User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 22:10
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - dvd backup discussion > ps2 backups do not start anymore
Show topics

Forums
Forums
PS2 backups do not start anymore
  Jump to:

Posted Message
billrizer25
_
24. February 2013 @ 02:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey,

I have a SCPH-50008 PAL model (fat) PS2 that I got in 2006/7. I went to the version information screen and it says the browser is 1.40, CD player is 2.00, PlayStation Driver is 1.11 and the DVD player is 3.02D.
I had the PS2 modded as soon as I purchased it, but do not know what mod chip it has. It does not have any special boot screen like the matrix chips do.
I had not used it in a little over a year as I had it in the storage room and found it along with some games last week. When I first tried to run some of my ps2 backups (DBZ Budokai 3 and Devil May Cry 1), they would get to the Playstation 2 screen (before the game starts) and then the screen would just go black. I did burn the (.mds) file on Verbatim DVD-R disc at 4x using ImgBurn.
I opened it up (as it past the warranty anyway) and cleaned out all the dust and cleaned the lens as well. I tried to play them after that and they worked like a charm if I pressed the power button for about 2-3 seconds. No issues at all (very little to no clicking sound either).

Then, I wanted to try one of my PS1 backups (.iso file burnt on a Verbatim CD-R disc using ImgBurn at the lowest allowed speed), but it would just give me a "disc read error screen" and a "please insert Playstation 2 format disc" screen. I tried doing things like putting the ps2 in stand by mode (red power light) and then pressing the power button down until the blue eject light turns on, or pressing the power button twice, in hopes that it would "switch to PS1 mode" (read something of that sort on another website), but none of it worked.

I gave up on trying to get PS1 backups to work and tried to play a PS2 backup (DBZ Budokai 3), but now it will not boot. It does not even reach the Playstation 2 screen (before a game starts). It instead just goes to the "Browser and System Configuration" screen and/or then gives me the "disc read error screen" and a "please insert Playstation 2 format disc" screens.

I get the feeling I have switched to the "PS1 game mode" and so can not get PS2 backups to run. Originals still work fine though.

Do let me know if you need me to provide any information.
I hope this is the right place to post my question. Thanks in advance!
megadunderhead
_
6. March 2013 @ 09:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by billrizer25:
Hey,

I have a SCPH-50008 PAL model (fat) PS2 that I got in 2006/7. I went to the version information screen and it says the browser is 1.40, CD player is 2.00, PlayStation Driver is 1.11 and the DVD player is 3.02D.
I had the PS2 modded as soon as I purchased it, but do not know what mod chip it has. It does not have any special boot screen like the matrix chips do.
I had not used it in a little over a year as I had it in the storage room and found it along with some games last week. When I first tried to run some of my ps2 backups (DBZ Budokai 3 and Devil May Cry 1), they would get to the Playstation 2 screen (before the game starts) and then the screen would just go black. I did burn the (.mds) file on Verbatim DVD-R disc at 4x using ImgBurn.
I opened it up (as it past the warranty anyway) and cleaned out all the dust and cleaned the lens as well. I tried to play them after that and they worked like a charm if I pressed the power button for about 2-3 seconds. No issues at all (very little to no clicking sound either).

Then, I wanted to try one of my PS1 backups (.iso file burnt on a Verbatim CD-R disc using ImgBurn at the lowest allowed speed), but it would just give me a "disc read error screen" and a "please insert Playstation 2 format disc" screen. I tried doing things like putting the ps2 in stand by mode (red power light) and then pressing the power button down until the blue eject light turns on, or pressing the power button twice, in hopes that it would "switch to PS1 mode" (read something of that sort on another website), but none of it worked.

I gave up on trying to get PS1 backups to work and tried to play a PS2 backup (DBZ Budokai 3), but now it will not boot. It does not even reach the Playstation 2 screen (before a game starts). It instead just goes to the "Browser and System Configuration" screen and/or then gives me the "disc read error screen" and a "please insert Playstation 2 format disc" screens.

I get the feeling I have switched to the "PS1 game mode" and so can not get PS2 backups to run. Originals still work fine though.

Do let me know if you need me to provide any information.
I hope this is the right place to post my question. Thanks in advance!
you are and there isn't a version or game switch mode your ps2 laser might be having issues run a simple test first run a dvd movie then a music cd if the dvd movie runs and the music cd doesn't the lasers going out if the dvd movie runs and the music doesnt its a pot laser adjustment try this first then post back here the results
Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - dvd backup discussion > ps2 backups do not start anymore

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork