User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 19:09
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > ps1 import games on ps2
Show topics

Forums
Forums
PS1 import games on PS2
  Jump to:

Posted Message
microeye
_
13. February 2013 @ 05:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a PAL PS2 slim and I got hold of a NTSC version of FF9.

What is the easiest way to get the game to run on my PS2 without modding a chip? I cant mod...

Thanks in advance :)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 13. February 2013 @ 05:48

Advertisement
_
__
megadunderhead
_
14. February 2013 @ 01:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by microeye:
I have a PAL PS2 slim and I got hold of a NTSC version of FF9.

What is the easiest way to get the game to run on my PS2 without modding a chip? I cant mod...

Thanks in advance :)
Easy but not easy let me explain.

In order to boot a import ps1 game you would need to do some modding but you have another issue as well which wont help you ff9 is a multi disk game so i can get you up and running but you would only be able to play disk 1 and not be able to switch disks without some kind of mod chip.

Here is what you do and what you need.

1. you need a ps1 action replay or codebreaker disk.

2. a screw driver

3. duck tape

step one.

Take the cover off of the ps 2 slim model once the cover is off you need to look for a black switch next to the cd drive tape it on all the time once taped down reassemble the ps2 and now your set listen up you need to start the console with the disk in the drive the action replay or code breaker by doing this mod you cannot power up the console and then insert a game it no longer works that way sorry.

step two

the code breaker or action replay must be pal i understand you are booting a u.s game but you need a codebreaker or action replay that can boot on your region console once booted select start game without codes dont try codes the game wont boot when it says insert disk quickly remove the disk and place ff9 disk one in and press x and your ready to play but you still cannot switch disks which isn't going to help you.
microeye
_
14. February 2013 @ 02:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
After a quick search I discovered that both action replay and code breaker is hard to come by and is fairly expensive compared to a modchip or swap magic.

Maybe I'm better off with some sort of mod after all.

In that case: I already have Free McBoot on a memorycard so I have no trouble playing burned ps2 games. But what should I get for ps1 backups and import?

Thank you for the advice and your time :)
megadunderhead
_
16. February 2013 @ 01:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by microeye:
After a quick search I discovered that both action replay and code breaker is hard to come by and is fairly expensive compared to a modchip or swap magic.

Maybe I'm better off with some sort of mod after all.

In that case: I already have Free McBoot on a memorycard so I have no trouble playing burned ps2 games. But what should I get for ps1 backups and import?

Thank you for the advice and your time :)
my recommendation is a mod chip but be far warned once you install a mod chip no online play anymore
Advertisement
_
__

_
microeye
_
17. February 2013 @ 16:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Doesn't matter. I don't use it to play online anyway :P
Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > ps1 import games on ps2

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork