User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 20:02
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - software boot discussion > help required in modding ps2 scph 70012.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Help required in Modding PS2 SCPH 70012.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Kevin1002hp
_
16. February 2013 @ 05:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm new to this forum. I know that the same question has been asked and you guys must have got irritated with this question. I have a PS2 (NTSC american) SCPH 70012. I know I'm steppin into the world of modding pretty late. I have a new sony ps2 memory card, two re-writable dvd's, a 8 gb sony usb and many softwares from Youtube (except cogswap.elf). I dont have an option of a modchip or buyin swap magic from anywhere. I know how to block my ps2 sensors using tape and tissue. I have swap magic software not the original dvd, but i read somewhere swap magic must be bought as original, only then it would work. I want to be able to play PAL games on my ps2. Someone please help. I have been searchin many forums and tried many things but nothin seems to work. Thanks for your patience.
Advertisement
_
__
Kevin1002hp
_
16. February 2013 @ 06:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
By the way, i'm not afraid to open up my ps2.
megadunderhead
_
16. February 2013 @ 12:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Kevin1002hp:
By the way, i'm not afraid to open up my ps2.
The interresting issue you are going to have is this.

Answer these questions before you mod.

1. do you plan on playing online ??

Once you install a mod chip you can no longer do this because of sony's dnas which detects modifications

2. does your console currently work well playing ntsc games ???

if you answered yes and no to these questions then we can get started.

The first thing you will need is a mod chip for the ps2 and some good soldering skills there are tons of wires with most mod chips unless you get a solder less chip that is.

places to look online for a mod chip are..

www.google.com search playstation 2 mod chip.

Then order and follow there instructions all done.

Now as for swap magic most newer ps2's where updated in the u.s so they stop booting swap magic and hd advance disk's you wont know until you try though i would highly recommend the mod chip you can do more with it then the disk method
Kevin1002hp
_
16. February 2013 @ 20:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I dont plan to play online. My ps2 only doesnt play gran turismo4. It just keeps spinnin and makes lot of scratches. I wanted to mod my ps2 so that i could rip the game, patch,burn and play. I used to live with my aunt in new jersey. That time i bought my ps2. Then i moved to india with my parents. So here i cant order a modchip or swap magic for my ps2. And in india the ps2 cd format is PAL. I need a way to convert PAL to NTSC also cos i need to ask my aunt to buy and ship it all the way here. I would love to have SM Magic switches, but dont wanna order online . I read that the sensor near the hinges of the cd cover needs to be covered last for it to work and it would be impossible for it to work(i dont wanna risk tryin to keep the ps2 unscrewed n open). And dont have original SM, so it would be useless to try that method. I was thinkin about Free Mcboot. I'm not old enough to go anywhere or order online. And i suck at solderin and even the machine i had, broke. By the way sorry i didnt reply early, i had gone to church. Pls reply. Thanks.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. February 2013 @ 20:33

megadunderhead
_
16. February 2013 @ 20:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Kevin1002hp:
I dont plan to play online. My ps2 only doesnt play gran turismo4. It just keeps spinnin and makes lot of scratches. I wanted to mod my ps2 so that i could rip the game, patch,burn and play. I used to live with my aunt in new jersey. That time i bought my ps2. Then i moved to india with my parents. So here i cant order a modchip or swap magic for my ps2. And in india the ps2 cd format is PAL. I need a way to convert PAL to NTSC also cos i need to ask my aunt to buy and ship it all the way here. I would love to have SM Magic switches, but dont wanna order online . I read that the sensor near the hinges of the cd cover needs to be covered last for it to work and it would be impossible for it to work(i dont wanna risk tryin to keep the ps2 unscrewed n open). And dont have original SM, so it would be useless to try that method. I was thinkin about Free Mcboot. I'm not old enough to go anywhere or order online. And i suck at solderin and even the machine i had, broke. By the way sorry i didnt reply early, i had gone to church. Pls reply. Thanks.
free mc boot still needs a exploited memory card which means you still need a action replay/code breaker a memory card a usb thumb stick and still it doesnt work with all games i would see about looking online for a used pal console because most ps2's are only 100.00 and you would spend well over that just for the items you need for mcboot because you still have to have the game to run the exploit
Kevin1002hp
_
16. February 2013 @ 21:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Okay, i have every thing you mentione already except a exploited mem card. Pls just tell me how to use fmcb even if it isnt going to work. And buyin another console (used) is ruled out for me cos i dont hv anywhere to buy it. I gave it a thought before and asked many people about it but no one knows where to get a used console and i dont want my parents knowin about the moddin. What are the games which dont work with this exploit? Thanks.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. February 2013 @ 21:09

Kevin1002hp
_
16. February 2013 @ 21:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You there? What exactly is a ps2 boot disc? Have you made a ps2 boot disc before? If yes have u been successful? What is a hd advance disk?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. February 2013 @ 21:41

_
17. February 2013 @ 03:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
for starters gran turismo 4 isnt a standard game it has copy right protection.it can be burnt there was a topic on here with a method to burn it (should be able to find it on the sites search function).

to get the exploit on a memory card (for free) you will need someone with a modded console that can copy it to the memory card, (some people offer to do that for you on modding sites provided you pay the shipping and send them the memory card).

computer stores here usually have people that can mod a console for a cheap price.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
Kevin1002hp
_
17. February 2013 @ 04:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
How about SM? Is there a way to burn a downloaded SM v3.6 n make it work? And about gt4, i ripped it from the original. I patched the iso with esr. Do i need to set the dvd format to ISO9660, UDF 1.02 format(got info while ripping)? Btw how should the other console be modded? If free mcboot then no. None of my friends have modded their ps2.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. February 2013 @ 04:21

Kevin1002hp
_
17. February 2013 @ 22:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can someone tell me, out of the list below, which games can be used to do the game swap trick?
Enter the matrix
POP SOT
Sonic heroes
kh1,2,recom
spiderman 2(treyarch), spiderman friend or foe
eye toy play 2
ddr extreme
karoake(konami)
ben 10 protector of the earth and alien force
tt superbikes
gt4(ruled out coz dont wanna risk rebuilding it)
pls reply.
Kevin1002hp
_
18. February 2013 @ 12:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Anyone there? Pls...pls...pls...pls...pls...pls...PLEASE,REPLY! I've been tryin to mod my ps2 since 2009, and i still have just no luck. Pls i beg of the reader pls help me. Is SCPH 70012 unmodable or somethin? Pls help.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. February 2013 @ 14:08

Zodeac
_
17. March 2013 @ 13:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey just get 007:agent under fire its like $2 from gamestop then just do the the memory card exploit softmodding your ps2 is nearly free reply if you would like me to guide you through this proccess
Advertisement
_
__

_
Kevin1002hp
_
17. March 2013 @ 18:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That's the problem. In india there are no gamestops (sad stuff for me). Just thought my aunt could send it here. Actually i am in the most pathetic position. If i had stayed in america or had bought my playstation in india, i wouldnt be thinking of modding even 1 bit. Anyway, Thanks. I'll try.
Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - software boot discussion > help required in modding ps2 scph 70012.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork