User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 20:00
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > safety valve > regarding thread titles
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Regarding Thread Titles
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
13. July 2009 @ 14:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sorry i really didnt think about that
Advertisement
_
__
gogings
_
10. September 2009 @ 07:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanks creaky...now I know...my apology..
bbbhhh
Suspended permanently
_
6. October 2009 @ 08:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
zerox1
_
27. October 2009 @ 23:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i didn,t realise the title was an issue.

i posted for help, to findout if others were doing the same thing.

i have no clue if it,ll work, just wondering if someone did this before.
cummo13
_
26. November 2009 @ 15:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok thanks.
jr_ual
_
26. December 2009 @ 22:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I could understand ur the king of it all but this link u send people to is still no help, so if u take the time to close people's problems at least get them some help so they can learn as they go along, instead of shutting people up who are asking for help.Normally if u need help ur suppose to ask for it and not beat around the bush. But again thanks for nothing.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. December 2009 @ 06:25

scum101
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
29. December 2009 @ 11:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
another one who can't read.. or be bothered reading.. or something equally incoherent..

why do things like yours get closed.. the link to this thread explains it clearly and from a staff member no less... well he was.. dunno about now.. Hey Mr Fiscus.. still staff or what?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. December 2009 @ 11:33

ddp
_
29. December 2009 @ 20:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
this link is what he is complaining about. http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-44/ts_downloading-824491/
jr_ual
_
30. December 2009 @ 00:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You know I thought there were smart enough people in here so you could get help with a simple problem but when you got to shut people down, then I hate to say you suck.The other thing is the link does not say anything about not asking for help so maybe you should look at that again, well any again thanks for nothing.I didn't come on here to piss anyone off I simply asked for help with something that you rather worry about some stupid title rather than just helping someone, so if you lose your job over that then that's your own fault.I rather you just disregard me even getting on afterdawn so you don't have to cry no more.

2 product reviews
_
30. December 2009 @ 00:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I dunno... I've been on, and off AD for.. a while now
and I tend to be attracted to help me titles for a few reasons, some better then others;

how stupid the msg might be
or i count how many people have the same question
and i used to create a proper thread for it...

I do however (and noticing it from numerous numerous forums) that this situation is getting quite out of hand, and not just in the way of n00b posters. this is not a msg directed at anyone in particular

PSP -> 2.60 TA-082 + 2.71 - 1.5 + 3.03 OE-A + OE-B + OE-C + 3.52 M33 - 3.40 OE-A + 3.52 M33-4 + 3.71 M33-4 + 4.01 M33-2 w/ 1.50 k = dropped 1ft and lost my PSP permanently

Hardstyle or No Style baby. w000
-DJ The Chemist
AfterDawn Addict
_
30. December 2009 @ 02:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have to admit I was always attracted to the 'help me' threads too, but they help no one else who does a search for the same issue.

So its best not too answer them, or at least direct them to this thread or the forum rules at best.

Most people should read forum rules when joining, but sad to say, that most don't.

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
delilah09
_
9. January 2010 @ 23:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I would just like to apologize to you and to whoever else I offended. I was unaware of that rule and am sorry for being rude. I promise that it will never happen again. Have a good day
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
6. April 2010 @ 14:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Has AD always been like this http://www.afterdawn.com/tech_support/an...olmes_wont_copy ,since the new layout is here the posts are not limited to the base of the home page like it was before so i'm seeing more posts from the forums like the one linked to on the home page,here's someone wanting help & that's it no other info..lol..to be honest it's starting to make me boil when ya get morons who think we're all mind readers

_
6. April 2010 @ 14:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've no idea what to do with that, haven't seen that section of the site before. I think i saw a comment from dRD about it the other day, i have a feeling it's a section only the Admins can access at the moment. Good job really, going by the link you posted :)

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
6. April 2010 @ 20:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
While i'm here how did the anonymous posting come about,would'a thought that privelage would only be open to those who reach addict or higher,can understand it if certain members are being stalked..lol..

ddp
_
6. April 2010 @ 22:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
admin's idea. anonymous posters can only post in news section & tech support. don't like that idea because of spammers.
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
7. April 2010 @ 03:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
admin's idea. anonymous posters can only post in news section & tech support. don't like that idea because of spammers.

Agreed

"The flimsier the product,the higher the price"
Ferengi 82nd rule of aqusition

Paula_X
Suspended permanently
_
7. April 2010 @ 12:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
just trying to script the bots to take advantage of it now.. ;) new signup is easier than the old one as well.. not as many blocked bad spam email domains as there were.

not going to let them post actual spam.. jut a post saying "spam" will no doubt make the point.. it is a pretty good idea sometimes having a honeypot black hole to catch heaps of bots, but proper spammers will always register to post so they can post everywhere, I built my spamlist of types of bot name from a similar spamtrap a long time back XD
ddp
_
7. April 2010 @ 18:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you naughty girl. hope i'm not on the list.
Paula_X
Suspended permanently
_
8. April 2010 @ 03:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I like to test in harmless ways, I never publish my custom scripts and no.. don't have your email.. not yet anyway :)
RipStack
_
27. June 2010 @ 15:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If I want to get my thread back do I need to PM you about it or can I post it again under a different title?

If quizzes are quizzical, then what are tests?
_
27. June 2010 @ 15:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Being as you're here now, just fix the thread title and post back here and it'll be reopened.

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
Advertisement
_
__

_
RipStack
_
27. June 2010 @ 16:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Changed it.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-120/...assword-856526/

I hope it's good enough. It's kinda long lol and I didn't want to make it super long.

If quizzes are quizzical, then what are tests?

afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > safety valve > regarding thread titles

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork