User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 04:38
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - software boot discussion > ps2 v14 scph-75001 softmod question
Show topics

Forums
Forums
ps2 v14 scph-75001 softmod question
  Jump to:

Posted Message
cellsheet
_
16. September 2012 @ 21:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ive been doing a bit of research and I found Ace's swap trick guide on blocking the lid sensors without voiding the warrenty. This is a big thing for me because this is my dad's ps2 and he probably doesn't want the hardware tampered with. This is why im choosing the swap trick where I can take everything out when im done.

Anyways, with the swap trick method I have found out that you can either play a ps1 game and swap trick it with another ps1 backup game as the playstation logo is showing. I also found you can go to the browser and swap trick the cd after the disk icon shows and then press x to boot it.

Am I able to do this to run a custom iso or am I limited to just ps1 games doing this method?

I am *ultimately* looking for a way to dump my bios for pcsx2 without:

a) voiding the warrenty (which is most likely covered by the sensor blocking method I found)
b) not paying anything ($5 max if i absolutely *HAVE* to buy 007 agent under fire. found it for $2 on gamestop :D).

Once I dump the bios I can easily remove the sensor blockers and it would appear as it was before all this.

Oh one more question, can free mcboot be removed after installing it on the ps2 memory card?

Thank you! :)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. September 2012 @ 22:13

supercopy
_
14. October 2012 @ 03:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by cellsheet:
Oh one more question, can free mcboot be removed after installing it on the ps2 memory card?
The answer to this question is: (what I think you're asking) Yes, you can remove the INSTALLER program and its associated files once you have the FMCB installed on the memory card.
If you want to "undo" the installation, then again yes, you can run the installer and choose the uninstall option to remove FMCB from the memory card.
Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - software boot discussion > ps2 v14 scph-75001 softmod question

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork