User User name Password  

Saturday 18.5.2024 / 23:31
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > safety valve > where are the old skool lot?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Where are the old skool lot?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
29. March 2013 @ 11:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ripper, I think you're a bit younger than me, no? I was only 16 when I joined up here.. 25 this year :/

But with so many oldies about (sorry Gurnard), I still feel like a bambino!

Stickied this thread and unstuck a couple of outdated and / or redundant threads.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
29. March 2013 @ 11:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Lethal_B:
Lol Mik3h, you look so much older nowadays! (stands to reason, but still)..

About to hit my eighth year since signup in July.. incredible really. Definitely haven't been on a site for longer.

*waves* to everyone.
Haha yep I get that a lot. Just you wait though, I'll hit 30 and stay that way forever. 23 this year, think I was 14 when I signed up.

http://my.afterdawn.com/mik3h/blog_entry.cfm/1394 - Guides written by me.
http://www.adbuddies.org/ - Join us Live on IRC!

(Kudos to Ripper For The Beautiful Sig!)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. March 2013 @ 11:39

AfterDawn Addict
_
29. March 2013 @ 13:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah Lethal, I'm 21 this year; so I must have been 13 when I signed up. I don't think anyone ever asked though because they assumed I was a bit older.

I was, and now probably am, the youngest regular here! Haha.

_
29. March 2013 @ 14:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
gawd!!! i'm on a forum over run by babies :) but as you can sea.... still lurking

gif by ireland

we cant help if you wont help yourself
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
29. March 2013 @ 14:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Any of you use face book, be good to stay in touch

http://my.afterdawn.com/mik3h/blog_entry.cfm/1394 - Guides written by me.
http://www.adbuddies.org/ - Join us Live on IRC!

(Kudos to Ripper For The Beautiful Sig!)

AfterDawn Addict

2 product reviews
_
29. March 2013 @ 14:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Folks... how the hell are ye,s all keeping... good i hope! ;D

AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
29. March 2013 @ 16:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Mik3h:
Any of you use face book, be good to stay in touch
gurnard, I thought you'd be dead by now.;)

Mik3h

I have a Facebook account (in fact 3 of them), and it's fine for lite banter, but in a serious discussion it's at best a chaotic free for all. Forums' are still better for serious tech discussions if the mods are on point.

"Please Read!!! Post your questions only in This Thread or they will go unanswered:

Help with development of BD RB: Donations at: http://www.jdobbs.com/
_
30. March 2013 @ 15:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Sophocles :)
must admit that i feel dead some times ... but i wake up every morning lol

yep i've got a FB account as well (set up by my kids )

far to much swearing on an open forum for my liking

gif by ireland

_
30. March 2013 @ 16:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i turn 29 this year.teenagers will call me old over 40s will call me a baby.

fb can be a nightmare at times young people venting rage and immature posts saying they gonna go out and kill people and walls full of constant swearing.familys arguing for the world to see welcome to social media.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.

1 product review
_
4. April 2013 @ 10:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No lurkers allowed

ddp
_
4. April 2013 @ 15:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you are always lurking & not working.
_
4. April 2013 @ 23:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Wow....not as old skool as most of y'all on here, just been bumping around for....5yrs now?? Has it been that long since I first stumbled onto this place.....where did the time fly to??

AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
5. April 2013 @ 19:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Gurnard

"must admit that i feel dead some times"

I for one am glad that this is not one of those times or anytime. I've always enjoyed your meanderings of thought. Good to hear from you!

LocoEng

I also do a lot of lurking, but the drive to drop in has lessened. Things are much simpler now and advice, good or bad, is overflowing. So what are you into these days, on or off line.

ddp

"you are always lurking & not working"

Is there any work left? You are persistent so I suspect that you will always find work but I bet you also lurk.

"Please Read!!! Post your questions only in This Thread or they will go unanswered:

Help with development of BD RB: Donations at: http://www.jdobbs.com/
AfterDawn Addict
_
6. April 2013 @ 09:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by LOCOENG:
No lurkers allowed
IT LIVES

ddp
_
6. April 2013 @ 18:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
no ripper, it's ALIVE!!!!
_
10. April 2013 @ 05:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
LOCO blimmie !!!
sorry buddy, it's in my genes .... on uncontrolable urge to LURK :)

gif by ireland

ps355528
_
19. June 2013 @ 00:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
can't beat some quality lurking time

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
ps355528
_
28. July 2013 @ 03:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
oh yeah.. still alive and heading for the smoke tomorrow.. The Trout in Hammersmith at between 3 and 4 if anybody fancies it ;)

and I do use fartbook.. ask Scott.. he's on my lists.. but if you know my real name (and theres plenty of clues in my earlier posts as to my job) you should be able to find me easy enough

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
ddp
_
28. July 2013 @ 18:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what is "the smoke"?
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
29. July 2013 @ 00:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
A city usually,you most probably know as big smoke ddp,or it's a purpose built smoke house for smoking trout or a acres of the good green stuff that cheech n chong would be proud of,however it sounds like the ol' trout *runs* :p is off to a pub in the city to get her knees up,oh! gawd there's a thought ps355528 is gonna be dancing on tables after a few jugs should be a good night out if only she could remember :P

_
31. July 2013 @ 04:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi ddp :)
the "smoke" is english slang for LONDON
due to the fog being so thick (smog) during the victorian times, that you couldn't sea your hand with your arm extended. this existed well into the 70's until smokeless fuel law was brought in

gif by ireland

ddp
_
31. July 2013 @ 12:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
we would have said here in canada the "big smoke" or "the city" unless it was toronto then it was the "TO".
_
31. July 2013 @ 16:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
one major problem with that. being brits it would complicate matters to much and we'd get lost :)

gif by ireland

ddp
_
1. August 2013 @ 16:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you always get lost which explains why english is the main language of the world.
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
1. September 2013 @ 13:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hehe

Yay is remembered my login stil :P

Hiyas all good people of afterdawn
just in here for a little visit to say hello to the old crew !!!

Greetings

Retro

afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > safety valve > where are the old skool lot?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork