User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 06:09
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - general discussion > xbox error codes explained- go here first!
Show topics

Forums
Forums
XBOX Error Codes Explained- Go Here First!
  Jump to:

Posted Message
mx710
_
9. October 2005 @ 19:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I softmodded my xbox recently and when i did i got everything working fine but i guess i didnt back up my C-drive all the way something went wrong, so i wanted to get my xbox back to normal so i restored my C-drive and went to load my MS dash and it wasn't there so all i had was my modded dash so i modded some stuff like halo 2 and got stuff like dvd2xbox and got halo2 on my hdd. but then in my ftp i deleted my linux installer and my little bro went top lay my mods and he left the disk drive open to where it loads up Itools. so then he turns it off and tries to load the modded dash and it is not there. My xbox will let me play games but not halo2 does anybody know what I can do?
Advertisement
_
__
alt255
_
14. October 2005 @ 13:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi guys, sorry it took so long. I tried the suggestions and got AID, but to my dismay, not only does my "...call customer support..." screen not have an error code, but it won't boot discs...I'm screwed, huh? Oh, just in case, It's a softmodded system and the drive got unlocked (due to my own stupidity).
licsw
_
15. October 2005 @ 09:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dashupdate what game has this on it to fix my xbox error 13 and who do I do it . I get error 13 but I can play games but no dash
Gokyar
_
16. October 2005 @ 06:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a problem like others, i have a code 6 problem. I changed my hdd because old one broken. how can i correct it in my unmodded xbox?
jackdragn
_
16. October 2005 @ 16:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Great..Ihave a few questions. I installed unleash x(softmod with mechassualt), backed up my c drive to another drive on my xbox. I got error 13, I figured out that the xboxdash.xbe file (or whatever)on my c drive wasn't there, instead there was an msdash.xbe file instead.I renamed the file file back to xboxdash,(mind you that i restored the c drive earlier and this did not fix the the error 13) and my microsoft dash started right up(thank god).While i was trying to figure out how to fix this...i started using/learning the unleash x program. I tried to ftp using a crossover cable(no router), and i couldnt get flash xp to connect to my box.In the unleashx dash i changed my IP settings(192.168.0.3 right?), and also changed the computers IP settings (192.168.0.4 right?).
On another earlier attempt at softmodding (with evox and mech),i accidently erased all my cds.

Questions
1. How do i keep my m$ dash and still be able to boot unleash x without inserting mechassualt?
2. What am I doing wrong with my FTPing?
3.WTF happened to m CDs! Did they completely erase off my HD or are they hidden and taking up valuable disc space?

Hope you can help me deezp1. thx
_
16. October 2005 @ 19:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So i get a 9 error message i used 2 get a 7 but just cleaning the dvd drive and replugging the cables fixed it. But there is not much info for the 9 error message. Any help?
red1492
_
22. October 2005 @ 17:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi, I need help.The situation is that I have a modded xbox with a bigger hardisk. Now this HD is giving problems because it is very slow, I've tried reformatting and reinstalling slaryer evox v2.6 but is still slow. The solution that I came up with was to re install in my xbox the original hd, i thought that I would have no problem with this but now i'm getting error 16, I saw your explanation on how to solve error 16, I tried it with my bigger hd, but it does not work, is there any other way?. the details of my xbox are:

EvolutionX V43935
Bios: evox M7ej
kernel: 1.00.5101.01

I would appreciate your help!

Regards,
Red
hunkre
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
22. October 2005 @ 19:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i got error 16 and my friend has modded xbox and i have a new duox2 flashed/cromwell edition question is i dont think duox2 has the play unlocked hd thing so i can fix useing your strategy so yah i dont know if it does cause i got a backed up drive ready to go just not locked and it doesnt play so i dont know if maybe i installed it wrong

hi
jgat
_
25. October 2005 @ 11:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hello
cud anyone help coz im getting crazy trying to fix my xbox.
my bro recently booted a multiple dashboard and app installer on my xbox and then he accidentaly erased my evox.ini. i dont know wat other stuff he did but coz i wasnt home when it happend. After dat, my xbox pops out error 05, yes the error when ur hd is not locked. so i looked for bootdisks like aid, slayers, xbox ultimate boot disk installers. the slayers boot disk doest boot but the other 2 does but only one problem, when i try starting configmagic, it goes to a load screen and stops there, i tried a lot of times and burning another copy. but it still fails to run configmagic. so anyone has any advice on wat to do or does anybody know how to lock the hd manually using fxplorer coz its the only program dat works. or does anyone know where i can find a program like configmagic but boots it from the very start? thank u
alt255
_
26. October 2005 @ 11:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey guys, fastest way ever to fix these problems: put your jacked up hdd into a box with a chip, then fix it and put it back. thats how I fixed my buddies.
mx710
_
26. October 2005 @ 17:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
THANK YOU PERSON I LOVE YOU I WILL DO THAT RIGHT AWAY THANK YOU THANK YOU
lordtut
Suspended permanently
_
27. October 2005 @ 06:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have a softmodded xbox with a extra 40gig HDD installed.
i have a odd problem some time my xbox will not start up if i leave it unpluged for x hours it sometimes starts up but when it does it plays all my back up games, original games, and games of my HDD fine untill i turn it off for a few minutes.
do you guyes have any ideas on what the problem is and what i can do to fix it?
IMrHankyI
_
29. October 2005 @ 19:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok i had a modded xbox and while i was trying to remove the softmod it was going ok but when it was about to finish i accidently pressed back on the control so i turn off the xbox but when i opened the disk tray i got an error 13 so i disconnect the xbox to see if that would fix it but when i turn it back i got an error 16 i have another xbox thats not modded and was hoping if i can use the other xboxs hardrive to fix the clock settings then fix the error 13
ironbot
_
1. November 2005 @ 08:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
im new ,sorry if this is in the wrong place. having read the posts here, it seems i have a dash/internal clock problem.(error 16).to confirm what ive read.. i can reset the clock in the non working x-box by tempory fitting a working hdd from another x-box to reset the clock?. then i will ahve error 13 (dashboard launch fail). i have another x-box unmodded (as the non working one is). so: 1 how do i cure error 13?. 2 will this damage my working hdd?..
again sorry if this is in the wrong place.
reas11
_
1. November 2005 @ 10:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi

I sortmodded my xbox a couple of weeks ago and everything was fine for about a 6 days.

then i downloaded and burn auto installer deleuxe and tryed to install the MS dash off it (i know i'm stupid) and when i reboot my xbox i got error 21.

so i read up and found that my only option was to hotswap (as i don't have my eeprom and didn't keep my splinter cell installer).

so today i open my xbox and used this guide to hot swap http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=426318

but i keep on doing it wrong and keeped on retrying it.

after about 4 trys i got error 7 appear on my screen which is the HDD error and the white microsoft logo isn't coming on.

i checked all my cables and they are all in fine and i didn't really do anything to my HD apart from unplug the ide cable a few times.

so what would you reccommend i do to get back to error 21
yomandin
_
7. November 2005 @ 23:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi, can you help me? i made a HDD with the "XBOX HDD MAKER" but i have a mistake locking it, i think i locked wrong and doesn´t work, powering up the console show me an error, i don´t remenber now this one, i tried to make the process again but the Hdd is now locked, can i unlock by other way ??

thks

feel the wind
ironbot
_
12. November 2005 @ 10:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
seeing as no-one knew how to solve my last prob i gave in and got it modded:))). so i now have a modded box and a un modded one. thing is i cant get them to "link". i tried with halo 1 halo 2 ect .any ideas whould be great . thanks. btw i used a plain old rj45 cable that came with my router..
zachhalo
_
12. November 2005 @ 16:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
how do you get rid of an error code 13 so i can play xbox live and get my msdashboard back
userace
_
24. November 2005 @ 09:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
can someone help me i got error 13 on my xbox and i wanted to know if i am screwed or not. is there an ez fix i am extremely dumb with these things and any help would be appreciated!!!!!!
my email is [REMOVED] if someone can send me a guide or sumthin to fix this..

ty very much for the time

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. November 2005 @ 18:07

sinster
_
24. November 2005 @ 12:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok i'm new here so bear with me. i've been reading this thread and haven't found anything that specifically answers my problem. i have an un modded xbox i have been getting error 21 recently but only if i power on the console with no game in it. untill yesterday it's been playing games fine, i just bought burnout revenge and it would turn on and start too load the game and show the progress bar on the screen, but then it would just freeze up and do nothing i returned the game for a new one and get the same thing. now all my other games still load and play fine xbox wants 80 dollars to fix just wondering what the consense is on this problem thanks.
_
25. November 2005 @ 18:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
userace

Posting email addies isn't allowed - forum rules ;)

My killer sig came courtesy of bb "El Jefe" mayo.
The Forum Rules You Agreed To! http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
"And there we saw the giants, and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight" - Numbers 13:33
userace
_
25. November 2005 @ 18:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sorry but can i get some help

HELP
5c4ry_0p
_
28. November 2005 @ 15:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Okay so i softmodded afriends xbox and it boots the evox dashboard alright but when i choose in the evox menu Microsoft Dashboard it just show error code 21 in different languajes.I have no friggin clue on wats wrong with it.I want to restore my MS backup and Mod Backup but im afraid that itll wipe out my Gamesaves and stuff.Does restoring the MS backup wipes out your HD or something like that?please,i need help.

//PROUD OWNER OF A XBOX 360 PREMIUM PACKAGE:)\\
Currently waiting for Halo 3
tigger619
_
5. December 2005 @ 16:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey guys i need help i soft-modded my xbox and deleated the dash and now i get a error 16 i have another soft-mod with the same things as the other xbox has can i use that hdd to reset the clock on the xbox or will it need something special done to it and if i can reset the clock from that hdd what games will reset the dash sorry if you already answeard this but i need help thanks
Advertisement
_
__

_
ironbot
_
8. December 2005 @ 11:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
for a few newbies here i ended up solving my probs without ANY replies from anyone here. my advice...check a few other sites... newbies dont seem to get any replies.

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - general discussion > xbox error codes explained- go here first!

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork