User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 01:36
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > safety valve > where are the old skool lot?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Where are the old skool lot?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
25. April 2014 @ 20:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you mean a bar as in a place where everybody knows your name? cool.
Advertisement
_
__
ps355528
_
27. April 2014 @ 22:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The very thing.. and as landlady I would hope they do all know my name,(it will be over the door after all) or at least that I'm a badass if I'm crossed.. heh heh heh

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
_
27. April 2014 @ 23:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
good on you.oddly enough i just switched careers from automechanic to bartender/cook.loving it so far and clean hands too.lol
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
10. June 2014 @ 08:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Wow, quite the collection of the old school crowd in here.

A big hi to everyone. Glad to see so many familiar people in and out of this thread. It's like a stroll down amnesia lane. ;-)

@Aldan...i wish i could get out of this business mate. So congratulations to ya on getting out of the auto business alive. Lol.

_
10. June 2014 @ 15:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yah,i quit cold turkey.lol.my hands still shake a little when i think about it.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
10. June 2014 @ 17:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
aldan You won't regret it i never have,cut a long story short made redundant too many times due to change of ownership or just gone belly up,was lucky enough to get a job at local lawnmower repair shop,it was a refreshing change from working on cars some of which were just junk ,tho i did enjoy working on the odd muscle car or any other ford,chev etc v8 vehicle apart from other later model vehicles,did mower repairs for 4 years & eventually wound up being self employed mowing lawns been doing that for 14 years,it's been great,doesn't mean it hasn't been a struggle at times with having a mortgage & bills along with economy down turns,that aside i'm almost there,mortgage will be paid off next year in April & right now things are going well,better than expected being able to do my own repairs since i have most of the equipment required including welders,the mowers are kept going far beyond what they would do normally,tho admittedly my main mower is a purpose built 24" steel base self propelled mulch/sidethrow & doesn't wear much & will outlast me..lol..yeah anyway i get paid to exercise which isn't a bad thing when i consider some customers who have been with me a number of years have extended around their middle

Advertisement
_
__

_
_
11. June 2014 @ 02:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah,know what you mean about paying the bills.took a hell of a cut in pay to do what i do now,but,like you our mortgage has a little more than a year to run so meh,its all good.

afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > safety valve > where are the old skool lot?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork