User User name Password  

Saturday 18.5.2024 / 19:44
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > user submitted guides > playing pal ps2 games on an ntsc ps2
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Playing PAL PS2 games on an NTSC PS2
  Jump to:

Posted Message
nrk4594
_
27. November 2004 @ 17:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
48 is as close as you can get. You'll never get the whole picture because the PAL signal has more lines of resolution.

Most games there isn't much to complain about. Then there are some where even a little cut off ruins the game, like 4 player split screen games.

You might want to buy a multistandard tv that accepts the PAL and NTSC signal.

Advertisement
_
__
jblue
_
27. November 2004 @ 22:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I also use 48 y-fix offset
hampage
_
28. November 2004 @ 06:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, I am a little confused... The PAL/NTSC will cause the games not to run in PS2 or will just make image problems? Cause some games I burned from the internet were PAL and didn't play in my PS2... that red screen with insert a valid PS2 game appear... so I don't know if my PS2 is NTSC... cause the game I burned is PAL... how can I check if my PS2 is NTSC?? thanks.
nrk4594
_
28. November 2004 @ 16:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If the game is from a different region, the game will be displayed in black and white and it will be off center.

If you live in one of these countries, your ps2 is NTSC

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. November 2004 @ 16:11

hampage
_
28. November 2004 @ 16:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So the game should play, even if using a diferent format... and how could I check if it's NTSC looking at the console, is there a way??
andrew31
_
29. November 2004 @ 08:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi i tryed the NTSC to PAL on call of duty (ps2) says its done it but then says file to big

andy
recca-kun
_
29. November 2004 @ 18:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It wont WORK!
OK i backuped need for speed underground 2 and i have tried to make it work twice scrapping two disks. First the game worked fine but it wasnt in color and then when i did that patch for PAL to NTSC and burned the iso it didnt work. just these two blue lines apperead and when i hit the reset button it just shut off. my ps2 is not damaged at all but can you "nrk" or ne one help me out?
I was also thinking of using rw dvd disks to try games before i burn them so i dont waste as much money. Can you also tell me if i could use them?
bossplaya
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
29. November 2004 @ 20:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
recca kun I would suggest just using the USA NTSC version of NFSU2. That way you don't need to patch it. Also did you download the game or make a backup copy from the original disc??
hampage
_
30. November 2004 @ 00:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, but the problem here was different... when I tried do play the downloaded iso of underground 2 PAL my PS2 gave me that RED SONY SCREEEN "please insert a valid PS2 disc"... is it possible that this screen appeared because I burned PAL or this is due to a bad burned disc or incorrect made ISO?
nrk4594
_
30. November 2004 @ 04:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
recca-kun,

Try using the adr patcher mentioned in the first page of this topic. Stick with dvd-r as they will work with all systems. DVD+R only works on ps2 v5+.

hampage,

What modchip did you install in your ps2?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 30. November 2004 @ 04:57

hampage
_
30. November 2004 @ 11:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
MARS II
nrk4594
_
30. November 2004 @ 13:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Did you burn at 1x to high quality media (tdk, verbatim)?

Which release is it, DNL or Lightforce?

Why don't you get the usa release? It still has a lot of seeders.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 30. November 2004 @ 13:55

recca-kun
_
30. November 2004 @ 14:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
still lost

Yes i did download a back up copy of the game and my question about rw disks wastn answered and i was still wondering what i can do know. And also my need for speed 2 iso file must be ruined now cuase when i burned it, it wouldnt work at all as i said before only showing two blue verticle lines
recca-kun
_
30. November 2004 @ 14:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
never mind
ok i think i understand now that i should get r- disks instead. sorry.
so nrk do u think if i use a rw r- disk that it will work?
nrk4594
_
30. November 2004 @ 17:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've never used dvd+rw or dvd-rw. I have used dvd+r and dvd-r and they work fine. My ps2 is v9 and is compatible with dvd+r media, anything below a v4 wont work with dvd+r media. Reading through the forums, not a lot of people have had success with dvd+rw or dvd-rw media. Your best bet is to stick to dvd-r. TDK dvd-r's have been the most reliable for me.

It might turn out that NFSU2 is not compatible with the PAL to NTSC program. Try getting the USA Version.

g-funk
_
1. December 2004 @ 00:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nrk, did you ever try to patch your copy of F1 '04?

By the way, thanks for all your effort in this thread. I think I'd go crazy trying to make sense of some of these people's typing.
:D
nrk4594
_
1. December 2004 @ 04:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry, I've been lazy, I'll do it now while I have the time.

nrk4594
_
1. December 2004 @ 04:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I thought it was successful because of this screen.

However, the game doesn't boot.

nrk4594
_
1. December 2004 @ 04:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just tried to patch it with adr patcher and that doesn't work either.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. December 2004 @ 04:54

toyfigure
_
1. December 2004 @ 06:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Tried to convert "V8 Supercar" from PAL to NTSC using the patch listed on the first page (I'm using the latest version of DVD Decrypter and it would only read/write MDS files) but my V10 PS2 (with Matrix mod) won't boot it (just a blank screen after the Matrix Infinity logo screen).

I have one question, where is the patched files located (because the patch program doesn't tell you), are they being written over the original ISO files?

Thanks for any help.

nrk4594
_
1. December 2004 @ 12:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You could try making and burning the iso with Alcohol 120%.

The program overwrites the iso file.

recca-kun
_
1. December 2004 @ 17:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Tomorrow my friend is letting me copy his san adreas original game"not copy". Is there any thing i have to do. like do i ahve to make it an iso file first or can i just copy it with the files on the disk
nrk4594
_
1. December 2004 @ 17:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just copy it as you would a normal game. Make the iso, burn the iso.

With San Andreas, you will need to use Professional grade blank dvd media. Try Verbatim or TDK.

anth4207
_
1. December 2004 @ 20:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
nrk4594, i also tried the converter for NFSU2... it didn't work :(. Do u know where to find the NTSC version? It's weird that a lot of the bittorent sites only have the PAL version... what is up with that?

Im Ricchh. biatch
Advertisement
_
__

_
toyfigure
_
2. December 2004 @ 04:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Burned a copy with Alcohol 120% but it still won't boot, I just got a blank screen.

Do I really need to buy one of those PAL-NTSC converters for $50 so I can play 4 PAL games? :(

Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > user submitted guides > playing pal ps2 games on an ntsc ps2

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork