. April 2008 @ 11:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Any format that you would prefer it to be? I can send a plain .txt/.doc
Not .doc please :)

The .txt, how does it look like ? Is it comma string delimited ? What information do you have about the movies ? Their date of release ? Their cast ? The language of the video ? The format of the video (DVD, Blu-ray, etc...) ?

AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
17. April 2008 @ 11:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Here is a sample of the text file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2tnmgmrzkmb

CN-Chinese
EN-English

_Hector
_
17. April 2008 @ 12:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank you for the sample. That's the proof that everyone will come with its own format, and I'll have 1,000 different formats to handle.

I think the only solution will be to ask the user to provide a symbolic description of their file format.

In your case, that would be: "TITLE (CAST, YEAR) LANGUAGE"

What you think ? Do you like this solution ?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. April 2008 @ 12:10

AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
17. April 2008 @ 12:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That's kinda how I have it, except not all the cast, just one or two of the main, most knows actors. I could add a couple more names.And for the language, I can change it from the abbreviation to the full length word(EN->English). Whatever works for you, since you're doing all the work:~)

_Hector
_
17. April 2008 @ 12:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That's kinda how I have it, except not all the cast, just one or two of the main, most knows actors. I could add a couple more names.
No, no. That's no use. Whatever your cast, you'll end up with the cast from our movie encyclopedia. Your cast will only help to make the right match.

And for the language, I can change it from the abbreviation to the full length word(EN->English). Whatever works for you, since you're doing all the work:~)
If you leave it as "EN", then the language of your video will appear as "EN" in Coollector. It's your choice, but if I were you I would replace it by "english".

AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
17. April 2008 @ 15:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Okey dokey! Got it now! I will compile my list.

AfterDawn Addict
_
17. April 2008 @ 18:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Water Horse, The ?Legend Of The Deep AnyDVD-CloneDVD2-100%Exact Copy-5*135
Alien vs Predator: Requiem AnyDVD-ImgBurn-100%Exact Copy DL & AnyDVD-NeroRecode-100%-5*136
Juno AnyDVD-NeroRecode & CloneDVD2-100%-5*137

This is from a Word table last 3 movies done.

Advertisement
_
__

_
_Hector
_
17. April 2008 @ 19:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
Water Horse, The ?Legend Of The Deep AnyDVD-CloneDVD2-100%Exact Copy-5*135
Alien vs Predator: Requiem AnyDVD-ImgBurn-100%Exact Copy DL & AnyDVD-NeroRecode-100%-5*136
Juno AnyDVD-NeroRecode & CloneDVD2-100%-5*137
1) If you really want to keep the informations about AnyDVD, NeroRecode & al, the corresponding field inside Coollector is "details".

2) The title seems to always be separated from the rest by at least 2 spaces.

Thus, your symbolic file format would be:

TITLE DETAILS

(with 2 spaces between TITLE and DETAILS, but this forum forbids to write it correctly)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. April 2008 @ 19:19

afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > coollector, new freeware for movie lovers

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork