User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 08:06
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - general discussion > xbox error codes explained- go here first!
Show topics

Forums
Forums
XBOX Error Codes Explained- Go Here First!
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
27. September 2005 @ 09:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That was my intention when I originally posted this thread, but I guess some people do not learn ;)

Firefox Tips & Shortcuts (Updated 7/9/05) -> http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/184257...
How To Speed Up Firefox- by Geestar20-> http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/177587
XBOX Error Codes Explained ->http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/210562
XBOX: X2 & 250 gb HDD, XBMC Dashboard
PC: AMD XP3500+, nVidia 7600GT, 2GB RAM, 960GB Storage
Advertisement
_
__
cbruce
_
27. September 2005 @ 09:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@Nephilim
Ok, i tried to make the picture go away but it doesnt go away!hmmm
is this better?
@deezp1
Thanks, but if i unlock my harddrive now and keep that same harddrive in there will it still work? thanks

DEAR WHITE FELLA,
COUPLA THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
WHEN I BORN, I BLACK - WHEN I GROW UP, I BLACK
WHEN I GO IN SUN, I BLACK - WHEN I COLD, I BLACK
WHEN I SCARED, I BLACK - WHEN I SICK, I BLACK
AND WHEN I DIE, I STILL BLACK
AND YOU WHITE FELLA,
WHEN YOU BORN, YOU PINK - WHEN YOU GROW UP, YOU WHITE
WHEN YOU GO IN SUN, YOU RED - WHEN YOU COLD, YOU BLUE
WHEN YOU SCARED, YOU YELLOW -WHEN YOU SICK, YOU GREEN
WHEN YOU DIE, YOU GRAY.
AND YOU CALLING ME COLORED???

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. September 2005 @ 09:32

_
27. September 2005 @ 10:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Thanks, but if i unlock my harddrive now and keep that same harddrive in there will it still work? thanks
If your xbox is modded yes, but if not then no. The locking is only necessary if your booting your xbox to the M$ dashboard or your are using xbox live.

btw, why dont you get some kind of picture editor and reduce the size and resolution. I had to do the same with my sig, worked like a charm.

Firefox Tips & Shortcuts (Updated 7/9/05) -> http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/184257...
How To Speed Up Firefox- by Geestar20-> http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/177587
finp
_
27. September 2005 @ 11:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi ppl im planin on buyin an xbox and when you turn it on allit says is "hello 09" im not sure if this is an error code or not and on the list of errors it says hard did is tht same as hdd
thnx fin

xbox forever
finp
_
27. September 2005 @ 11:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
also can i put an original hdd in a different mthrbrd

basicaly i have an xbox all fully working except the motherboard i put sum solder down for a DO point then i ripped it off and it took some tiny wires with it so im plani on buyin 1 off ebay unless ne1 wonts 2 buy it

xbox forever
hunkre
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
29. September 2005 @ 19:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i got error 13 this is what i did i went to xbox it has been giving me error 21 for a while then i finnally got my unleash x dash back and well i ftp back to it i ftp'ed my c folder and overwrote everything i think the eeprom is stored in the c folder but i dont know so i have the exact copy of the eeprom from befor poblem my system is softmodded i got so lucky as to have after it screwed up have it boot again so good question time what will fix this what game updates the dash and how?

hi
xboxgirl
_
30. September 2005 @ 16:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,
I'm new to the site and basically most of what is being discussed here as well. I have a xbox that is not modded and the case has never been opened. However, one day when i pressed the power on, the green light around the eject button flashed fom green to red. I turned it off and rebooted it and it worked fine. The problem continued to occur but more and more frequently as time passed. I never did see any error codes or messages for me to call customer service. Now my xbox wont boot up at all and the light just flashes from green to red, and the power cuts in and out while doing this. I have played burnt CD's, and have used cheat codes for GTA:san. I doubt that either of those things could have caused the problem but I am not sure. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what is wrong with my xbox and/or how to fix it.
raub19
_
30. September 2005 @ 19:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
deezp1,
My xbox is not moded and it s still in its original setup. I got error 16 at startup since we lost power for a day. I rented a game with xbox live on it and i tried to boot with it with no success. I was hoping to get connected to xbox live and correct the clock setting.
I would be grateful if you can tell me what s the best solution for this problem. I downloaded Evolutionx M8plus bios and I wondered if it s going to solve the problem without changing the original setup. Should I just burn the M8plus bin into a dvd and boot with it? Thank you in advance
_
1. October 2005 @ 10:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
WOW! Im gone a couple days and I get bombarded with questions! Im Glad that everyone is finding use for this thread!

@finp:
Quote:
hi ppl im planin on buyin an xbox and when you turn it on allit says is "hello 09" im not sure if this is an error code or not and on the list of errors it says hard did is tht same as hdd
Sorry, but I have never heard of that error code.
Quote:
also can i put an original hdd in a different mthrbrd
read this below, it is from the error code 5
Quote:
This locking process uses information thats on the motherboard. The "Lock" on a xbox hard drive contains information that is based on the harddrive itself and the motherboard it came with.
One thing that makes this clear: You can not change a retail harddrive with another one from an other not modded xbox. With every xbox there is only ONE i repeat ONE compatible harddisk drive. That is, if they are locked.

If you don't mod your xbox (tsop or modchips) you can not change harddrives. Not even from another xbox. However when your xbox IS modified you can change your harddisk for almost every other harddisk (thats UNLOCKED). This means that even when your xbox is modified, you can not just put another (retail) XBOX harddisk in your xbox. However some smart people made programs that can lock or unlock your xbox harddisk on the fly.
If you are NOT planning on modding your xbox, then you should look for someone selling the Motherboard with the Hard drive, but if you are planning to mod, the buying the hdd is not neccesary. it is possible to do a hardisk unlock/lock on the fly, but I dont know how to do this.

@hunkre:
Quote:
i got error 13 this is what i did i went to xbox it has been giving me error 21 for a while then i finnally got my unleash x dash back and well i ftp back to it i ftp'ed my c folder and overwrote everything i think the eeprom is stored in the c folder but i dont know so i have the exact copy of the eeprom from befor poblem my system is softmodded i got so lucky as to have after it screwed up have it boot again so good question time what will fix this what game updates the dash and how?
most likely if you ftp'ed everything to the c drive (im assuming that is where you are booting your xbox from), then you didnt overwrite the eeprom unless a different eeprom was included in the overwrite.

if you want to update the m$ dashboard, you can do one of two things. get your hands on an auto-installer like slayers and simply update the evox dashboard (easiest and best way) or you can boot a game with xbox live and run xbox live and it should automatically udate the ms dashboard (I haven't tested this, but I heard it works. There is a possibility you could be banned from Live though, so I would only recomend doing this if you dont plan to use live). A third option is if you have the Star Wars Trilogy DVDs, load up the extras disk in your xbox and try to play the Star Wars Battlefront Demo. it will automatically update your dashboard.

One thing on UnleashX: If you can somehow get the UnleashX dashboard to boot and you have games stored on your hdd, you can use the file explorer to update your M$ dashboard. just explore to one of the game folders and there should be a file called "updatedash.xbe" Click it and it should updated the dashboard.

@xboxgirl:
Quote:
I'm new to the site and basically most of what is being discussed here as well
Hello and Welcome to Afterdawn
Quote:
I have a xbox that is not modded and the case has never been opened. However, one day when i pressed the power on, the green light around the eject button flashed fom green to red.
the flashing red and green is called a FRAG, this is a very common error with moddified xboxes, but this is usually caused by an mod-chip that is unalligned chip, but this is not the case for you since your chip is not modded.
Quote:
Now my xbox wont boot up at all and the light just flashes from green to red, and the power cuts in and out while doing this. I have played burnt CD's, and have used cheat codes for GTA:san. I doubt that either of those things could have caused the problem but I am not sure. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what is wrong with my xbox and/or how to fix it.
That would not damage the xbox, but to me it seems as if the xbox is simply dying. Is your xbox fairly old? Sometimes it could be a bad connection. When you boot it up does anything happen? does it at least try to boot up or does it immediately start flashing?

Because your xbox has not been modified, I would recommend to talk to the people at http://www.xbox.com they might better server you for your problem. Im not in anyway trying to dodge your problem, but I can help you fix it, but it MAY involve voiding your warrantee.

@Raub19:
Quote:
My xbox is not moded and it s still in its original setup. I got error 16 at startup since we lost power for a day. I rented a game with xbox live on it and i tried to boot with it with no success. I was hoping to get connected to xbox live and correct the clock setting.
Are you sure it is not modded? The reason why I ask is because when you modify a xbox you have the change the default excutable file in order run a hacked dashboard like EvolutionX or UnleashX, so if there was a power failure and your clock is reset, upon the next time you boot up it will try to boot the default dashboard, but if you are running some type of mod it wont find it. do you kinda understand? In other words, with an unmoddified xbox, it should boot to the xbox dashboard (the green screen with the orb) and ask you to reset the clock. btw, Xbox live does not do the time change it is the internal computer of the xbox that does this.

Now does ANYTHING happen when you boot the xbox, does it light up or you get no power whatsoever?
Quote:
I downloaded Evolutionx M8plus bios and I wondered if it s going to solve the problem without changing the original setup. Should I just burn the M8plus bin into a dvd and boot with it?
This is only necessary if your box is modded.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. October 2005 @ 11:04

finp
_
1. October 2005 @ 11:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
but when it hello then a numbeer is that a error code

xbox forever
raub19
_
1. October 2005 @ 19:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
deezp1,
I am 100% sure that my xbox is not moded. It does start and it powers up as well. U can see the xbox splash screen with sound as well. It kind of waits for a moment looking for something and then it shows the screen with the error 16 and the message your xbox requires service. Please call customer service..." Which I did and they asked for $80 to fix it. Other things, I noticed is I can open and eject the disc tray with no problem. Also, a GREEN for half a sec then RED Flashing.
Thank you
xyron
Suspended permanently
_
3. October 2005 @ 03:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
if i have a warrenty on my xbox, and if i have error 13 can i take it back to where i got it from and get it repaired or should i go to a modder and get it repaired. and if im able to do it my self, can you tell me how, im a noob to all this modding.
xyron
Suspended permanently
_
3. October 2005 @ 03:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
or can a modchip fix the problem?
_
3. October 2005 @ 13:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@finp:
Quote:
but when it hello then a numbeer is that a error code
if it is an error code and it is an error code 9, then what basically is happening is that you have a bad connection from your motherboard to your hdd.

btw, why where you messing with the D0 spot, there is no need to mess with it unless you are doing some type of modding?

@raub19:
Quote:
I am 100% sure that my xbox is not moded. It does start and it powers up as well. U can see the xbox splash screen with sound as well. It kind of waits for a moment looking for something and then it shows the screen with the error 16 and the message your xbox requires service. Please call customer service..."
OK, Now we are getting somewhere. Now Im sure if you try to boot a game you are going to get the same error code because the xbox looks for the clock settings before the game is allowed to boot. What I am thinking is that maybe when you had your power outage somehow the xbox got fried in some way and currupted your dashboard. It is just a thought, but that is all that I can think of because it is almost near impossible to mess with the dashboard file without moddifing the xbox.
Quote:
Other things, I noticed is I can open and eject the disc tray with no problem. Also, a GREEN for half a sec then RED Flashing.
That flashing red and green is part of the error code system as well, so this only happens when there is an error with the xbox.
Quote:
Which I did and they asked for $80 to fix it.
WOW, that is steep!
If you don't mind openning your xbox you can do it for cheaper (and it is pretty easy. there are many online stores that sell xbox motherboards and hard drives because you would need both to fix the problem. it is up to you.

@xyron:
Quote:
if i have a warrenty on my xbox, and if i have error 13 can i take it back to where i got it from and get it repaired or should i go to a modder and get it repaired. and if im able to do it my self, can you tell me how, im a noob to all this modding.
if your warrentee is still valid, then by all means go and get your xbox replaced, so dont open up the xbox because if you do you void the warrentee.
Quote:
or can a modchip fix the problem?
Honestly, modding can fix almost anything, but in your case where you have not yet modded your box and it is still under warrentee, then I would not use the modding route unless you have to or you plan to mod your box eventually. Even then, I would still want to get it fixed through M$ first anyway because why should you try to mod something that is not working properly in the first place? you might as well mod a machine that is already in good shape. ;)

xyron
Suspended permanently
_
3. October 2005 @ 14:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have a soft mod on before all that happened!
i acedently pressed format E: and now every things deleted!

how and where do i put dvd2xbox.rar ( i downloaded it frm somwhere)
where do all the files belong(i have got my FTP connection),which drive should i put them on?

thx for helping me! :)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. October 2005 @ 14:05

exit13
_
4. October 2005 @ 04:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, here goes. Xbox been modded for well over a year, with no problems whatsoever. Last night I wanted to play a DVD in it I started the DVD and it locked up. Rebooted the XBOX, and I lost the xecuter2 logo at the bottom of the boot screen, it said Microsoft again. And brought me to an evox dashboard, but not with all the menus I had originally. After some research way too late at night I decided to try to re-flash the chip with the New HD installer CD. Im sure this was a bad idea, as now I get the "Christmas Lights" and an error code of 05. Depending on what switches I flip on the chip, I can get into the Cromwell blue flash screen, but that is it. Please help! I have no clue where to go from here.
Geezy
_
5. October 2005 @ 21:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nice explainations, Deezp1.... but my friend has an error 13 from soft-modding, not by using the Slayer Disc.

My friend tried to soft-mod his XBOX (using MechWarrior and the Linux dl), but he got stuck, and so he restarted his XBOX. He had some trouble with the Dashboard, so he tried to reformat everything, and basically erased his dashboard. It will play games, but it will not read other discs, and any attempt to access XBOX live (or troubleshoot) fails before it can even start. Any ideas?

Also, if you need some more information, I'll try to get it from him.... I was asleep at the time.
finp
_
6. October 2005 @ 08:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i did try and mod it n it wos workin but i lodaed dodgy bios n it broke so i got a programmer but wen i pulled it out sum tiny wirres came out n i thnk its unfixable
but maby not

xbox forever
hunkre
_
7. October 2005 @ 18:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i tried everything and i cant get the xbox to work with its dash im kinda pissed can i unlock the origanal xbox drive and reformat it with xboxhdm or something? cause it just says bad drive when i try that but yah

hi
wipeout80
_
8. October 2005 @ 00:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi, I got Error code 2 and don´t know how to fix it. Has anyone an idea how to solve the Problem?
_
8. October 2005 @ 10:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just to let all you guys (and girls) know, I haven't explored much into the softmodding fixes, I all my modding have been done with chipping, but most of the concepts are still the same and once the box has been modded, the trouble-shooting fixes are pretty much the same. I have always been an advocate for chipping because there is a greater chance to screw up your box with softmodding and most of the time the fixes are much easier to solve. anyways...

@xyron:
Quote:
have a soft mod on before all that happened!
i acedently pressed format E: and now every things deleted!
um, that is a tough spot your in. As far as I know soft-modding goes, I pretty sure that the E drive is where your "hacked" information is stored. my only suggestion to you is if you can find the soft-modding data and ftp it to the E: drive, but I would consult someone with more soft modding experience. I would consult the forums here or at http://forums.xbox-scene.com for better information about your fix.
Quote:
how and where do i put dvd2xbox.rar ( i downloaded it frm somwhere)
where do all the files belong(i have got my FTP connection),which drive should i put them on?
That all depends on where your main directory is. most likely if you soft-modded your box and did not upgrade your HDD, then your main directory will be the C drive. BUT, you must also map where the apps are being loaded from within evox or whatever dashboard you are using.

btw, the dvd2xbox.rar needs to extracted first before you transfer it.

@exit13:
Quote:
Rebooted the XBOX, and I lost the xecuter2 logo at the bottom of the boot screen, it said Microsoft again. And brought me to an evox dashboard, but not with all the menus I had originally.
This could of happened for a number of reasons, possibly because you have an xecuter2 chip, you have two bios banks, and they both have different boot excutable files (i.e. default.xbe or evoxdash.xbe) and when you boot each bank you will get different dashboard settings. OR somehow your .ini file (your evox settings file) got currupted and it is you no longer have your folders mapped.
Quote:
After some research way too late at night I decided to try to re-flash the chip with the New HD installer CD. Im sure this was a bad idea, as now I get the "Christmas Lights" and an error code of 05. Depending on what switches I flip on the chip, I can get into the Cromwell blue flash screen, but that is it. Please help! I have no clue where to go from here.
I really dont think the flash was your original problem. Many times (and it happened to me plenty of times), if you have a solderless chip and the chip comes unalligned wierd things could happen, but that is if your chip is solderless. But I guess that doesnt matter now because you are getting an error code 5.

As you may know by reading the thread, the error code 5 happens when you try to boot the xbox and the hdd is not locked. This only happens when your xbox is trying to boot the default M$ dashboard (the green menu screen wiht the orb), you should not get this error if you are trying to boot a "hack" dashboard. That being said, if you are getting the cromwell blue screen you are not too bad off.

Im assuming you have an excuter2 (same chip as me), this is what you need to do:
1. turn off your xbox
2. make sure the chip set to on
3. set it to bank 1
4. turn to protection to disable (this fuction shouldnt matter much)
5. insert your auto-installer disk and reflash the chip again, but make sure the flash requirements match your xbox (i.e. xbox verison, hdd size)
6. after you do this your box should reboot on its own and it should boot up again with your autoinstaller. Now this is where you have to make a decision. most likely you will want to start over and choose to rebuild the HDD. once you do this (hopefully) your xbox should be good to go.

@geezy:
Quote:
My friend tried to soft-mod his XBOX (using MechWarrior and the Linux dl), but he got stuck, and so he restarted his XBOX. He had some trouble with the Dashboard, so he tried to reformat everything, and basically erased his dashboard. It will play games, but it will not read other discs, and any attempt to access XBOX live (or troubleshoot) fails before it can even start. Any ideas?
It will read the game disk because they have an .xbe excutable file that will boot before your xbox tries to boot the dashboard, also you cant boot xbox live without the M$ dashboard, which your friend erased. What I would do is if you can get a hold of an auto-installer and reinstall your hdd content or if you can somehow ftp to your box, transfer over the dashboard files to your C: drive

@finp:
Quote:
i did try and mod it n it wos workin but i lodaed dodgy bios n it broke so i got a programmer but wen i pulled it out sum tiny wirres came out n i thnk its unfixable
but maby not
I am not the expert on soldering (I did all of my modding with solderless chips) so you might want to check with someone else. sorry

@hunkre:
Quote:
i tried everything and i cant get the xbox to work with its dash im kinda pissed can i unlock the origanal xbox drive and reformat it with xboxhdm or something? cause it just says bad drive when i try that but yah
Im telling you, you need to find the slayers disk, it is the answers to all of your needs when you are in a tough spot. it helps me ALL THE TIME when Im fixing problems for friends. it will do everything you need. look for it!

@wipeout80:
Quote:
Hi, I got Error code 2 and don´t know how to fix it. Has anyone an idea how to solve the Problem?
Sorry I never have come across that problem, I would try to reflash your chip and see if you get the same problem.

wipeout80
_
9. October 2005 @ 01:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
How can I reflash it?
finp
_
9. October 2005 @ 01:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
with a programmer
if your using xecuter 2-2.6 use the xecuter programmer 20 quid or sumthing

xbox forever
pedro009
_
9. October 2005 @ 16:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
just a quick question.... i get an error 13, even when theres another hdd in my box, ive reformated my drive, its has only the ms dash on it and i still get an error 13... how do i fix this?
Advertisement
_
__

_
pedro009
_
9. October 2005 @ 16:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
oh yeah, and it doesnt boot discs

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - general discussion > xbox error codes explained- go here first!

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork