User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 14:35
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > dismantled my 360 to repair disk drive - now controllers won't sync (wired & wireless)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Dismantled my 360 to repair Disk Drive - Now Controllers won't sync (wired & wireless)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Bohemianoth
_
31. May 2014 @ 09:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I did a quick scout of the forum, but I can't find a similar problem/thread so I'll try to make this as short/readable as possible without turning it into a wall of text.

Yesterday my CD Drive stopped reading disks so I dismantled my 360 and cleaned the lens in the drive. Before putting the console back together I tried a game and it loaded fine. Great. Or so I thought.

Upon putting my console back together neither of my two wireless controllers will sync, the green lights go round and round then flash constantly.
I went to a game shop today and bought a "Charge and Play" device to connect the controller to the usb port and it still doesn't read it!?!?!

- Wirelessly I cannot turn on the XBox with the green X button on the controller (or navigate from the home screen once the console is turned on from the power button)

- With the C&P device plugged in and into a USB port I CAN turn on the console, but the controller still won't function from then on.

I'm guessing I've damaged something when I rebuilt the console, does anybody have any idea what? I'm guessing it's not the RF unit as the console still won't accept my controllers when they're wired in, so I'm at a complete loss and YouTube is proving no help with this particular problem.

Does anybody have any idea what I've done wrong and if possible, how to rectify my stupid error before my wife kills me.

Many thanks in advance!
richietea
_
1. June 2014 @ 02:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The only thing i can suggest is to retrace your steps from when opening the console.RF boards can fry as can anything on the mobo if you didnt remove static before opening.I have had RF boards go on me that's why i have spares just in case.Have a look for shifting on the mobo from the case,something may be either shorting or the sync button may have been damaged,loose.It might be an idea to remove the whole mobo from the casing to get a clearer indication.Check the usb pins as well.Im sure it gives an error if pins are touching.I have come across this before but ages ago with only one console.It may be worth a look anyway while inspecting.
Bohemianoth
_
1. June 2014 @ 13:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank you RichieTea, I think I might've fried something then as I didn't take any actual precautions to remove any static, just the fatal mistake of assuming it'd be ok!

I think I've talked myself out of the RF board being faulty due to the fact that the console turns on when the controller is wired, but won't do anything from then on, so I'm going to follow your prompt and remove it all, including the motherboard.

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated.
Related links
Download Xbox 360 trailers from AfterDawn's gaming site

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Microsoft finally discontinues Xbox 360 1 22. April 2016 News comments
Motorola unveils new series of Moto 360 smartwatches 2 5. September 2015 News comments
Microsoft makes 'Forza Horizon 2: Presents Fast & Furious' free for Xbox One, Xbox 360 7 31. March 2015 News comments
Moto 360 coming soon in gold and with a new leather band? 1 1. November 2014 News comments
Buying 'Destiny' for PS3, Xbox 360? Bungie giving vouchers to upgrade to current gen for free 1 8. September 2014 News comments
Best Buy leaks Motorola Moto 360 price, specs, features 1 18. August 2014 News comments
Google shows off prototypes of Moto 360 and LG G Watch 4 4. June 2014 News comments
Xbox 360 FLASH MOD HELP 6 2. June 2014 Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking
Have 60GB hard drive on original 360, can put bigger hard drive in 60GB casing? 8 10. May 2014 Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > dismantled my 360 to repair disk drive - now controllers won't sync (wired & wireless)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork