User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 02:15
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - software discussion > clonedvd 3 vs. clonedvd 2
Show topics

Forums
Forums
CloneDVD 3 vs. CloneDVD 2
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
30. June 2006 @ 13:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'll say it again for the benefiit of anyone considerting CloneDVD 3 - CloneDVD 3 is a piece of crap trying to capitalize on the Elby's success. They want $99 dollars for it too. For $59 you can get the real CloneDVD along with AnyDVD plus world class support and lifetime updates for AnyDVD. It's pimped on a site that recommends another piece of crap, DVD Cloner, along with other supposed DVD copying tools that are nothing more than pay-for fancy front ends for freeware apps like DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink.

http://www.dvdxcopy-software.com/clone-dvd/

My killer sig came courtesy of bb "El Jefe" mayo.
The Forum Rules You Agreed To! http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
"And there we saw the giants, and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight" - Numbers 13:33

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 30. June 2006 @ 13:18

Advertisement
_
__
_
30. June 2006 @ 21:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
who said i paid for CloneDVD 3!

ticket for movies $20
cost internet per month $30
cost of movies on the internet $0
cost of fine if ever caught $dont want to know
_
30. June 2006 @ 22:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you read my post you'll see I didn't. I wouldn't even waste my time pirating it :P

"And there we saw the giants, and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight" - Numbers 13:33
_
1. July 2006 @ 02:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well i havent had problems with it until i made the mistake of installing windows vista beta 2 on here, which was so slow it made my amd seem like a c64!

ticket for movies $20
cost internet per month $30
cost of movies on the internet $0
cost of fine if ever caught $dont want to know
JoLanTru
_
14. January 2007 @ 18:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi, this is my first post at after dawn!! yay, helped me with soo many problems. This may be a little off topic but how much better is AnyDVD and CloneDVD used together than ripit4me,fix vts and DVD Decrypter then after using Nero premium 7 to compress it as well as burn it? Is there any advantage for me to buy AnyDVD & CloneDVD? and finally, can i substitute Nero premieum 7 with anything?

(I cant figure out how to get ride of this post)

Please, don?t interrupt me when I?m asking a rhetorical question.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. January 2007 @ 19:10

JoLanTru
_
14. January 2007 @ 18:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi, this is my first post at after dawn!! yay, helped me with soo many problems. This may be a little off topic but how much better is AnyDVD and CloneDVD used together than ripit4me,fix vts and DVD Decrypter then after using Nero premium 7 to compress it as well as burn my purchased dvd? Is there any advantage for me to buy and use AnyDVD & CloneDVD instead of using these other programs and finally, can i substitute Nero premieum 7 with anything from slysoft to make a back of of my purcahsed dvd?
P.S. I just figure
how to edit.

Please, don?t interrupt me when I?m asking a rhetorical question.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. January 2007 @ 18:47

AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
14. January 2007 @ 19:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@jolan

Edit your post u have double posted.

The difference using the combo fo AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2 is that its more smooth and is straight forward all though you have to pay for it.

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
tripplite
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
9. March 2008 @ 11:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
poor souls i can't believe you would fall forclonedvd3...such a pitty people do these things!!

WHY HASN'T ELABORATE BYTES GIVEN A WARNING TO IT'S CUSTOMERS

thanks for the warning will keep my eyes peeled!

rednroll
_
14. March 2008 @ 18:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by tripplite:
poor souls i can't believe you would fall forclonedvd3...such a pitty people do these things!!

WHY HASN'T ELABORATE BYTES GIVEN A WARNING TO IT'S CUSTOMERS

thanks for the warning will keep my eyes peeled!
I'm so past either of the CloneDVDs at this point. I recently tried CloneDVD 2 with AnyDVD. I still can't stand that user interface of Clone DVD. My new found glory is DVDFab. It has an elegant interface and the support is second to none. Usually, anytime I find I need to update because there's some new flavor of DVD copy protection out there, DVDFab already has an update. I also don't need two seperate programs installed. DVDFab has it ALL built into one nice an tidy elegant program and the quality is 2nd to none.

If the folks at Elaborate Bytes ever catch on that their user interface is awful and confusing, along with the dual program nightmare, then I might revisit CloneDVD in the future. For now DVDFAb has everything I need and are already supporting the next generation HD format discs. DVDFab=$50 with a lifetime update/upgrade policy.
_
14. March 2008 @ 18:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
If the folks at Elaborate Bytes ever catch on that their user interface is awful and confusing
First time I've ever heard that said. I find the interface is pleasant and am dumbfounded as to why it could be referred to as confusing. How in the world do you manage to get confused with the interface?

_
15. March 2008 @ 04:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Um, while I don't use AnyDVD, I do use CloneDVD2 (Elaborate Bytes, NOT that rip-off junk Clone DVD 3!) to produce my company's training discs. It has the easiest interface in the world and works like a charm and allows multiple burns with a single mouse click. If you cannot use CloneDVD2's interface, you are clinically retarded and should not be allowed near a computer. If any other program were half as straightforward as CloneDVD2's, everybody would be a technogeek.

I don't know about DVDFab and reserve judgement although most here who have tried it do seem to think it's the best or one of the best all-in-ones out there, if your thing is dealing with cpy protecton and shrinking. However, that doesn't mean CD2 is bad either.

-Do you believe you own your computer and shouldn't be told what you can run and do? Then say *NO* to Microsoft Vista!
-Since half the questions here involve media problems, here ya go: Only use Verbatim or Taiyo-Yuden discs (get your TYs from Rima.com, not Supermediastore or meritline). Forget the rest, no matter what "brand" they sell under. Always burn at 4x speed regardless of the speed rating of this discs or your drive. If you have burn problems with these then you have to update your drive's firmware. For double-layer discs, only use Verbatim DVD+R DL and burn them at 2.4x speed.
rednroll
_
17. March 2008 @ 14:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Dunker:
Um, while I don't use AnyDVD, I do use CloneDVD2 (Elaborate Bytes, NOT that rip-off junk Clone DVD 3!) to produce my company's training discs. It has the easiest interface in the world and works like a charm and allows multiple burns with a single mouse click. If you cannot use CloneDVD2's interface, you are clinically retarded and should not be allowed near a computer. If any other program were half as straightforward as CloneDVD2's, everybody would be a technogeek.

I don't know about DVDFab and reserve judgement although most here who have tried it do seem to think it's the best or one of the best all-in-ones out there, if your thing is dealing with cpy protecton and shrinking. However, that doesn't mean CD2 is bad either.
Well, you about nailed it on the head as to what makes CloneDVD's UI not so straight forward. I guess that would mean I'm not so "clinically retarded" then, since you where able to point out what's not so straight forward about CD2.

When I copy DVDs, I ONLY want the movie. I don't have a need for all the extras and all the commercials, and all the copy protection warnings. Additionally, I ONLY need the Dolby Digital AC3 5.1 {English)audio stream. With DVDFab I can easily just "uncheck" the audio streams that I don't want, like foreign languages, and Director commentary audio. If you remove all the Extra audio streams, and all the unwanted "extra" video segments, I can in most cases fit a DVD movie onto a standard DVD-5(single layer) format disc without ANY video compression. Or at least minimize the video compression needed to fit it onto a single layer DVD-5 DVD-R.

To be able to do that type of stuff in CloneDVD2 the user interface is very cumbersome as compared to the very simple UI in DVDFab, and was also simple to do in the CloneDVD3 "rip-off" program. The UI of CloneDVD2 is NOT straight forward to do that type of stuff....for me. It further seems like a kids program with the Cow eating popcorn logo all over the user interface. Get rid of the Cow eating popcorn logo animations and give me some tools that I can use on the front of the UI instead would be my preference.

Additionally, what I don't like about CloneDVD2 is that when you back up a movie to your HD, it puts it into it's own proprietary CloneDVD format. DVDFab puts it into a "standard" DVD folder format, which means I can actually open the Movie on my HD and play it back with most Media Players, like VLC. I'm not sure how to playback a movie with CloneDVD's non standard proprietary DVD image format.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. March 2008 @ 14:43

_
17. March 2008 @ 15:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you can't tell a cow from a sheep then no wonder you get confused with the interface.

rednroll
_
17. March 2008 @ 20:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Nephilim:
If you can't tell a cow from a sheep then no wonder you get confused with the interface.
Whatever!!! A "Sheep"....better yet. Follow them like a "Sheep" and be happy then. I guess some people like software with dancing sheep on the front of the GUI, and others like software with useful tools on the front of the GUI instead. Aint nobody getting "confused", just someone expressing that they don't particularly like the GUI since the tools I need in a DVD backup program is not on the front of the GUI like in other more useful DVD backup programs. Enjoy the Fox in "Any DVD" and the Sheep eating popcorn in CloneDVD and keep singing happily ever after Ee i ee i ooooo. I prefer to stray away from software made by Fisher Price.
_
18. March 2008 @ 02:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Fisher Price? You're arguments are getting really lame now. Personally if an app works all the time every time, like AnyDVD and CloneDVD do, I could give a rat crap what it looks like. If I want "pretty" I'll go to Best Buy and look at a Mac.

Also,

Quote:
I'm not sure how to playback a movie with CloneDVD's non standard proprietary DVD image format.
That's YOUR fault skippy, not CloneDVD's. CloneDVD outputs the files to either your DVD writer, an ISO file or the standard IFO/VOB file format that every DVD is made up of, your choice. The fact that you apparently don't realize that an ISO must be either burned or mounted to be viewed and wrongly assume that a standard ISO is a proprietary format doesn't make CloneDVD a bad app.

Here's another tip - if you don't like the sheep then click it and you can watch the original vs. compressed bitrates go by in real time which is much more interesting than the sheep.

_
18. March 2008 @ 08:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rednroll:
I prefer to stray away from software made by Fisher Price.
I personally can't see what you're making such a fuss over. I'll have you know i just paid cold hard cash for my latest Fisher Price DVD ripping software and the GUI is excellent, and it usually gets updated every couple of weeks

Well i fibbed slightly, i used paypal, as cold hard cash was what was used to buy Fisher Price stuff when i was a nipper back in the 60's due to no paypal back then.

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
rednroll
_
18. March 2008 @ 10:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Fisher Price? You're arguments are getting really lame now. Personally if an app works all the time every time, like AnyDVD and CloneDVD do, I could give a rat crap what it looks like. If I want "pretty" I'll go to Best Buy and look at a Mac.

....and how is that any different from me choosing to use DVDFab instead of CloneDVD? I stated I don't like the user interface of CloneDVD. Ever hear of different folks, different strokes? So what's your problem? Why, are you taking this so personal and getting so upset? It's an opinion and my opinion is that I don't like the GUI of CloneDVD. The tools that I use most frequently are not on the front of the GUI where I need them to be, but instead there is some stupid looking sheep taking up valuable screen space. So how is a sheep eating popcorn more useful to you than tools that you can use to back up a movie? I'm failing to see your argument.

That's YOUR fault skippy, not CloneDVD's. CloneDVD outputs the files to either your DVD writer, an ISO file or the standard IFO/VOB file format that every DVD is made up of, your choice. The fact that you apparently don't realize that an ISO must be either burned or mounted to be viewed and wrongly assume that a standard ISO is a proprietary format doesn't make CloneDVD a bad app.
Where did I ever say that I didn't realize that an ISO must be burned or mounted? I never even mentioned the ISO file format. I know what an ISO image file is....but I was specifically talking about CloneDVD's image file format, which is what it defaults to. Sorry, I can't recall the file extension off the top of my head since, I no longer have CloneDVD installed. Look, obviously you like putting words in my mouth that I didn't say and then you further resort to name calling. Obviously, trying to have a conversation with you, is like clapping with one hand and your maturity level rivals that of a 12 year old. This most likely explains why you enjoy the animated sheep on the front of the GUI instead of more useful tools. That's fine, enjoy. Like I said, different folks...different strokes. Someday when you grow up, maybe you should wander over to the website link below and try out a more useful program that caters to a more mature audience.
http://www.dvdfab.com/

Here's a picture of what you've been missing, all nicely laid out on a single screen with everything that you want to do, all within 1 mouse click away.

Oh, and I don't need to start 2 separate programs to do what I need to do either, plus I can rip a movie to portable devices also if I choose....all within the SAME GUI window.

Here's another tip - if you don't like the sheep then click it and you can watch the original vs. compressed bitrates go by in real time which is much more interesting than the sheep.
and yet once again, you miss the entire point. I want useful tools on the front of the GUI which allows me to select the DVD content that I wish to keep or select to eliminate. I don't need a sheep eating popcorn or to watch some bitrate display where neither have no use in backing up a DVD.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. March 2008 @ 11:14

_
18. March 2008 @ 10:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
rednroll - why do you insist on arguing, i haven't read all of your latest rant yet but it seems to me you're protesting too much, and for what i don't see...

edit- i personally can't comment on the wildlife as i don't use CloneDVD, i just make sure to subscribe to any CloneDVD threads if anybody's pushing the DVD Cloner scam versions on us (not you, previous posts in the thread)

edit- i've now read your rant; there's no need to get all steamed up, Neph's replies weren't personal, however i think you've taken them personally anyway...

edited due to mouse problems

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. March 2008 @ 10:54

rednroll
_
18. March 2008 @ 11:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by creaky:
Neph's replies weren't personal, however i think you've taken them personally anyway...

I Guess the mods in here only have selective reading then huh? It seems you've totally missed who the one who's taking this personal. Moding a mod must be a difficult task for some.

That's YOUR fault skippy
_
18. March 2008 @ 11:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nothing selective here; plus he's big enough and old enough to deal with arguers on his own :)

I'd already stated why i was here, not very wise to second guess me, when you're wrong...

Anyways, have you heard of dry humour ? (most of us mods are dry).

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. March 2008 @ 11:11

rednroll
_
18. March 2008 @ 11:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by creaky:
Nothing selective here; plus he's big enough and old enough to deal with arguers on his own :)

Yeah, that's pretty obvious. I'll be waiting for him to start breaking out the "My dad is bigger than your dad" statements next or to be called a "stupid dork face retard jerk".
_
18. March 2008 @ 11:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Look, the joke's over, now how about the thread gets back on track and you knock it off...

SatLady
_
7. April 2008 @ 13:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
For what it's worth Rednroll, I agree with you about the interface for CloneDVD2. And... before anyone starts flaming me (give me a minute to put on my fire-retardant suit), I want to point out that I am a technical writer/usability expert.

I'm not saying the program doesn't do what it's marketed to do - I'm speaking specifically about the interface.

I don't like having to use two programs either, and while I had heard of DVDfab, I have never used it. I definitely will check it out, and thank you RnR, for mentioning it!
xNECx
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
7. April 2008 @ 16:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just happened to download the trial version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 from Slysoft and was very pleased with the outcome. I dont like the whole idea of having to purchase the two seperate from overseas. However, I found the interface of this software to be very easy to understand. For my first title (Alvin and the Chipmunks), it took a total of 20 minutes to read and burn on maximum speed setting. The quality was 100% like the original. I did not hear about DVDfab until I read this post. Its funny because after the talk about the sheep and fox, I decided to look up DVDfab via rednroll's link and I just thought it was ironic that there was a monkey for the mascott. HAHAHAHAA!!! Ok...i'm done. And no, i'm not implying that anybody is a monkey.

Rednroll, is that the correct place to get the DVDFab that you are talking about? Are you using the gold or platinum? Have you used it to convert anything to MPEG-4 for iPOD use? I am very interested in trying out the all-in-one software. If the outcome is the same with less steps and less programs, I can see your point in some of your replies and would love to try this out.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. April 2008 @ 16:43

Advertisement
_
__

_
rednroll
_
7. April 2008 @ 17:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have not tried out DVDFab for the iPod and other portable device transfers. At this time it's just nice to know that they are there if I ever decide to use them and I don't need to purchase another software title to have that ability as well as having to learn yet another interface. I do own an iPod and also a PS3, so it's comforting to know that I'm using a software tool that is already capable of doing things before I'm even interested in doing those items. Things like Blue-Ray Disc backup and transferring video on the PS3 HD and iPod.

I own the Platinum version of DVDFab, the price difference between that and the Gold version is not that much of a difference, so I figured why not get everything?

That was another thing that was disappointing with Clone DVD2. It seemed that if I wanted to do portable device backups, then I would additionally need to purchase a 3rd title from Slysoft "Clone DVD Mobile". In fact it seems to get the full capability of DVDFab from the Slysoft suite of software, I would need to purchase "AnyDVD",the "AnyDVD HD Option" "CloneDVD2", and "CloneDVD Mobile". Sorry, but I have to put on my flame suit here and make this statement...but it just kind of seems like a nickle and dime business approach, that I just wish to avoid.

I don't have anything personal against Slysoft and CloneDVD2. DVDFab's GUI was just more to my liking and just seems to offer a lot more for less money. I'm sure CloneDVD2 does things just as well as advertised.

In regards to the monkey logo in DVDFab :)....well, it isn't taking up valuable screen space on the front of the GUI like in CloneDVD2, and it's a more recent addition to the software, since I've been using it. It's logo used to be a blue "F" for "Fab" I suppose.

Yes, that's the website to get ahold of DVDFab and try it out for yourself. www.DVDFab.com

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. April 2008 @ 17:26

Related links
Download CloneDVD from here.
Support AfterDawn.com and buy CloneDVD now!
Read AfterDawn.com's CloneDVD guide from here.

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Clonedvd copy x264 1 8. February 2014 Convert video to another format
AnyDVD, CloneDVD no longer supported? 1 15. March 2013 AfterDawn feedback & suggestions
AnyDvd stopped working with CloneDvd 1 2. January 2013 Copy DVD to DVDR
clonedvd 2 30. January 2011 Convert DVD to another format
CloneDvd Error Message 3 7. August 2010 DVD±R for newbies
need help w/ AnyDVD/CloneDVD 19 18. July 2010 DVD±R for newbies
CloneDVD Mobile to iTunes/iPhone 4 26. May 2010 Copy DVD to DVDR
Error Report with CloneDVD Mobile - Please Help 3 4. March 2010 Convert DVD to another format
Using a reader AND writer drive with Clonedvd/anydvd. NOT WRITING 2 12. January 2010 Copy DVD to DVDR
cloneDVD 2 12. January 2010 PS2 - DVD backup discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - software discussion > clonedvd 3 vs. clonedvd 2

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork