User User name Password  

Saturday 18.5.2024 / 20:50
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > nero discussion > post your disc quality scans here 2
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Post your DISC quality scans here 2
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
12. August 2007 @ 07:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
NIce scans guys..
@greensman

6004 pie's thats way to sweet... see what i have been saying about those verbs??lol

heres a sample of doing a scan at 4x and then 2x

4x is what i normally do mine at.. the slower the scan speed is the closer it is to what your player is actually gonna read and play the disc, but the slower you do the test the longer it will take..lol

4x
2x

not really impressed with these scans

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. August 2007 @ 07:52

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. August 2007 @ 18:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
FIRST post of DL media. NOT as good as I wanted but it'll do for now.
Dynex 8X DL DVD+R (Ricoh D01)

stats

scan

hobbit I got the jitter to go past the layer break but it ain't good. :)

....gm

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
_
12. August 2007 @ 19:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Now that's a funky jitter scan! :D Question is, how does it play?? Should make it past the layer break but I bet you get some pixelation at least and maybe some freezes too!

Holy Cow! I just noticed you burned that puppy @ 8X! Put that baby in handy place, i'd love to see some scans as it ages!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. August 2007 @ 20:21

AfterDawn Addict
_
13. August 2007 @ 14:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by hobbit112:
Now that's a funky jitter scan! :D Question is, how does it play?? Should make it past the layer break but I bet you get some pixelation at least and maybe some freezes too!

Holy Cow! I just noticed you burned that puppy @ 8X! Put that baby in handy place, i'd love to see some scans as it ages!
Haven't tried it yet. LOL.

AND that was the SCAN speed NOT the right speed. LOL. I burned at 4X for starters. :D

...gm

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. August 2007 @ 20:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Tried the DVD+R DL and it played just fine but I won't do any betting on how long it will last. LOL.

Got a scan you guys need to check out. :) NOT so much the scan but the version of Nero CD/DVD Speed. :D

scan of TYG02

...gm

link for cd/dvd speed 4.7.7.3

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
14. August 2007 @ 04:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@greensman
got that link yesterday from cdfreaks..lol seems to be causeing problems with vista...figure that..
had these scans yesterday just didntget to post them...

this first one is a scandisc. havent done one of these in a while. just wanted to see how the disc is being read.

Scandisc

just a scan of a TY. im not sure about this FW the GLOJ.. think i like GLOH better.

GLOJ

@greensman
you get my PM's?
_
14. August 2007 @ 11:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by hobbit112:
@Playr,

My Liteys didn't like the TY 02s either. Had much better luck with the 03s.

Yeah, but TY 02s are suppose to be the king of all media (sorry Howard).

_
14. August 2007 @ 12:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I think they are/were "king of all media" because the majority of burners could successfully burn them, high quality control standard plus the stability of the dyes being used.

It's mainly what your burner will burn most successfully and consistantly. My newer Lite-on LH-20A1Hs burn the 03s better than the 02s (actually they burn the 16x rated media better than the 8x), so I use the 03s with them.

dutchmo
_
14. August 2007 @ 17:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. August 2007 @ 17:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
NIce one dutchmo. :) I've only seen a couple of scans on a BENQ that had PIF's below 100. btw that scan shows why the "older" drives did so well with YUDEN T02 media. :D

...gm

edit: to add stat/scan of MCC 03RG20 (DVD-R 16X Verb....cincyrob's fav....lol) recorded on the Pioneer DVR-112L at 8X.

stat MCC 03RG20

scan MCC 03RG20

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. August 2007 @ 20:15

AfterDawn Addict
_
15. August 2007 @ 03:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OK, just so you guys/gals know!! I was half asleep on this burn and forgot to reduce the burn speed. LOL. Man are these some pretty mountains?

Dynex DL burned on LH-18A1P @ 8X (ooops) stat

Dynex DL burned on LH-18A1P @ 8X (ooops) scan

Take a gander and laugh.......I"m gonna try 2.4X next time and see if these things will burn at all. Maybe I'll get something worth keeping. LOL. All I know is they don't like 8X for you know what. hehehe. I'm not sure there is many DL media out there that can handle that speed anyway. Although I will admit the "first" half of the disc scanned pretty danged good, PIE's were low and PIF's had a spike of 4; which isn't to bad for a DL disc. :S

Happy burning to all. :D

...gm

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
15. August 2007 @ 13:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@greensman
dang i'd hate to try and climb those mountains..lol all them peeks and valley's lmao.

were those Dynex rated at 8x? or was they a fun overburn?
i know verbatim has the 8x DL disc, i wonder what they look like burnt at 8x?

micro center has some garbbage winndata DL disc i think they are like 10 for $10 might just get some to play with and see what they do.
_
15. August 2007 @ 13:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Actually, Verbatim has some 10x DLs out. Saw them on Newegg for about $3.00 ea plus shipping.

_
15. August 2007 @ 15:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I almost picked up some Dynex +R DL (15 for 16.99) at Best Buy today just for the helluva it. Now if they would have been printable definitely would have but instead picked up 50 Verb +R's for 11.99.

Forum Rules
Do this before posting
Do not click this link...
dutchmo
_
15. August 2007 @ 15:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. August 2007 @ 15:21

AfterDawn Addict
_
15. August 2007 @ 17:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I almost spilled my beer when I saw the little puppy on the screen. :P Good to see you binkie7. :D Picked up some of the Dynex DL's but they may not be to good. LOL. MIHK. Try some more tonight and really see what's what.

dutchmo you really shouldn't say so much. LOL. NOT a bad scan for that media. The Sony MIJ do a little better. LOL. TY's of course except for the 16X DVD+R's.

.....gm

_
15. August 2007 @ 19:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
lol - now I'd hate to see you spilling your beer :)

I'll have to post a scan here or there to stop the beer spillage :)

Forum Rules
Do this before posting
Do not click this link...
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. August 2007 @ 20:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't have many options left with these Dynex. LOL. I got one good burn and one mediocre one as well and nothing on the last 3. LOL. At least I only wasted $16.99+tax.

L@@K at this and laugh. I won't post another one of these until I get something that is worthy. :)

Dynex DL stat

Dynex DL scan

...gm

@cincyrob,
8X was not what I wanted but got it anyway. LOL. They are rated at 8X but I can't see them ever hitting a good burn with that speed. I've tried 2.4, 4, and 8X but not great results yet. Gonna go back to the LH-20A1S and see how she performs. :D

Just for the edification of others. THIS is a prime example of paying for what you get. :D I'm at about $3 per successful disc, could've purchased the NEW 10X Verbs for that price. LOL.

dutchmo
_
15. August 2007 @ 21:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:
I almost spilled my beer when I saw the little puppy on the screen. :P Good to see you binkie7. :D Picked up some of the Dynex DL's but they may not be to good. LOL. MIHK. Try some more tonight and really see what's what.

dutchmo you really shouldn't say so much. LOL. NOT a bad scan for that media. The Sony MIJ do a little better. LOL. TY's of course except for the 16X DVD+R's.

.....gm

The first scan I posted was from a batch of Sony MIJ that I purchased over a year ago that I had only used for ps2 games, but now I'm just going to use them for movies along with Sony MIT, Verbatim, and 16x TY's which I will post some scans for later
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
16. August 2007 @ 03:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i just dont understand the scan on the DL disc. on just about everyone ive seen teh first layer has a great scan and then the second layer looks like it belongs in the junk pile.im just wondering if these scans are really reading the second layer that good.. im usre it plays fine in our drives but are the set up to do a scan like that???

you all got me wondering about the DL's now. im gonna get me some of them cheap windata DL's today on my way to work. heck if they are like there single layer they might code out as verbatim...lol

ive seen a few of you mention a 10x DL verb is that smart burning them that fast?
has anyone tried the double sided disc? those are some pretty costly disc themselves....
ok im just rambling now someone tell me to shut up..lol
_
16. August 2007 @ 04:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@cincyrob,

I first encountered the funky 2nd layer DL scans with the Riteks about a year ago. If you look at the Verb DL scans (here's one), you will notice it doesn't have that characteristic.

Verbatim got the layer break right. As far as I've seen, no one else has.

JoeRyan
_
16. August 2007 @ 13:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I went through a test spindle of CMC 4X DVD-R DL on a Plextor PX-716A with firmware version 1.10 and found the entire spindle to have scans on both the Plextor/PlexTools and Lite-On DH20A1/K-Probe to be as good as the best of Verbatim DL. This is very odd because there is little support elsewhere for either CMC DL media or for DVD-R DL in general. I would not recommend these media on any other drive unless one tested them first to see the results--and production lots may also vary from test lots. Sometimes one just has to scratch his/her head when surprising findings pop up. (All the discs played well with a Pioneer DV-59AVi even though this model usually hangs up at the layer transition for all recorded DL media and has a noticeable lag on DVD-ROM DL.)

I believe that DL media were introduced far too soon, but the bigger improvements have been with the newer editions of drives and firmware than with the media, although they have also seen significant improvements in quality and yield.
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. August 2007 @ 15:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello JoeRyan!! Hope all is well in your world. :) I agree with the drives not "up to date" with the media right now. I haven't messed with enough DL media to really know what works best with my drives but I will go on a limb and say that MIHK media in general isn't VERY good. lol.

Had to post this for my friend cincyrob. :P

RITEK R03 burned at 8X on the LH-20A1S Lite-on. :D

Stats

Scan

Funny how you mention that you haven't gotten a 98 score in a while and here one pops up for me. hehehe. Nice scan on decent media but I still like the Yudens and Verbs better. MORE consistent. :)

....gm

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
16. August 2007 @ 17:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@greensman

id say thats a sweet scan but im here at work and cant see it..lol but i only have about a hour left and im on my way home. well thats a good thing we talked up a 98. guess im gonna have to get back to burning on the fly to get me one..lol

@JOERYAN

can you put some insight on why the second layer of the DL disc look so ugly on the scans? is my theroy right about the nero program just isnt set up to read that second layer as good as the first? or is it that our drives just arent as good as they should be to actually write to that second layer the way it should??? or am i just looking at it the wrong way???

and i wasnt able to get to microcenter to get some of those DL windata disc to give them a try.

here is a link to a 20 pack of them for $14.99
but im sure they have 10 packs of them also
http://microcenter.com/single_product_re...duct_id=0263405
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. August 2007 @ 18:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Why didn't you get any of the DL's rob?? That's $.75 each!! Even if you get 50% success rate it's pretty cheap. LOL. Heck buy a 20 pack and I'll split the cost with you. :D I'm starting to like these DL's for some reason. The ones that I purchased aren't the greatest but I like the premise behind them and I like the ability to back-up the entire disc if I really like the movie w/o quality loss. I think that binkie7 and I talked about that once. BUT back then DL sales were pretty weak and not worth the money. Still not really worth it but the idea is running around in my head anyway. Talk about rambling. :P

....gm

afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > nero discussion > post your disc quality scans here 2

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork