User User name Password  

Saturday 18.5.2024 / 20:50
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > user submitted guides > playing pal ps2 games on an ntsc ps2
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Playing PAL PS2 games on an NTSC PS2
  Jump to:

Posted Message
nrk4594
_
21. November 2004 @ 12:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just got Garield and it works. Here's how you do it:

1)Unarchive the winrar archive. You will be left with 2 files, cfn-gar.bin and cfn-gar.cue.

2)Run ps2_pal2ntsc_yfix.exe

3)Click Browse and select the cfn-gar.bin file.

4)Select a Y-Fix offset of 48 and have Make PN Selector unchecked.

5)Click Patch File

6)Run Burnatonce. It is a free download available here: http://62.253.162.11/burnatonce/42/bao0995.exe

7)Select File-->Load New Image and select the cfn-gar.cue file.

8)Select Write and burn to cd-r.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. November 2004 @ 15:24

Advertisement
_
__
g-funk
_
21. November 2004 @ 20:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just tried converting F1 2004 from PAL to NTSC. Everything seemed to work fine during ripping, patching and burning, but the game won't boot.

After the post about burnatonce, i'm a little suspicious of DVD decrypter's writing abilities. Is there a possibility that another program would work better? I've used Nero successfully for other games.
mieanna
_
21. November 2004 @ 22:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
HI I NEED HELP, i am new at this and i dl a game and it came in an .rar file...therefore i used win rar to extract it and it extract to an iso file, then i burned it with Nero to a dvd. the game works but skips a lot, it's hard to even play it!!! I see that you are all talking about patching i was wondering if i do that would that fix up the skips plz explain this to me and hopefully you can give me so help if that is not the case. thankyou so much for your time.
MrAmos
_
22. November 2004 @ 00:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
nrk4594

thats a negative bro
both patching programs adr_patcher0_5.zip & ps2_ntsc2pal_yfix.zip dont work for Metal_Gear_Solid_3_Snake_Eater_USA_PS2DVD-STRiKE
any other proggies u know of that maybe work

thanks for ur time fella
nrk4594
_
22. November 2004 @ 01:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
g-funk,

I'll get back to you on that game. I have it. I'll patch it later on today to see if it works for me.

mieanna,

Is the game in black and white? If the game is not in black and white and it skips a lot, it could mean that your using low quality dvd-r's or that you are burning at too high of a speed.

If the game displays black and white on your screen, then that means that the game is from another region and you should patch it. What country are you from?

MrAmos,
You might want to get a dms modchip. You wont need to patch anything. It has a feature to automatically convert the signal to/from NTSC and perform a Y-Fix.

mieanna
_
22. November 2004 @ 02:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
nrk 4594
i am burning it at 2x but the dvd-r is pretty cheap, that maybe why. No i don't see any black and white i guess i must of been confused with that. I thought patching was to fix errors...sowie bout that. I live in canada...does that make a difference with the pal/ntsc?? thxs so much i'll try a better quality dvd next time.
nrk4594
_
22. November 2004 @ 12:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The Following countries use the NTSC signal

Since you live in Canada, your tv uses the NTSC signal. It should state in the title of the torrent file whether it is PAL or not. You only need to patch games that are in PAL. Some PAL games, however, have an option of displaying the NTSC signal. It depends on the game.

If I were you, I would stick with TDK or Verbatim dvd-r discs. They have never given me any problems.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. November 2004 @ 12:58

Titof301
_
22. November 2004 @ 15:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok nrk, so i supposed that my game doesn't work like these you put in your first post

thanks for all the help
TheKidd30
_
22. November 2004 @ 15:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
When I use the ps2_pal program, I get a MDS file instead of an ISO, is there something I'm doing wrong
TheKidd30
_
22. November 2004 @ 15:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
When I use the ps2_pal program, I get a MDS file instead of an ISO, is there something I'm doing wrong
nrk4594
_
22. November 2004 @ 16:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Titof301,

Why don't you get the USA version? It's still seeded pretty well.

TheKidd30,

The program only supports iso/bin files. However, when you create the iso with DVD Decrypter, it will also create a .mds file. It is a cuesheet for the iso file. You can burn either the .mds or the .iso file after the game is patched.

mieanna
_
22. November 2004 @ 21:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
nr4594
sowie to bother you again, before i read your last msg i burnt need 4 speed underground and it was in PAL, so now i see black and white...guess i was meant to be in this forum...anyways i followed your instructions in the beginning of patching the iso to NTSC and everything went well and with a better quality dvd. instead of using dvd decriptor i used alcohol and burnt at 2x, but when i load the game it freezes right after the playstation logo and stays that way...wat should i do???
mieanna
_
22. November 2004 @ 22:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
also i see you mentioning about different modchip can actually have a setting to switch between NTSC and PAL. i dunno wat my modchip is but it is solder rite into my ps and i dun need a game shark to boot burnt games i just have to reset the ps2, do u know if i have the same modchip where you can switch the modes??? another question as well how would you know if the game that is downloaded if it is in PAL or NTSC if it doesn't give the info in the title??? thxs for your time^^
nrk4594
_
23. November 2004 @ 12:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Some games don't work with the patcher. You can try the adr patcher that I talked about eariler.

As far as your modchip, did buy your's pre-modded, or did you modify it yourself? Where did you get it? It could be one of several, I'm not sure.

You can put your game into your dvd drive. Look for an slus or sles file. SLUS will be a USA release and SLES will be a PAL release. If you have downloaded the game and you don't want to burn the disc just to tell if it's PAL or not, just extract the iso (or bin/cue files) from the winrar archive and use isobuster to look at the files contained in the image.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. November 2004 @ 12:07

Titof301
_
23. November 2004 @ 16:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes the NTSC version but... it's because i'm a quebecois, so i prefered to have the game in french because it's more easy for me to understand the games but, having the game in english is better than not lol

yeah i'm gonna take it, they seem to be good again like you said
nrk4594
_
24. November 2004 @ 15:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can buy a multistandard tv. For more info, check out this thread.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/106197

rx78
_
25. November 2004 @ 21:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi everyone,

I'm trying to make my PAL WRC04 playable in my NTSC US PSTwo with Crystal-chip mod....

after I search everywhere, it just so confuse to me now @_@ and I try most method and spent 10 disks so far ... no success @_@

I just want ask this way .... with the Hardware I have right now... is there a "easy" way I can just simplely put a disk in and make it work?? ....('cause I know the Disc is okie, I heard the music just no screen)

thx :-)
rx78
_
26. November 2004 @ 01:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
after another few hours searching and found there is new F/W for CC1.0 ... then update it ...

all problem solved. put my original WRC04 game in, turn it on all good :D

finally can play that game :D:D and I was sitting in front of TV for a while ^^;;

well only problem is I need fix the screen center problem .... anyway that's it :)
dewsphere
_
26. November 2004 @ 15:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
has anyone tried this with the Prince of persia warrior within game? i did the default one using jayteemaster PAL to NTSC fix but the game is really off. like 15% black screen on the bottom. which y fix do i choose?
nrk4594
_
26. November 2004 @ 17:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is this a download or purchase?

dewsphere
_
26. November 2004 @ 20:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
it was purchased but i used the backup. i was able to fix both copies by using the ingame screen adjust. thanks anyway
majio
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
27. November 2004 @ 09:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey, I am having similar problems with prince of persia warrior within. I tried using the ingame screen adjust(there is an option in the display options of the game), but there still is like an inch offset from top to bottom. What should I change the y-offset to? and can i apply the patch to the iso that has already been patched? Thanks in advance for any help.
jblue
_
27. November 2004 @ 10:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can anyone help me, I have a problem with WWE Smackdown and Raw. I patch the game with adr patch then load it to my HDD using WinHiip use HD Advance with mode 3 the screen still roll.

I then try patch it with PS2 PAL 2 NTSC same HD Advance with all 3 modes tried it just gave me a blank screen.

Please help
nrk4594
_
27. November 2004 @ 10:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
majio,

Did you use a y-fix offset of 48?

Advertisement
_
__

_
majio
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
27. November 2004 @ 10:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes

Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > user submitted guides > playing pal ps2 games on an ntsc ps2

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork