User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 03:35
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - uk & europe > ariva 150 combi
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Ariva 150 combi
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
3. September 2012 @ 06:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That's a balls pudz. Mine does it too, but if I power it off and back on, it'll be fine again for ages. It's usually when I turn on the TV at first in the evening that it's glitchy, the box having been left on since the evening before.

I'm using the firmware that Micah mentioned earlier in this thread.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. September 2012 @ 07:00

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
3. September 2012 @ 08:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
if yours is doing this also, its got to be the firmware and could be a glitch in it, maybe the next release will address it
_
3. September 2012 @ 23:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'll wait a while before purchasing, maybe dreambox is safer for the minute. But this arriva is very promising all the same.
_
4. September 2012 @ 03:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I can put up with the glitching for now. The positives of the ariva outweigh the negatives. hd is great, and the timer record facility works well. The big advantage for me is I found with the dreambox, that the picture quality deteriorated a lot if you used both av outputs at the same time, maybe it just depends on which clone you have, but no problems with the ariva. Can send the AV to a TV in a different part of the house, and use remote control app on the phone to change the channel.
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
4. September 2012 @ 04:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Go for the 250 version, faster processor, but the wireless for me is a slight bit hit n miss, have another dongle on the way so may fix it
_
9. September 2012 @ 16:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok update on this ariva 150 combi... anyone that has updated the firmware, like myself and have now notice lot of freezing... do a factory setting reset... all that you will lose is your channel list... since i did factory reset, i have not got freezing since...
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
10. September 2012 @ 03:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Pudz you getting that on FTA chans also? Or on others? What you getting freezing, scrambled chan or no signal or all?
_
10. September 2012 @ 04:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
good tip pudz. I'll try that later. Mine has been getting worse for some reason. ie; have to reboot more often.

At mickah; in my case, it shows scrambled on pay channels. could freeze for maybe 5 secs and come back again. This happens every 4 or 5 mins.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. September 2012 @ 04:49

AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
10. September 2012 @ 05:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah I hear ya, have seen that and a few others reporting the same, gonna do a full factory rest and throw a chan file back on and see if this cures it,
_
10. September 2012 @ 17:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
m8, got it on premium channels,, but have noticed it on bbc HD also..
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
11. September 2012 @ 04:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I fact reset the 250 and it seems to have cured the little glitching, only time will tell if it works long term,
_
11. September 2012 @ 08:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah did factory reset and even found a newer version of firmware, but still glitching a bit.
_
11. September 2012 @ 17:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
m8,, i was using version 1.19 , now im on 1.18 working A1 still.
_
13. September 2012 @ 15:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
okay, that's interesting.

i was on version 18, saw that there was a 19, updated to it, and then did the factory reset. i might just go back to 18 and do the reset for the crack.
haven't looked at it the last couple of days, but since i turned it on this evening, it seems okay.

thanks for the info.
_
13. September 2012 @ 16:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok, i did get bit of glitching last night, so i contacted a supplier and few people,, seems there is a problem with c:lines using this box.. as a guy sent me N:LINE been testing it since im in from work, 100% better, cant recall any glitching.... so baxtard think we need to go use N:line seems we learning alot on this this box... ok what box next, to test. haha only kidding
_
14. September 2012 @ 10:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
haha, i'm with you on that. i get more of a kick out of getting them to work than actually using them to watch tv if you know what i mean.

so to go from a c:line to an n:line, must do a bit of googling on that. would it just be some simple editing for my line provider...
_
14. September 2012 @ 11:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes instead of in putting c:line , its N:line that goes in box.. my box working perfect since yesterday m8...
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
15. September 2012 @ 10:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
did you supplier give you a N line or did you change a C line ureself to N?
_
15. September 2012 @ 11:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
did get a test line, fist.. very good since m8... anyone that buys this box... will only work with N:LINE top class box for the money.. i would recomend it. so i quess i finally have mastered it...
_
17. September 2012 @ 17:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
so pudzy, it works on newcamd but not cccam?
_
17. September 2012 @ 18:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes m8.. 4 days now no freeze... perfect.. instead of c:line make yourself a N:line.
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
18. September 2012 @ 04:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have tried various different Cline's and Nline in the ariva 250 and have to say, glitching, scrambling etc, there is a problem with these boxs, perhaps it's the firmware, but others are having issues with it, tried direct line in, wireless, homeplugs, same thing, freezin and glitching on every thing I put on it, I did find the glitching starts when the box heated up. These are lines from good sources and others use them on their boxs, Edison's, Blades etc and not one report of any issues or glitching.

Last night tried another N Line, this seemed to be a bit more stable, but again it scrambled chans every now and again, but again, its hit and miss,it runs fine for an hour and then starts scrambling on and off then runs fine for another hour or two. Like I said others with this box have reported the same glitching, this is on the Ariva 250, the guys are using a 150, very similar box
_
18. September 2012 @ 17:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
lol, best thing so is stay awawy from the 250 ariva box... well i guess we learned alot along the way...
_
18. September 2012 @ 19:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So the Arriva 250 still isn't 100% even with the nline but the 150 works perfect with the nline. I'd say it won't be long before the 250 begins to work properly. A great discussion here anyway and sure to help a load of folk. The 150 looks more appealing at the min!!!
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
18. September 2012 @ 19:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok round fecking 5 with this box, N Line on it, been working since last night and it is stable, now, what I did find is this box has the ability to over heat, i found this out the hard way, i have a WDTV player (small media player) which I had sitting on top of the ariva box, when this got warm, the Ariva got very warm, the actual case was roasting, which in turn was prob heating the chip up in the box, I remember Dreamboxs had this issue, the older ones with no fans and the starviews (heat sink), which coupled with the Ariva's allergic reaction to a cline, made it hop and jump, scramble etc, so what I found that once removed from the top of the box, the glitching started to stop and voila, its working now, glitch free, the N Line is suited to these boxs, not sure if its firmware thats causing this issue with clines and making the boxs react, but as of the last few 12 hours this is running stable!

EDIT 19/9 - Box has been running stable now for 24 hrs solid on a N-Line, no glitching, freezing or scrambled chans, as i said above the box is now freestanding nothing on it as the overheating was part of the problem........

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. September 2012 @ 06:22

afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - uk & europe > ariva 150 combi

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork