User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 01:48
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - games > official kingdom of hearts thread
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Official Kingdom of Hearts Thread
  Jump to:

Posted Message
kingsora
_
14. April 2006 @ 11:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry for double post however:

This just in. Unlike Kingdom Hearts 1, you can now achieve strength, defense, and magic level past 100. As of now my Sora has 106 strength with Ultima equipped. (100 with sweet memories...) It looks like I have some fun ahead of me this time... I'm guessing it maxes out at 999? Can't wait.
Advertisement
_
__
khmaster
_
14. April 2006 @ 12:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hmm..not sure what they max out at...my strength is 110 with ultima weapon though...lol im going crazy on synthesis with str boosts and stuff.also if anyone has any theroy's on the ending of the game and/or the secret ending plz send me a private message i would love to hear everyones thoughts,still working on putting it together
off topic-sorry kingsora last night i got off after my last reply but i did check out your new vedio it works fine for me.

kingdom hearts fanatic

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. April 2006 @ 12:23

kingsora
_
14. April 2006 @ 13:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
"sorry kingsora last night i got off after my last reply but i did check out your new vedio it works fine for me."

Well that's good. Does it look better than the first?

"hmm..not sure what they max out at...my strength is 110 with ultima weapon though...lol im going crazy on synthesis with str boosts and stuff."

Yea me too lol. I've upgrade him to 113 with Ultima, but I never get to use it cause I'm always looking for more synthesis items... I think I'll get his strength up to 150, then do the same for defense, then the same for AP, then the same for MP. After that, I can go freestyle and upgrade whatever I want. But hear this, I will find out what it maxes out at if it's the last thing I do. In the KH1, everything maxed out at 100. Even beating Riku on Destiny Islands. It would only keep track of 100 wins... weird.
khmaster
_
14. April 2006 @ 13:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
im at 115 str and 114 mp and 115 ap...i have the same goal you do kingsora..(i will post what you max out on here as soon as i find out)
-yeah kingsora your video looks much better!

kingdom hearts fanatic
kingsora
_
14. April 2006 @ 19:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yea, I leveled up ALOT today.

134 str
120?? mp (I chose magic in the beginning... I haven't made any magic ups really...)
130?? ap
74 def

I have a ways to go as well. I'd challenge you to a race to find the max, but I'd lose. Only reason why I got as far as I did is because I have no homework this weekend. :) I'll have to rely on you to get there first.

Thanks for the compliments on the vid. Did I tell you guys I actually have it in DVD quality? I recorded it straight to a DVD with a burner I have and it looked sweet. I decided to rip/encode/host it for all you lovely people. If anyone knows how to send a file of about a gig in size, let me know. I can get you all a DVD quality copy of the video...
khmaster
_
14. April 2006 @ 19:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
idk its a close race lol...i'll do my best im 136 str 124mp 132ap 80 def...so the stats just keep rolling!

kingdom hearts fanatic
mydadsfat
Suspended permanently
_
14. April 2006 @ 19:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
im at level 65 and at the pride lands wooo

"every drop of blood...every bitter tear...every bead of sweat..I LIVE FOR THIS"

http://my.afterdawn.com/phoenix739
kingsora
_
16. April 2006 @ 14:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OK guys, you max out at 153. You can attach other accessories/weapons to heighten it, however. The best combo is 153+7 (Fenrir)+2 (Cosmic Arts)+2 (Star Charm)+2 (Star Charm) = 166. Are there any accessories that yield more strength than +2??? If so, then of course that number can go up, but that's as high as I can get it for the moment.

Post a picture of your "Status" if you've beaten any of these! (i.e AP, MP, Stength, Defense) Let's start a competition. I think it would be fun.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. April 2006 @ 14:53

khmaster
_
16. April 2006 @ 16:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well..i have 156 attack 153mp 85 def 152 ap...how do i get a picture on here?

kingdom hearts fanatic
kingsora
_
17. April 2006 @ 08:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Take a picture of the tv screen while viewing the "status." If it's a digi-camera you can immediately transfer the picture to your computer and size it down a bit. Then, create an account to photobucket or equivalent free picture hosting service. Take that url and sandwich it between [img*]xxx[/img*] without the asterisks in your next post.

If it's not a digi, then it's a lot more difficult. You'll have to take picture, get it developed. Then you can take it home and scan it, or ask the people there to scan it and burn it to a CD for you. Once that's done, either method will have the picture on your PC or have the potential to put it on your PC. Then you could follow the previous steps to get it hosted/posted.

And that picture is already a little old for me. I'll have update the picture almost daily...

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. April 2006 @ 08:56

Jhult
_
17. April 2006 @ 20:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Okay here is a question for all of you out there... I am just one step from the pride lands but still have a big question about magic. The game is saying that the magic gets stronger after completing special events in the manual, but the game walkthrough (ingame) was saying from multiple usage... How do you level up magic?

"One cannot govern his fate until one takes his future into his own hands..."
_
18. April 2006 @ 09:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
iv never played and wana now wats the big plot of the game every1s talkuing about????!!!!!
neiljames
_
18. April 2006 @ 09:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Damn, I finally beat KHII. I played for like 10 hrs. str8 yesterday. I beat the game at lv.51 At the end when it shows a screen of your progress in the game, I defeated Proud Mode, I completed only 87% of Jiminie's Journal, I used Mickey's help 6 times, most used summon was Chicken Little: Twice, and I can't recall the rest. Get this it was 4:00 in the A.M. and like I said I had been playing for like 10 hrs. str8, so I was kinda tired and once the game was over I waited for the credits to end, watched the end video and went to bed. I was kinda hoping I would get one last save point after I defeated Xemnas but nope. That sucks, but oh well. Guess I'm gonna have to beat it again to write down my stats to share with everyone. So KingSora are you leveling up in kHII or KH. Man I after yesterday I probably won't touch the game for a day or 2. I swear I was hooked, I couldn't put the fuckin' controller down or take my eyes off the T.V. screen. I even ate dinner while playing. LoL :) My girlfriend even became interested after seein' me in the same spot for hrs. on end and she decided to join in on the story and watched me play. Well thank god I am done, but I was wondering what everyone who beat the game already thinks of the end video?
kingsora
_
18. April 2006 @ 13:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
iownaps2: I'd rather not ruin it for you. It's a great great game. I recommend at least playing the first and then starting on the second. The time you put in is definitely worth the fun.

Jhult: There are many ways. After you level up, a random attribute of Sora will go up. If you're lucky enough, it will be magic. Another is after a certain plot point, it can go up, or they can give you a new spell. This would be under "Bonus Lvl" in the "Status" screen. Lvl 50 is the highest it can be... Then of course you can synthesize MP Up. If you're looking for some really good magic, I'd recommend synthesizing. I currently have like 130 something. It's REALLY nice. Also, wait 'till you get Master Form. His magic capabilities are AMAZING! Master form is definitely my favorite drive form.

neiljames: Congrats! Woot, more people that have beaten it. Too bad we can only have one thread for KH so it HAS to be spoiler free. I wish we could three way PM between you, me, and KHmaster. That'd be sweet. We've been talking about the final video for a little bit. Remember, if you want to watch the video again w/o beating the big bad guy again, I believe it's linked par moi on the first page.

By the way, I should be updating my picture today for all you see my progress. (For those interested at all...)
_
18. April 2006 @ 14:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hay man its ok in dont intend 2 by it im hooked on an online game for ps2 called battlefielfd 2 i just wanted 2 now wat the big deal is on game even thoug its so popular its rated E!!!!NEVER HEARD OF SUCH.....U THINK U COULD SEND ME A SECRET MESSAGE I ONLY WAT THE PLOT NOT TH..OOsorry if im sodingb mad i forgote bot cap lock as i was e whole game in detail.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. April 2006 @ 15:01

Jhult
_
19. April 2006 @ 07:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
There are many ways. After you level up, a random attribute of Sora will go up. If you're lucky enough, it will be magic. Another is after a certain plot point, it can go up, or they can give you a new spell. This would be under "Bonus Lvl" in the "Status" screen. Lvl 50 is the highest it can be... Then of course you can synthesize MP Up. If you're looking for some really good magic, I'd recommend synthesizing. I currently have like 130 something. It's REALLY nice. Also, wait 'till you get Master Form. His magic capabilities are AMAZING! Master form is definitely my favorite drive form.
Well that is somewhat what I was asking. I mean the higher forms of the magic spells themselves. I just finally got the fire atribute to go up one level last night, and that is the first time any of my magic got leveled up. But that was just as I finished up the main story of the pride lands. Will the rest of my magic just level up after completeing different little stories throughout the game on its own?

kingsora
_
19. April 2006 @ 12:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Seeing as I'm not, and don't own a guide to the game, I don't know for sure, but I'd say I'm about 85% positive it will. (I'm pretty sure you'll need most of the spells and what not for Atlantica... I can't see how they wouldn't give you the spells) By the end of it all, you should have the best of everything. Also, keep an eye on the "Magnet" spell. That's some powerful/handy stuff once you level it up. By far my favorite.

Mangea + Final Form = Unstoppable

You can take hordes of Heartless down in a matter of seconds with that combo.
neiljames
_
19. April 2006 @ 13:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I personally never used the magic unless it was part of the strategy to beat an enemy. I did however have to LV. up in order to beat certain bosses. During battle, for me it is just to much to try and switch to magic and then choose which spell you wish to cast. Thank Square Enix for the new Shortcut commands tho'. I personally used the shortcuts for potions and what not. The only magic I used in the shortcut command was Curaga. But I suppose placing some magic in the Shortcut Commands besides Curaga would have been more helpful. The only way for me to give you an honest opinion would be for me to try it out. Guess It's back to kickin' more heartless ass. LoL. Hey KingSora when you gonna post the pic of your progress. I wanna see. Lates.
kingsora
_
19. April 2006 @ 13:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Haha, sry about that guys. I completely forgot to post/even take a new pic. of my stats!

As far as magic is concerned, it does jack against bosses; to tell you the truth. Most are invulnerable to the crap anyway, so it wont exactly empower you to have some good magic up your sleeve versus them. However, when roaming the worlds (or looking for synthesis items) it comes in handy, a LOT. The good thing about Magnea anyway is if it doesn't kill them, it puts 'em all in a handy little ball for you to start whomping on. Also, a really handy way to take out those big fat Heartless impervious to frontal attacks.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. April 2006 @ 13:38

Jhult
_
20. April 2006 @ 09:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Okay here is a big question going out to all ya all... The second tournament in the Underdome, what are the recommended abilites, and level that you take it on for? I got all the way to cerebus, only to take cerebus down to 1 1/4 health and have the time ran out. And oh, btw, what is that super form of darkness that sora took on when I tryed going to Valor Drive one time? Hehe...

biopsiste
_
20. April 2006 @ 11:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
so guys what is the cap for the stats, WITHOUT any item?
kingsora
_
20. April 2006 @ 12:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The dark form you took on was Anti form. This happens randomly if you use a certain drive too much per level/# of heartless killed. There's no real negative aspect about it, but he sucks against bosses. Make sure not to overuse your drives and get stuck with a boss in Anti...

The cap is different for some things. For strength I found it to be 153. That's the only I know for sure. I've already gone past that number for AP, and am approaching with MP. (as you can see in the pics...) That's really the whole point of my doing this, to figure it out for anyone interested such as myself. Keep popping your head into this thread to find out more of the max out numbers 'cause I'll definitely be working on it throughout the course of the weekends.
_
21. April 2006 @ 08:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
king thx im defentaly trin 2 buy the first 1 for ps2 now,thx2 u.
Jhult
_
21. April 2006 @ 09:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
The dark form you took on was Anti form. This happens randomly if you use a certain drive too much per level/# of heartless killed. There's no real negative aspect about it, but he sucks against bosses. Make sure not to overuse your drives and get stuck with a boss in Anti...
Heh so so true. I now officially hate the anti form, since I tryed to go into master form while battling the dragon in Mulan's world, and man oh man did I hate being stuck to the ground with no friggin backup, and no way to use reaction commands...

Advertisement
_
__

_
kingsora
_
21. April 2006 @ 12:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Exactly. Anti isn't bad for taking down normal Heartless/Nobodies (I'm actually not sure on Nobodies 'cause I've only ever been him like twice and it was against Heartless) but he SUCKS for bosses. Be sure not to overuse your drives. As for you trying to switch in Master form, good choice. Best one in my opinion. His magic is amazing. He casts thunder and dodges attacks at the same time. Crazy stuff. Also, anyone else confused why Valor form in the "Status" menu has MORE magic than Wisdom? That's just crazy. Too bad Valor can't cast spells, that'd be crazy...

Also, iownaps2, def. glad to hear it. Hope you enjoy it. Be sure to tell us all what you think.

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - games > official kingdom of hearts thread

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork