User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 21:24
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - dvd backup discussion > scph-90001 ps2 - swapmagic sometimes does not work / can't play burned isos
Show topics

Forums
Forums
SCPH-90001 PS2 - SwapMagic sometimes does not work / can't play burned isos
  Jump to:

Posted Message
teabox
_
2. January 2012 @ 12:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi. I have a new ps2 slim, the SCPH 90001 with only two screws in the back.
I have a SwapMagic 3.8 disc and two of the sensors are blocked.
However, whenever I put the SwapMagic disc in, it has a 66% of not working and instead goes to "the red screen of death" - the screen that says I need a ps2 disc.

And when SwapMagic does work, the burned disc does not; it goes to the memory card screen and underneath with white text, "reading disc" then it goes back to the red screen of death.

I have a TDK DVD+R 1-16x speed 4.7gb, the blue kind, and whenever I put them in when SwapMagic decides to not fck me over, it moves like... ka-chug, ka-chug. It's not as fast as SwapMagic nor my original legitimate copy of a ps2 game (Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories). The speed isn't... smooth.

I think the disc's spinning speed may be the problem but I have no idea what to do in order to fix it. I've used ImgBurn with AWS speed for the first three discs I burned - no luck - then one disc with 4x speed (I've realized yesterday that such an option exist, and you can choose however speed you wish, lol), and lastly, a disc with Roxio Creator on 8x speed.

None of them worked. If it helps, three discs were NTSC isos and two of them were the English patched Jpn version of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix.

I would appreciate any responses, because hell, I have no idea if it's the sensors since SwapMagic doesn't work time to time; my crappy blue TDK discs; or the burning speed.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. January 2012 @ 14:57

Kannz
_
6. January 2012 @ 01:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you should try to install freemcboot and use the swapmagic elf instead of the disc. I had similar problems with the discs but it worked fine using the elf with freemcboot. tdk should be fine but sometimes having better quality helps like sony or verbatim. also isnt there like 3 or 4 sensors in the slim? make sure you have them all blocked sometimes the stuff thats used to block them falls out when swapping so make sure its all taped in there.
teabox
_
13. January 2012 @ 15:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the advice! I'm going to try it out.

I currently have freemcboot on my flashdrive right now, but what the heck is "swapmagic elf"? Is it similar to uLaunchElf (I have no idea what this is either, but when I downloaded it, it came with three files: bin, cue, and iso.)
Advertisement
_
__

_
Kannz
_
14. January 2012 @ 16:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah its similar to ulaunch except it is used to actually play backups ulaunch is really only used to launch the freemcboot installer and other elf files and copy/delete files from or to the memory card. but swapmagic elf is used to boot burned games using a original game as a boot disc.
Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - dvd backup discussion > scph-90001 ps2 - swapmagic sometimes does not work / can't play burned isos

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork