User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 08:46
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - software boot discussion > swap magic, pal game and ntsc ps2 question!
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Swap Magic, PAL Game and NTSC Ps2 Question!
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dacylunia
_
9. August 2013 @ 01:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello I have three questions about SwapMagic (I recently learned about) and PAL games on NTSC PS2 (fat) I wanted to make sure I know all the facts before I buy the Swap Magic

1) I want to play a PAL game on NTSC ps2 (fat) and which version should I buy? I read a lot of 3.6 and 3.8 but I wasn't clearly sure.

2) I heard that to play PAL game, Swapmagic is not enough. As in you also have to have a television that will receive the PAL signal..??! But I thought it you use Swapmagic that was not necessary... could someone clarify this please?

3)IF I HAVE TO have a television that can receive PAL signal then I might just think about buying a Japanese version of the game instead. Does the Japanese game also require a television that receive... uh...some type of signal like PAL? If not, what SwapMagic version should I buy?

Thank you all so much you are reading this! :3

It is really appreciated if these questions are answered!
spideray
_
23. November 2013 @ 15:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dacylunia:
Hello I have three questions about SwapMagic (I recently learned about) and PAL games on NTSC PS2 (fat) I wanted to make sure I know all the facts before I buy the Swap Magic

1) I want to play a PAL game on NTSC ps2 (fat) and which version should I buy? I read a lot of 3.6 and 3.8 but I wasn't clearly sure.

2) I heard that to play PAL game, Swapmagic is not enough. As in you also have to have a television that will receive the PAL signal..??! But I thought it you use Swapmagic that was not necessary... could someone clarify this please?

3)IF I HAVE TO have a television that can receive PAL signal then I might just think about buying a Japanese version of the game instead. Does the Japanese game also require a television that receive... uh...some type of signal like PAL? If not, what SwapMagic version should I buy?

I have SM v3.6 DVD version and can use it to play most NTSC games even backups on my Fat (SCPH-30003_BIOS_V3_PAL_120 PS2) and PAL TV however the screen is lifted about 1/3 above the normal I think that this needs a Y-Fix, the DVD v3.6 wont do this. Other than that it will work and you can play it.

I have had limited success using the SWAPMAGIC.ELF (v3.8) coder file running it through FMCB v1.93 it appears to work however it won't load the games it might work for you.

One if the best ways is to the the PAL2NTSC or NTSC2PAL ISO patcher by JayteeMaster this will convert your ISO and correct this Y-fix problem you can even ESR patch the ISO before you burn it. I have loads of success with about 95% of all NTSC games using this method however for some reason it wont work on Star Wars BF 2 where the DVD version 3.6 will if you can live with the screen shift.
megadunderhead
_
3. December 2013 @ 22:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by spideray:
Originally posted by dacylunia:

I have SM v3.6 DVD version and can use it to play most NTSC games even backups on my Fat (SCPH-30003_BIOS_V3_PAL_120 PS2) and PAL TV however the screen is lifted about 1/3 above the normal I think that this needs a Y-Fix, the DVD v3.6 wont do this. Other than that it will work and you can play it.

I have had limited success using the SWAPMAGIC.ELF (v3.8) coder file running it through FMCB v1.93 it appears to work however it won't load the games it might work for you.

One if the best ways is to the the PAL2NTSC or NTSC2PAL ISO patcher by JayteeMaster this will convert your ISO and correct this Y-fix problem you can even ESR patch the ISO before you burn it. I have loads of success with about 95% of all NTSC games using this method however for some reason it wont work on Star Wars BF 2 where the DVD version 3.6 will if you can live with the screen shift.
Actually there is another solution as well!!!

go to amazon and purchase a ps2 component cable.

if you have a component cable you can use the console on a hdtv without any issues because several hd tvs to cut costs can display ntsc and pal
Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - software boot discussion > swap magic, pal game and ntsc ps2 question!

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork