User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 19:35
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > guide for all emulators for the ps2
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Guide for all emulators for the PS2
  Jump to:

Posted Message
lupinteh
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
20. June 2006 @ 19:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes, I'm using a DVD. I am suppose to use a CD instead? Also I wasn't using Nero, but some program the PGEN site told me to.
Advertisement
_
__
_
20. June 2006 @ 19:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you can use cd-r or a DVD-R. what program are you using? you should try Nero burning rom to burn it on a dvd to make it easy

Kamaria
_
24. June 2006 @ 07:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
When I load my SNES-station with Action Replay for PS2, the disc spins up for a few seconds and then I get the dreaded "Please insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 disc" red screen. I don't use a modchip and I used a swap method.

1 product review
_
24. June 2006 @ 23:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is there any n64 emulators for ps2?
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. June 2006 @ 00:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry, there are no N64 emu's, that would be awesome though:)

1 product review
_
25. June 2006 @ 00:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
so theres only emulators for consoles b4 n64 like snes
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. June 2006 @ 00:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Cehck out the first page of this link, there are a lot of good emu;s avaiable, for NES to Neo Geo, theres is a bit of everything.

_
25. June 2006 @ 11:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Kamaria you can't use action replay you need a modchip or swap magic to boot up snes

raventhor
_
25. June 2006 @ 14:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey i dont know if this question has been asked b4, but like is there any way to get a emulator/roms, from snes or any other systems to work on a ps2 without the use of a mod chip. and can someone tell me exactly what the swap method is. im not sure exactly. and is it possible to do this on the newer ps2 slenders?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. June 2006 @ 11:56

AfterDawn Addict
_
25. June 2006 @ 14:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes, you can use Swap Magic if you dont have a chip. Just insert the CD Swap Magic disk, let it load, then put in you cd with the emu and roms on it. And yes, it is possbile on slimlines, that is what I personally have.

BTW, edit out your email address, its against the forum rules.

_
25. June 2006 @ 18:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
swap method allow you to play your ps2 backups without breaking the warranty seal. some games will need rebuilding and patching.
for the slim versions you can use PSTwo Slim Kit Pro Set or Magic Key II set.
posting your email is against the forum rules so edit it

Kamaria
_
26. June 2006 @ 09:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I use a flip-top to boot my SNEs station emulator and I still get an error. I use Action Replay 2 and I burned it using the instructions that say how to do it without a modchip, and it still doesn't work. I might need Swap Magic after all, but I could have done it wrong...

Is there any way I can test out my disc?
raventhor
_
26. June 2006 @ 11:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
im new to this site so i dont know how to edit my messages yet, and how would i get swap magic, and with the swapping trick, is that possible on ps2 slender, and if the swap trick is what i think it is can u do it with a code breaker?
_
26. June 2006 @ 13:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Kamaria you can't use action replay 2 also if it does boot sometimes it will not recognize roms. you will need swap magic or a modchip to be able to run snes station on the ps2.

raventhor for your ps2 the slim versions you can get PSTwo Slim Kit Pro Set or Magic Key II set. code breaker will not work so it better to get the swap magic or a modchip. try this site www.mod-chip.com

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. June 2006 @ 13:07

raventhor
_
26. June 2006 @ 14:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
so i have a question is it possible to copy the swap magic disc or like burn it to another disc and still have it work as though it was the origianl, and is there anyway i can get it from a store, cuz most online sites require a credit card of wich i dont have, and niether do i have cash lol. is there a way so i can get roms to work on my ps2 with out swap magic? or a modd chip. and me not wantin a mod chip is non negotiable.
AfterDawn Addict
_
26. June 2006 @ 14:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The only was a backup of SM will work is using an original copy to boot it, which is pointless. I have never seen Swap Magic sold in a store either.

raventhor
_
26. June 2006 @ 15:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
does any one know where i can get one without needing a credit card?
_
26. June 2006 @ 16:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the website I just gave you you can send a money order just read the information on it.

raventhor
_
26. June 2006 @ 18:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
with the mod chips that are on it, do u need to solder them to get them to work or how do they attach to the systems? and i looked on the site but i dont remember if i saw anything bout swap magic. so im gunna look again but like where can i get one for real cheap?
AfterDawn Addict
_
26. June 2006 @ 18:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That site theend gave you has it all. You said you dont want to use a credit card so your options are limited.

_
26. June 2006 @ 18:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
under playstation 2 look for solderless and you find the swap magic

raventhor
_
27. June 2006 @ 08:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
kool. hey is it possible to get a form of swap magic trial or sumthin like that?
raventhor
_
27. June 2006 @ 08:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
oh and one more thing, do u need a special type of Nero burning utility or sumthin? and im not to good with Nero but i looked at the program on my moms comp and it mentions sumthin bout like a bootable cd and a bootable dvd, so im wonderin whats that for. and if i dont need a special type of Nero how exactly do i use it?
_
3. July 2006 @ 20:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
nah u dont have to need Nero u could use something else. But Nero is a great program and most ppl know about it. And the bootable CD & DVD is for the computer like burning linux/windows for your computer, u need that for the computer bios to boot.I have a question about Imbnes. I was wondering if theres a limited numbers of roms u could have cause i think i read that it does. Also is it posible to have folders and roms inside different folders? Can i put all the roms and imbnes on a dvd? Cause for some reason that doesnt work for me on the SNES-Station, maybe bad media i dunno.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. July 2006 @ 20:04

Advertisement
_
__

_
_
3. July 2006 @ 21:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
for vcbc
if theres a limited numbers of roms u could have? it doesn't have a limited you can put as much as you want only it doesn't pass at least 650MB on a cd-r.

Can i put all the roms and imbnes on a dvd?no you can't put it on a dvd because it a psone format so you burn it on a cd-r.

for snes-station it may be the media your using or the Nero version your using.
When I load SNES-Station using the swap method, all I see is a plain red or black screen. What am I doing wrong?
This is a known problem with the emulator, the current fix for this is to get the current version of CDLoader, use your swap disc to load CDLoader, then use CDLoader to load SNES-Station

Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > guide for all emulators for the ps2

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork