User User name Password  

Saturday 7.9.2024 / 21:08
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > coollector, new freeware for movie lovers
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Coollector, new FREEWARE for movie lovers
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Page:123Next >
_Hector
_
22. January 2007 @ 15:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
[posted with permission] (Nephilim, you're awesome)

Hi everybody !

I'm very happy to announce that I've just released a program called Coollector, which is totally FREE. If you like movies, you should give it a try:

coollector.com

DESCRIPTION:
-------------

Coollector is the last generation of video collection managers. It's a completely new way to manage your collection of movies, because it's not only a video collection manager, but also an encyclopedia of movies, and a store catalog too... All at the same time !

1/ Coollector looks like a large movie encyclopedia.
Only 14 MB to download, and you get a database of 33,000 movies and 68,000 persons.

2/ you can personalize all that data.
You can rate all the movies and persons that you know (from "excellent" down to "awful").
You can tell which movies you own in your collection, with all the technical details ( media type, image, sound, languages, subtitles, running time, studio, etc... )
You keep track of the movies you loaned.
You manage your wish list.

3/ all the movies in the encyclopedia are available in store.

To summarize, Coollector blends 3 types of information into a unique interface:

1/ your cinematographical culture (rated movies and persons).
2/ your personal collection (with technical details).
3/ the videos availables in store (with technical details too).

Coollector's interface is extremely user-friendly.
Coollector includes a very powerful and innovative search feature.
Coollector is very fast and reactive (everything is instant).
Coollector is a surprisingly lightweight application with low resource usage.
Coollector does not contain any spyware or malware.

Last but not least, I like to repeat it:
Coollector is TOTALLY FREE !!

Advertisement
_
__
_
22. January 2007 @ 16:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'll sticky this so folks don't miss it.

To all,

I'm a big fan of all the great guys developing freeware so I wanted to give Hector a shot here with our community. I'll be trying the software ASAP (on my Linux box at the moment). If you like it, let him know. If you don't like it - be constructive about it :)

My killer sig came courtesy of bb "El Jefe" mayo.
The Forum Rules You Agreed To! http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
"And there we saw the giants, and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight" - Numbers 13:33
kateman
_
22. January 2007 @ 17:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thats pretty awesome! you've done well.

help the monkeys are attacking me! dont worry, i fed the monkeys a banana, so now their off fighting a cat. i like the snow but the rain burns my skin. i can build a fort but thefhsfhkfnkjdsfikdgkjnbgjk...
_Hector
_
26. January 2007 @ 00:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Coollector has just been reviewed by SharewareJunkies.com

http://www.sharewarejunkies.com/07zwd1/coollector.htm

"In conclusion Coollector is just what the doctor ordered if you are at all interested in movies, it is feature packed, easy to use and it's FREE! So what are you waiting for? Go download it now!"

You know what ? I'm happy !

_
6. February 2007 @ 09:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Seem's very cool...Since its got Neph's seal of approval I'll give it a go.

Yours Truly; Rav
BitTorrent Safety Guide: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/395674
Free Security Software: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/292257
The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month. - Fyodor Dostoevsky
_
14. May 2007 @ 15:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok. I have just given this a try and I must say that it is good!

Really good.

Thank You Very Much!

I love freeware!

BluRay

PS. The program is so good, that even if it cost a few bucks it still would be worth it.

"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever." - Chinese Proverb BluRay.
AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
14. May 2007 @ 18:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have been looking for a free program to do this for a long time i will try this later but thanxs for the great program. :)

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
_Hector
_
14. May 2007 @ 22:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
BluRay, thank you very much for your oh so nice comments :))

I'm glad to announce that I'm currently working on adding images of movies and actors. That will make the program so much more attractive ! That should be ready next week.

I'm also preparing a huge update of the database, a complete overhaul, that should be ready next month !

Stay tuned ;-)

_Hector
_
14. May 2007 @ 22:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I forgot to mention that I will also add Amazon to the DVD price watch.

kamrez224
_
30. May 2007 @ 21:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi HECTOR ,many thanks for the movies,please can u help me whenever i download from the net ,i get virus in it,i dont know what to do
_Hector
_
31. May 2007 @ 13:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I pay great attention to viruses. I hope it's a false positive. Which antivirus do you use, and what does it say ?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 31. May 2007 @ 14:38

_
28. June 2007 @ 07:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I saw a post here about possible virus. While I doubt it, this is available for download at softpedia, where they guarantee it malware free:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/File...oollector.shtml

I just started putting my videos onto computer and this program is great.

I am glad I found this here.

Thanks
_Hector
_
29. June 2007 @ 01:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi jeffw224,

like you, I'm pretty confident that there is no virus, though with viruses we can never be 100% sure.

I'm glad you found Coollector and like it. I've just released a major update. The program is now much more appealing than before :)

AfterDawn Addict
_
25. July 2007 @ 04:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
cool will give this a try

250gb ps3 non modded and 60gb launch model 3.55cfw
ahiah9
_
12. August 2007 @ 01:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well, I've just started to organize my DVD collection, and I already have Movie Collector Pro. I haven't entered too many movies though, so I'm willing to start from scratch to use this if I can get some confirmation that it's worth it. Anyone?
tripplite
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
21. November 2007 @ 17:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey _Hector, ive seen you advertise on other sites (forums) and i must say this one great program and kudos for you for going through all this work,

ive decide to put some picks up of it to show our members what it looks like, hope you don't mind i took them from your site,

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. November 2007 @ 17:57

_Hector
_
21. November 2007 @ 19:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
tripplite, I'm glad you like the program, and I appreciate your support. That's a really good idea to add screenshots. Thank you very much !

tripplite
_
22. November 2007 @ 11:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
_Hector dont say thank you to me but rather pat your self on the back, this is a great program that you developed for free so thank you very much, its doing pretty well on download.com almost 3,000 downloads and it hasn't even been a month yet, i think people have been looking for a program like this for a long time and its good that some one finally developed it

it has really made my life alot easier and much more enjoyable,

I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU CHANGE THE DOWNLOAD LINK ON YOUR SITE FROM WHATEVER YOU HAVE NOW TO THE ONE ON DOWNLOAD.COM http://www.download.com/Coollector/3000-....html?tag=lst-1

ALTHOUGH YOUR ITS A CLEAN DOWNLOAD (on your site) PEOPLE ARE FAMILIAR AND FEEL SAFE WITH USING ANYTHING FROM CNET, PUT A BIG CNET/DOWNLOAD.COM IMAGE/link ON YOUR SITE AND PEOPLE WILL TRUST YOUR SOFTWARE ALL THEY WAY,

hector i cant link to any of the sites but i also highly suggest that you make a torrent for Coollector, it legal to do this because its freeware and was posted with your permission, the torrent will see alot more downloads then you ever though possible,

_Hector
_
22. November 2007 @ 12:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It's my sweetest dream that my program meets the widest audience !

Nonetheless, I'm not quite convinced by the download.com idea. Currently, a person clicks the download button, and the download starts. Can't be more simple. If I redirect to download.com, that will seriously complicate the operation, and people might get lost.

I never thought about bittorrent before, and I have doubts that this will make lots of downloads... but who knows ? I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong !

You don't even have to ask me permission. Everybody is welcome to distribute my program through any medium they want (as long as it remains free).

I feel very lucky to have users like you. You're great !

tripplite
_
22. November 2007 @ 15:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
_Hector- i'll inform you when i have a torrent of coollector running(11/30/07??), however i need a torrent description (1-3 sentences) and basic info on the product,
_Hector
_
22. November 2007 @ 15:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
"Coollector is an innovative FREEWARE that combines a personalized movies encyclopedia + a collection organizer + a best price finder, all inside a child's play to use interface"

Is it enough ? Can you suggest something better ?

_
3. December 2007 @ 09:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hector first off yoru program is incredible, secondly i was curious how often it will update the newer moveis that come out? right now i see that anything within the last 6 months or so isnt included.....

regardless i love yoru program, and cant wait to see how the masses love it.

"Success is my only...option, failure's not." ~eminem
_Hector
_
3. December 2007 @ 11:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank you very much hayden58 !

The very first update of the database is imminent. It's a huge update, with thousands of new movies and videos, a new database structure (in order to support TV series very soon after), data from CDuniverse.com AND Amazon.com, etc... etc...

There hasn't been any update before because I was improving other parts of the program. But right now, I work 100% on this update.

After this first update that was so long to come, we'll make much more regular updates, roughly one every week (while prices will still be updated daily).

AfterDawn Addict
_
3. December 2007 @ 14:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@_Hector

I also installed you program and was impressed with the database and search functions. There really isn't a folder or some place to keep my movies listed except in the right panel and all it does is underline the movie if you own it. But with 33,000+ movies to scroll thru it would be a complete program for me if there was a My coolection panel (Movies I own), that alternates with all the movies listed. That way one could scroll thru all one's movies at a glance and not all the 33,000 movies. Or maybe a function that eliminates all the "not underlined" movies at a button push and just leaves ones owned in the movie panel.

I'll keep and recommend the program just for the database. good job!

Advertisement
_
__

_
_Hector
_
3. December 2007 @ 18:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
garmoon, it's already possible to display only the movies that you own !

The movie search panel has 3 tabs: string search, criterion search, and price search. You've already found the string search (the one that lists all the 33,000 movies... until you type some words to search). What you need is the criterion search. With the criterion search, you can filter the movies with any combination of criteria (e.g. "the movies that you own", or "the movies that you loaned", or much more complex searches like "all the excellent comedies from the thirties that you'd like to have").

You're not the only one who fails to find this feature. I've designed a way to make all this more obvious and easy, and when I'm finished with the database update, that's one of the first things I'll change.

Thank you very much for your support :)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. December 2007 @ 18:21

Page:123Next >
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > coollector, new freeware for movie lovers

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork