User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 18:20
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - uk & europe > ariva 150 combi
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Ariva 150 combi
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
23. August 2012 @ 04:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/mini-usb-2...er-black-120933

If you want this to go Wireless, there is a dongle, these boxs use RALINK5370 type wireless dongles, same as the genuine ones from Ferguson, which are 25 Euros, they have these on fleabay to for a couple of quid!
Advertisement
_
__
_
23. August 2012 @ 06:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I found what I was looking for alright Micah. Took me a while, but it was fairly obvious in the end. Just using the editor tool to sort out my channels, proving to be a bit tedious. That app for the remote control is the business too, can change channels from anywhere in the house.
This box has proved to be a great bonus. I bought it just for the saorview aspect and being able to get BBC and itv HD, but now it's going to replace my dreambox 500. It's far better quality.
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
23. August 2012 @ 06:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by baxtard:
I found what I was looking for alright Micah. Took me a while, but it was fairly obvious in the end. Just using the editor tool to sort out my channels, proving to be a bit tedious. That app for the remote control is the business too, can change channels from anywhere in the house.
This box has proved to be a great bonus. I bought it just for the saorview aspect and being able to get BBC and itv HD, but now it's going to replace my dreambox 500. It's far better quality.
was it this way - TOOLS, LOCAL NETWORK SETTINGS, (RED) button to access the ccams menu?

Yeah the editor can be a pain alrite, but at least you have one for it and there is a tool also if you brick it from Ferguson also, to reflash the eprom

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. August 2012 @ 06:21

_
23. August 2012 @ 10:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by MICKAH:
I am getting the 250 Fint, uses a RALINK type of wireless dongle (6 quid on ebay!!) the box is then wireless, ccam oscam etc, HD, recordable and media player, got the Edison Argus combi up and running also, great box if you can get yer hands on one, but the Ferguson Ariva 250 seems to be the box for Irish users, at about 110 euros including del, its a steal!
hi mickah,, i also have the edision mini argus up and running,did you get the ariva 150 or 250 and hows the wireless wifi, i'm getting a another box for the bedroom and this seems to fit the bill perfect especially with the wireless wifi dongle, cheers reaper180
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
23. August 2012 @ 11:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hope to this weekend or monday, have the dongle on order, how you getting on with the Edison? a great box with the lastest firmware on it for CCAM/oscam etc and I think think youtube, Rss feeds etc.

When I get the box up and running will put a guide together. but they are straight forward
_
23. August 2012 @ 11:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
edison farely good, got about 2 years ago for rte and free to air and only lately found out how good it is (you know what i mean),the firmware on it is old from aug 2011,i have rss feeds and weather feeds but no youtube,like to know how you get on with the ariva
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
23. August 2012 @ 14:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah no probs will post a review once up and running. Took me a while to get the right firmware for the edison, works a charm,
_
23. August 2012 @ 14:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by MICKAH:
Originally posted by baxtard:
was it this way - TOOLS, LOCAL NETWORK SETTINGS, (RED) button to access the ccams menu?

Yeah the editor can be a pain alrite, but at least you have one for it and there is a tool also if you brick it from Ferguson also, to reflash the eprom
yeah, you are bang on. was looking at it for ages before i realized i had to press the red button.
_
23. August 2012 @ 18:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
lol, i got channel list, irish, entertainment,kids,movies,sport,news,discovery, maybe one or 2 more.. but basically what i need m8.. sorry i dont be on much to keep up to date with things guys..
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
24. August 2012 @ 04:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Pudz, upload it or send it to me and I will upload it into my sig for those who want it or I can add it to a download for those who want it,
_
24. August 2012 @ 07:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
if you could make it available pudz, i'd be sorted. this is proving quite painful. i seem to have for example two or three itv 1 channels, only one of which works, and i have to have the right one for the channel editor... it means cross referencing back and forth several times for each channel. hard to explain, but suffice to say my head is getting wrecked.
_
25. August 2012 @ 09:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
mick, emailed you file for channel list, any problem let me no m8
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
25. August 2012 @ 11:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Below is the Chan file for the Ariva 150 box,

https://hotfile.com/dl/168921531/8616ce4/DumpFile.abs.html

This file is the from Pudzy - you will need to rescan the DTT chans as this wont work for you
_
27. August 2012 @ 17:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
nice one guys.

got that file, gave me a good help.
galwiz
_
28. August 2012 @ 17:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi mate ,
i was just reading you had a channel dump for the 250 , could i please get it off u my heart is broke trying to sort the channels

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. August 2012 @ 17:20

AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
29. August 2012 @ 05:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Chan files only work with the relevent firmware, meaning, I done a chan dump for a 250 using firmware 1234 and you are using abcd, it wont work,

check my sig below for chan editor

http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/downl...mbo/Editor.zip/

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. August 2012 @ 05:34

_
29. August 2012 @ 18:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi guys, just wondering anyone have any problem with glitching on this ariva 150 box.. i just notice bit of freezing, missus said it often goes like that,,, thing is it is same with free to air channels ...strange on... and dreambox worked perfect for a hour, so may be some thing i need to do with this box
_
29. August 2012 @ 18:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That's interesting pudz.it's not jus me either then.am experiencing the same thing. Dreambox worked perfectly but it's as if the networking side of the ariva just isn't quite a quick at picking up the info.ifn using my internet it gets worse. Find it seems to improve by rebooting the box.hopefully it's some setting we a are overlooking
_
29. August 2012 @ 18:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Forgot to add, it seems okay on free to air channels, although out does do it withmy rte channels, but that may be because I'm receiving them through the satellite rather than dvb.
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
30. August 2012 @ 12:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
it could be the firmware, its a fairly new box and you will see updates happening as time passes with them, i had trouble with the 250 and the wireless dongle and it seems to be fixed now, still finding my feet with it, got a chan file for it and its OK, so am gonna scan the box and create my own with proper favs and layout etc, may take me a few hours work but will do it and have it perfect.

Have the CCAM working and so far, apart from the dongle issue, its been grand!
_
31. August 2012 @ 21:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok, updated firmware on box, seems to be running ok now, well kids said no freezing today,,, i have good luck tomorrow, while missus cutting the grass
_
1. September 2012 @ 04:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by pudzyryan:
ok, updated firmware on box, seems to be running ok now, well kids said no freezing today,,, i have good luck tomorrow, while missus cutting the grass
Lol, You have her well trained.

Let us know if it has improved.
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
3. September 2012 @ 06:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
her grass cutting or the box?

ha ha

EDIT - Anyone try the wireless dongle yet? (the 6 euro one, not the 25 euro one from Feruguson) I have, works well, but this is my only gripe, you need to manually connect the box each time, meaning, the box picks up your wireless, but dont auto connect as far as I can see, other than that its good, streamed youtube and works well

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. September 2012 @ 06:22

_
3. September 2012 @ 06:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok, no change here, still freezing, i had to revert back to the dreambox.. stuck ariva in kids room.. i cant contact supplier, cause i have modified the box...
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
3. September 2012 @ 06:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
can you flash the original firmware back to it?

afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - uk & europe > ariva 150 combi

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork