User User name Password  

Saturday 18.5.2024 / 19:44
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > safety valve > where are the old skool lot?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Where are the old skool lot?
  Jump to:

Posted Message

2 product reviews
_
20. October 2013 @ 12:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Lethal_B:
Ripper, I think you're a bit younger than me, no? I was only 16 when I joined up here.. 25 this year :/

But with so many oldies about (sorry Gurnard), I still feel like a bambino!

Stickied this thread and unstuck a couple of outdated and / or redundant threads.
While I wouldn't say I was particularly one of the old school lot I was around a fair bit 3-4 years ago - joined around the same time as you Lethal at the same age, I'm 25 now. I used to be obsessed with this forum but this is the first time I've logged in in about 3 years.

Advertisement
_
__
_
20. October 2013 @ 18:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Alright fellas! How's tricks?

See lethal, sudds, ddp and co still around :-)

PS: 8 years September passed.... WOW that is all!

PSS: As for age, I'm 31 next week lol.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. October 2013 @ 18:44

scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
20. October 2013 @ 21:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Old skool lot to me would be original members who joined not long after the place was first created & were the main contributors in the forum,a members age has nothing to do with it,i'd expect an old skool member to strut round the place as tho they were royalty & would expect to be treated as such & for all lowly subjects like us lot to bow in their presence & chant "we're not worthy" till they're out of ear shot,so slackers get chanting

ddp
_
20. October 2013 @ 21:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
not me!!!
PacMan777
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. November 2013 @ 02:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Old Skool? Some of these guys were using a flint to chip figures on cave walls... back before DVD burners. If you ran along the wall, it was moving pictures. LOL

Hey all.

_
16. November 2013 @ 13:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Old Skool? Some of these guys were using a flint to chip figures on cave walls

Hey now let's not forget the gals too :) Plus the gals didn't use flint to chip figures - we've always had more advanced technology way before you guys did :)

Forum Rules
Do this before posting
Do not click this link...
ps355528
_
17. November 2013 @ 18:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Alive and kicking.. London again on 3rd December.. Trout in Hammersmith anybody?.. should be able to grab a quick beer as long as I'm on the tube for 6.30

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
AfterDawn Addict
_
17. November 2013 @ 22:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by binkie7:
Quote:
Old Skool? Some of these guys were using a flint to chip figures on cave walls

Hey now let's not forget the gals too :) Plus the gals didn't use flint to chip figures - we've always had more advanced technology way before you guys did :)
Good to see you post again, binkie7!

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce - Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
Computer: Intel Core i7-920 Nehalim;Asus P6T Deluxe V2
_
18. November 2013 @ 07:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks GrandpaBW! I'm going to try and pop in a bit more.

Forum Rules
Do this before posting
Do not click this link...
ps355528
_
20. December 2013 @ 01:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
IO IO IO Saturnalia !!!

Seasons Greetings to one and all.. and this years offering from madworld?

How about Windows 2.03 running on Crunchbang Linux and dosbox?

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. December 2013 @ 01:49

_
20. December 2013 @ 12:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ive only been here since march of 2007 but im older than most of you.(except 2old)dunno where that puts me.lol.merry christmas to all of you.
ddp
_
20. December 2013 @ 12:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
maybe you are & maybe you are not.
_
20. December 2013 @ 13:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
well i know your about 4-5 years my junior (im gonna be 56 in jan)lol.
ddp
_
20. December 2013 @ 13:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
just under 2 under you.
_
20. December 2013 @ 14:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
damn you are old.LOL
ddp
_
20. December 2013 @ 15:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
but not as old as you!!!!!!
_
21. December 2013 @ 06:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by aldan:
wow aldan i thought you were in late 40's (you might of been when i joined)

im still 29 for another 8 months.

im still around.

merry christmas everyone and have a drunken new year.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
_
21. December 2013 @ 16:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by xboxdvl2:
Originally posted by aldan:
wow aldan i thought you were in late 40's (you might of been when i joined)

im still 29 for another 8 months.

im still around.

merry christmas everyone and have a drunken new year.
im seriously gonna work on that last one.merry christmas.
_
23. December 2013 @ 16:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I pop in now and again still recognise a few user names but much like at school on here i blended into the background so i very much doubt anyone would remember me. I remember some of you guys used to post 50+ posts a day i suppose that is how you all got more well known.

Only popped in due to issue with 3ds xl and r4 card.

Coming up for my 10 year anniversary in Jan do i need to send you my address for a gold watch or a bit coin?
_
26. December 2013 @ 18:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
aldan :)
speaking in calender years ..... thou art but a baby

Hi Binkie xx

gif by ireland

we cant help if you wont help yourself

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. December 2013 @ 18:58

_
26. December 2013 @ 19:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey gurnard,i forgot you are older than dirt.lol. oh well,ive always been a middle child anyway.merry christmas.
_
26. December 2013 @ 23:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OLDER THAN DIRT -- HA!

Merry Christmas everybody, good to see some folks lurking.
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
29. December 2013 @ 21:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Gurnard

Just dropping in to say Happy Holidays to you and everyone, and hoping that you'll still be alive next year. ;-)

To others, I'm curious, just how "old skool" does a member have to be, to be of "old skool lot?"

"Please Read!!! Post your questions only in This Thread or they will go unanswered:

Help with development of BD RB: Donations at: http://www.jdobbs.com/
_
30. December 2013 @ 01:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I never class myself as an old-schooler as such, but as time has gone on and the forums have become a graveyard, I think it constitutes anybody that was here before things began to wane.

Originally posted by Nicklt:
While I wouldn't say I was particularly one of the old school lot I was around a fair bit 3-4 years ago - joined around the same time as you Lethal at the same age, I'm 25 now. I used to be obsessed with this forum but this is the first time I've logged in in about 3 years.
Yes, I remember joining when I was 16.. talk about wasted youth!

Even though the necessity of the aD forums is only going to decrease as time goes on, I do hope that the guys running the site see enough value to keep them running for years to come.

The way we consume info these days means that people don't want to post a question onto a forum and wait or learn something new, and it's a shame.

Who'd have thought five or so years ago that the practice of backing up DVDs would become almost obsolete so quickly?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 30. December 2013 @ 02:01

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
30. December 2013 @ 06:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Sophocles:
Gurnard

Just dropping in to say Happy Holidays to you and everyone, and hoping that you'll still be alive next year. ;-)

To others, I'm curious, just how "old skool" does a member have to be, to be of "old skool lot?"
I think it is safe to say that you count! Does DVDHounds still live?

Lethal, we were discussing this somewhere else too, I was 13 when I registered. Haha. Hope you and everyone had a good holidays.

afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > safety valve > where are the old skool lot?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork