User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 09:36
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - games > tes oblivion graphics help
Show topics

Forums
Forums
TES Oblivion Graphics help
  Jump to:

Posted Message
graffik
_
30. September 2007 @ 10:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dap100:
Alright, i defragged, played with some video settings, and even tweaked .ini a little; but it still crashes. Less that before, but still crashes. Also have horrible FPS on medium video settings. On top of all of that, I spent 3 hours making mods that don't work... Game is really starting to get annoying... (Don't know why it posted previous post 3 times)
try disabling any and all addons try without it see if it works if not you may need to upgrade.

however stop applications you do not need running while playing to save memory and save the oblivion same useing the same memory locations. like a browser window may use same meory location or something or programs in active memory
Advertisement
_
__
dap100
_
30. September 2007 @ 12:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It still crashes. When I was using an enchanted weapon it paralyzed them and made it crash...
graffik
_
30. September 2007 @ 13:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dap100:
It still crashes. When I was using an enchanted weapon it paralyzed them and made it crash...
Like the doctors used to reply to people
"Hey Doc it hurts when i raise my arm over my head" Doctor "Then don't raise it"

on serious side here is a website with user defined bug fixes (may require logging on to download just use free method)
OBLIVION MOD DATASE
graffik
_
30. September 2007 @ 13:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry the link won't link that way just copy and paste the following line

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/Vi...ory_select_id=9

see if there is mod fixes directly for your issues
graffik
_
30. September 2007 @ 13:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ahh should just type all in 1 message doh last messae updating to the newest "SHIVERING ISLES" addon can update oblivion to its newest update and may fix old gfx issues
vompattti
_
30. October 2007 @ 02:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello, I've been playing Oblivion a long time, but now I've got a problem: My graphic settings wont change. When I start Oblivion, they are always the same. I can change them in-game, but when I quit and re-start they are back same.

All the (permanent) changes I can make are in the Launcher screen Options: Resolution, HDR, Antialiasing etc. Texture size I can't change at all, since it can't be changed but in-game and still requires re-start.

I believe the problem might be that when I press "Reset Settings to Default" in the Launcher Options screen it tells me this: "Video hardware unrecognized. Settings for medium quality."

The problem is, I want Ultra-High. There used to be the buttons in the low part of the Launcher Options menu, for different qualities, but there isn't.

Is there an ini setting to change the Texture size? All else I can manage in-game, but the texture size doesn't change there, and I don't want to play with crappy Medium Texture Details.

Thanks for help.

- Fac ut vivas - [AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4800+ | 4Gb DDR2 | NVidia GeForce 7950 GT | Asus M2N | 1TB | Windows Vista Premium 64]
Drugar
_
27. January 2008 @ 13:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Jizmak:
Open your oblivion.ini and set verticalLandBias to -1000.00.
(The ini located in My Documents\My Games\Oblivion is what you are looking for. The file located in your Oblivion game directory which is called Oblivion_default.ini is NOT what you want to edit.)

I've tried this solution for the purple ground issue (though the line in my .ini is 'fLODLandVerticalBias=-1000.0000'). I've checked the .ini provided in the second post of this thread, it also has it on -1000.0000 so I figure it's still the correct one.
However, all the ground is still purple, making me believe that maybe I entered 'LSD Addict' in the Custom Class name.

I've got an nVidia GeForce 8600GT 512MB. Also, I'm running it on Vista which may cause problems (and yes, I'm aware that asking resolution for a bug while running Vista is like asking for a cure for blindness while stabbing yourself in the eye, but it's worth a shot).
Example screenie: http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa298...ScreenShot1.jpg
Does anyone have an idea what the solution may be if the given one doesn't work? Thanks :)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. January 2008 @ 13:53

gttdi
_
16. April 2008 @ 12:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
try disabling any and all addons try without it see if it works if not you may need to upgrade.

however stop applications you do not need running while playing to save memory and save the oblivion same useing the same memory locations. like a browser window may use same meory location or something or programs in active memory
Advertisement
_
__

_
carapar
_
18. September 2008 @ 13:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hello i do not have a purple ground problem but a rare dullish ground problem and i can walk trough it. does anybody have a idea what i must do and by the way is there to a way to solve this without disabling distand land because i like that it adds more realism to oblivion
this are my specs

nvidia geforce 8800 gs
intel core 2 quad
3.2 GHZ
4000 RAM
360 gigabyte hard disc space

afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - games > tes oblivion graphics help

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork