User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 16:38
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > safety valve > regarding thread titles
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Regarding Thread Titles
  Jump to:

Posted Message

1 product review
_
11. March 2008 @ 11:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
"Friendship is like pissing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth."

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
12. March 2008 @ 10:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
man i didnt know we got so DEEP in the saftey valve...lol

"life is like a box of chocolates"

lmao sorry i couldnt resist
Staff Member

2 product reviews
_
12. March 2008 @ 13:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
"Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

-Homer

as in Simpson ;-)

Rich Fiscus
@Vurbal on Twitter
AfterDawn Staff Writer
Ksan01
_
19. April 2008 @ 03:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well i for one do not agree with this rule but I will follow it. i really like Afterdawn and the people here, they have always helped me when I had a problem, and i have always tried to be very polite and always say thank you. very good information on this website by very samrt people.

the thing I do not get is, it is a thread asking for help, so i always though saying i need help was a good title, should it be said like playstation does not work online need help? or just playstation does not work on line and ask for help inside the thread? anyway i don't want to break the rules because i like it here, sorry i did not know about this one or I would have put something other than need help and thanks for the link to the rules
_
19. April 2008 @ 04:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Look at at this way - how would you feel seeing 300 replies in your inbox feebly saying just "help", never mind trying to sift thru a forum full of just "help". It's beyond pointless. The key is to help others help yourself, but if someone can't be bothered to offer a clue as to what's inside the thread, why should others bother to even open the thread.
Also, for the people that really need the help, ie the people that would (hopefully) search the forums for an answer, how are they supposed to search for things when all that's on offer are pages of meaningless "help"..

Common sense really..

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. April 2008 @ 04:52

ste1987
_
30. May 2008 @ 15:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i did descibe as much as i possibly could about the problem i was having, if i new more on the subject i wouldnt need 2 be on this unhelpfull stupid forum askin 4 help WOULD I? so the rules that have recently been set up are quite ridiculous, i can understand to a certain degree to those that arent realy trying to explain and put effort into askin for help, but surely you would be able to see just by looking, who these people are and that i arent one of them. ps please help help help help me go on help me lol oh no it doesnt matter i fixed it on my own! good look 2 you newbies on here who need help!!!!!!!!! because u wont get it lol but ill just go on and join a helpful forum thanks ste

s millward
ddp
_
30. May 2008 @ 16:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
not our fault you didn't read the forum rules like you are supposed to.
7. Describe your problem specifically -- including the thread topic, because this helps people who are willing to answer to you.
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
30. May 2008 @ 18:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! NO LIGHTNING???????

lol
sorry ddp i know off topic. how ya doing?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 30. May 2008 @ 19:45

ddp
_
30. May 2008 @ 21:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i'm alright & you?
larryb153
_
19. June 2008 @ 07:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. June 2008 @ 07:22

1 product review
_
19. June 2008 @ 07:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No probelm Larry....if you read the first post on the first page of this thread you should go far in creating threads at afterdawn. Happy surfing.

radar420
Suspended permanently
_
19. July 2008 @ 15:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by creaky:
/me is going to borrow a leaf out of vurbal's book as i spend far too much time correcting silly thread titles myself

ya thanks for closing my thread u edited by ddp if my title is against the rules u can tell me like u just did but y would u close the thread u edited by ddp if i can change the title myself and keep the thread going now i gotta write out a whole new thread thanks to u

u think i like being here waiting for answers to get my psp fully working again ur a edited by ddp im not a edited by ddp nerd edited by ddp like u i dont no how this dumb edited by ddp works all i want is my edited by ddp psp fixed n maybe it would be by now if u didnt close my edited by ddp thread... if u left a simple edited by ddp message saying "change your thread title" i wouldnt be here bitching at u right now

i leave tomorrow morning to edited by ddp farmlands for a few weeks to work... no computer or nothing for a week the edited by ddp least 1 wanted to bring is this edited by ddp psp but nooooooooooooooo its edited by ddp broken

now im making a edited by ddp thread with the same title u delete it i edited by ddp put cyanide in ur favorite meal arite gtfo let a noob be edited by ddp helped u got it?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. July 2008 @ 15:08

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
19. July 2008 @ 15:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dang can i have the power for a quick one time ban....lol

ddp
_
19. July 2008 @ 15:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
radar420, lightning struck!!!! post edited.

rob, nope as is all mine!!!
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
19. July 2008 @ 15:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
There's the lightning...i was waiting for it.

Nice editing job buddy, it make the post more colorful. :)

ddp
_
19. July 2008 @ 15:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
7th, not enough color, need some yellow & purple in there i think.
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
19. July 2008 @ 15:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
some people just dont get it.....i crack up at stuff like that.... you can disagree with some even have a shouting match but damn,,,that was way out in left feild somewhere...rotflmfao...

Quote:
again ur a edited by ddp im not a edited by ddp nerd edited by ddp
i think theres a song in that some where....lmao

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. July 2008 @ 15:35

AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
19. July 2008 @ 15:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I agree ddp...maybe some light pastels to offset the black on red ensemble. :)

@rob
i agree man, it's funny in a really sad kind of way. That guy/girl has other issues than a few closed threads methinks.

Kynethra
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
20. July 2008 @ 20:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i just had my thread closed after asking about custom firmware. i admit that i am a firmware noob hence the question. i didnt think that my thread title was against any rules until i was directed to them by creaky. i am half tempted to give my question another shot. now i know about this will use it to my advantage.

as you wish
varnull
Suspended permanently
_
20. July 2008 @ 21:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That is what titles are for... I don't think a library would be a very useful place if every book was brown and called "some pages with words" and written by "a.person"

Though in the case of Ludlum books it would help.. "A large collection of pages with lots and lots of words" or "not for the easily bored"

Eramek
_
27. July 2008 @ 19:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I see now that it was unintelligible to make my thread title "Please Help." I should have know that, mainly because in the past I would become angry at people who did that on my old forum. I, however, do think the thread title has to have some indication of "assistance needed." Would making the thread title, for example, Animal Crossing AR Problem be alright?
varnull
Suspended permanently
_
27. July 2008 @ 19:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AR? guess action replay?? yeah.. much better..

You might still get the .. "duh I ar hidingz" quips, but in the right place (and after having a search first) it should get a solution within a couple of answers.

It always tickles me that people think that by just bleating "help me" they will get help. They should try the linux mailing lists and bugtrackers with an approach like that ;) Damn.. those guys even want your blood group and shoe size XD (AB+ and 8 for anybody interested)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. July 2008 @ 19:34

ddp
_
27. July 2008 @ 19:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Eramek, that is what happens when you don't read or follow the forum rules.
7. Describe your problem specifically -- including the thread topic, because this helps people who are willing to answer to you.
Eramek
_
30. July 2008 @ 14:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yea I know. I was so eager to get into the forum and start posting that I almost forgot that there are always rules :)
Advertisement
_
__

_
ddp
_
30. July 2008 @ 14:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
& that is why you got jumped on.

afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > safety valve > regarding thread titles

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork