User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 18:53
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > guide for all emulators for the ps2
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Guide for all emulators for the PS2
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
9. June 2006 @ 16:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Here the guides for Snes, Pgen, Neocd, Imbnes, Ps2mame ,Jum's A5200, Psms,PS2-DC64, and Dreamspec. Added NeoPop/ps2
Aren't emulators ilegal?No, emulators are 100% legal so I added the link to each emulators
Are roms ilegal?Yes roms are ilegal because they are copyrighted so don't request roms

Snes v2.3
you can burn it to a cd-r or a dvd-+r
Here the list you need to have:
*Nero burning rom software
*the emulator call snes v2.3(http://snes-station.gamebase.ca/ )

*Make a folder call roms and place all your snes roms into that folder and put them in A-Z click left mouse to arrange icons by name.
Open the nero burning rom software and setup the setting like this
on the left side choose.
*CD-Rom(UDF/ISO)or DVD-Rom(UDF/ISO)
*Multisession-No multiession
*ISO
File name length:Max of 31 chars(ISO level 2)
Formant:Mode 2/XA for CD and for DVD is Mode 1
Character set: ISO9660 (standing ISO Cd-rom)
*Burn
make the speed at least 2x or 4x the most when your done click New
ok it time to drag the files you need here the list you should have on the left side
*Roms (the folder you made to place the roms in)
*Install
*System
*Snes_Emu.elf
Once you place them just burn it and use the swap magic
cd ver. , if you burn it on a dvd use swap magic dvd ver. or a modchip to boot

Pgen v1.2
you can burn it to a cd-r or a dvd-+r
*nero burning rom
*the emulator call PGEN v1.2(http://pgen.gamebase.ca/)

*make a folder call roms and place your sega genesis in.
second open up nero burning rom and setup the setting like this
*CD-Rom(UDF/ISO) or DVD-Rom(UDF/ISO)
*Multisession-No multiession
*ISO
File name length:Max of 31 chars(ISO level 2)
Formant:Mode 2/XA for CD and for DVD is Mode 1
*Burn
make the speed at least 2x or 4x the most when your done click New
ok it time to drag the files you need here the list you should have on the left side
*Roms (the folder you made to place the roms in)
*PGEN_12.elf
*System
Once you place them just burn it and use the swap magic
cd ver. , if you burn it on a dvd use swap magic dvd ver. or a modchip to boot

Neocd/PS2 ver. 0.6c
*Nero burning rom
*emulator call NeoCD/PS2 0.6c (http://ps2emu.dcemu.co.uk/neogeocdps2.shtml)
*neocd.bin(this one your going to have to find it on your own it about 512kb good luck)

this how to make a disc of it
*So what you want to do is create a folder called "CD." (don't put nothing on that folder)
*Now to the burning.
Open Nero and select FILE -> NEW. You want Cd-Rom (Iso) and no Multisession.
*On this ISO tab you want:
File name: Max 31 charc
Format: Mode 2
Character set:iso 9660
*Skip the Label and Dates tabs an go to MISC tab and make sure it looks like the following.
cache files from disk and network (yes)
cache files smaller than 64kb (yes)
*burn
write the speed in 4x and click new

now drag the followers files
*cd(the folder you made)
*dummy file
*install.pbt
*instlist.pbt
*neocd.bin(don't forget about this one you need it)
*neocd.elf
*remove.pbt
*run.pbt
*system
once you have them all burn it and use the swap magic cd ver. Or a modchip to boot

If you have neogeocd roms good you know
you see a bunch of tracks but the one you should look at is the tracks one and it a ISO ok.
open up nero buning rom and close the New Compilation
*on top pick Recordes and choose Burn Image
*look for the rom you want to burn and choose Trackone with an ISO file and just burn it and that's it for neogeo cd

Imbnes v.1.3.2
*Nero burning software
*emulator call imbnes v.1.3.2(http://imbnes.gamebase.ca/ )
*rombank v1.6.2(the same site as imbnes v.1.3.2)

For PS2 you need a modchip(check to see if your modchip can automatically detect psone format) or bootcd that allows playing PSX cds, one that just runs PS2 games won't work.
Then you need to burn it using some method as the ones that can be found at ImbNES Help page

ok to make it easy make a folder for the nes roms
open up the rombank v1.6.2

Under Add/Remove Roms, click the first button to add all the ROMs in a given folder to your ROM list.

Once you've added all your ROMs, you can manipulate the list to get it just the way you want it. At the very least, you'll probably want to sort the list alphabetically using the "AZ" button.

When you're done making your ROM list, click the 'Build imbNES ISO' button in the lower left corner. Then pick the appropriate license (USA | Japan | Europe), press 'Build ISO', and choose where to save your ISO image.

Once the build process if finished, you can close rombank.exe. Now you're ready to burn the CD image that was just created...

Start Nero and cancel the burning wizard if it appears.

Under the File menu, select "Burn Image..." and find 'nes.cue' which was created along with your ISO file.

Click the 'Write' button to burn the CD. write it at 4x speed or 8x the most

Ps2mame
Here what programs you need
*emulator call ps2mame (http://ps2emu.dcemu.co.uk/ps2mame.shtml)
*cdgenps2
*Nero burning rom

*make a folder call Roms and place all mame roms files inside. you can only put 30 roms. if the roms are zip leave them like that

*edit the gamelist.txt file with notepad and list, one after the other, the names of your ROM files minus the extension. Make sure to use CAPS

*install and load CDGenPS2. Drag the contents of your PS2Mame folder into the right-hand window of CDGenPS2

*Right click on the file system.cnf you just copied into CDGenPS2. Select (edit) and a dialog box will pop up

*Tick the "Set LBA" box and enter "12231" as the LBA

*CDGenPS2 automatically sets the LBA on the other files for you

*Click the "IMG" button in CDGenPS2. Select a filename and location to save the CD image file to

open up Nero burning rom
*a wizard will pop up and say new compilation close it
*under Recorder on top select Burn Image
*look for the file call imagen
*once you find it burn it on a cd-r
that it use your swap magic cd ver. or modchip to load it

Jum52
*Nero burning rom
*Emulator call jum52_ps2 (http://www.geocities.com/james7780/ )

*Rename your roms to DOS 8.3 format (example pitfall to PITFALL.bin)
*Open up FILES.TXT to edit to match your roms and directories (look at the files.txt for example)
*If you don?t know how to edit it just look at the files.txt and put each rom to it folder. There should be only three folder Romgoods, Roms, Roms2, and Protos.

Open up Nero burning rom
*CD-Rom(UDF/ISO)
*ISO
File name length:Max. of 11=8+3 chars(level 1)
Formant:Mode 2/XA
*Burn
make the speed at least 4x or 8x the most when your done click New
*Romsgood
*Rom
*Rom2
*Protos
*Big
*Dummy
*Files.txt
*J52_auto.elf
*J52_Ntsc.elf
*J52_pal.elf
*Jum52.elf
*sjpcm.irx
*system

Psms 1.2
*Emulator call psms 1.2(http://psms.gamebase.ca/ )
*Simple PEFU you can find it at the same site with psms 1.2
*Nero burning Rom

*To Make it easy make a folder and place your roms in
*Rename your roms to DOS 8.3 format (example ALEXKIDD.SMS
or SONIC.GG are valid 8.3 filenames. You may not have more
than 30 files per directory, so if you have more than 30 roms
you must span them accross several directories (ie, ROMS1\
ROMS2\ ROMS3\ - each of these dirs can hold up to 30 roms). If it too much for you don?t worry simple pefu well did it for you
*Open up Simple Pefu on the left side it say (Source Roms) so look for the folder you made once you find it look at the bottom (Destination Output) pick desktop and save files.txt and there your done making the files .txt and you should have folders call Rom0, Rom1 etc?

Open up Nero burning rom
*CD-Rom(UDF/ISO)
*ISO
File name length:Max. of 11=8+3 chars(level 1)
*Burn
*Rom0
*Rom1 etc?
* PSMS.ELF
*SJPCM.IRX
*FILES.TXT
*SYSTEM.CNF
Once you place them just burn it and use the swap magic CD Ver.. or a modchip to boot

Ps2dc64
here the list you need to have:
*the emulator call ps2dc64 (http://classicgaming.dcemulation.com/ )

*Make a folder call GAMES and place all your roms into that folder and put them in A-Z click left mouse to arrange icons by name.
*Edit GAMES.txt file (look at the file for example)
*once you edit GAMES.txt save it

open the nero burning rom software and setup the setting like this
on the left side choose.
*CD-Rom(UDF/ISO)
*ISO
File name length: max. of 11= 8+3 chars (level one)
*Burn
*GAMES (the folder you made to place the roms in)
*games.txt
*cdvd.irx
*System
*ps2dc64.elf
*sjpcm.irx
*fe. bitmap image
once you place them just burn it and use the sm 3.6 cd ver. or modchip to boot up

DreamSPEC Nero Burning Guide
This emulator works as a Sinclair Spectrum (Zx) emulator for your PS2. It comes with 180+ games, a skinnable frontend, full PAL/NTSC support, and full framerate!

First download DREAMSPECNERO V0.3 .
Unzip using WINZIP.
Double click the Nero DREAMSPEC image
It will load up NERO with all the required settings.
Click WRITE then after its finished use swap magic cd ver. or modchip to boot

Neo Geo Pocket
here the list you need to have:
*the emulator call neopop v0.10(http://ps2emu.dcemu.co.uk/neogeopocket.shtml)

*First place all your roms into the Pdroms make sure there are .npc and .ngp
*Edit Romlist look at how they type it.
*To make it easy for you open up Pdroms and also Romlist. From the Pdroms right click on a rom and click rename and copy and paste it at the romlist don?t forget to add Pdroms\ first and ; at the end and you do this for each rom easy huh
*once you edit romlist save it

Open up Nero burning rom
*CD-Rom(UDF/ISO)
*ISO
File name length: Max of 31 chars(ISO level 2)
*Burn
*Pdroms
*romlist
*Instlist.pbt
*neopop.elf
*install.pbt
*remove.pbt
*run.pbt
*system
Once you place them just burn it and use the sm 3.6 cd ver. or modchip to boot up

Troubleshooting

Imbnes v.1.3.2
Does ImbNES supports game genie codes?
ImbNES 1.3 does support GameGenie codes, to use it, on menu press triangle to enter ImbNES configuration and then choose gamegenie option. Insert the code for the game, then load it.
What mappers are supported on ImbNES?
According to Allan: 0,1,2,3,4,7,9,11,66 and 71.
Version 1.3 added support to mappers 9 (punchout) and 34 (deadly
How do I reset the emulator and return to game selection screen?
Press and hold L1+R1+select+start
When I try to run a game or return to the game list I get a black screen?
Seems like this game isn't supported yet or you have some problem with the emulator.
Try to reset the emulator holding L1+R1+select+start, and if this don't work reset your console.
How can I run ImbNES on PAL or NTSC console/TV?
On game selection screen press L2 or R2 to change between PAL and NTSC operation mode, then run a game.
I've burned the CD but it only spins and nothing happens?
This is probally due to the CD not being well burned.
There are a lot of ways to burn cds, and sometimes depending on your software/hardware only one of them works. Try different ways to burn it, and remember to burn it at 1 or 2X.
Does 700MB/80min CDs work on PSX?
Yes, but PSX can only read about 610MB/71min from a cd, so, if you respect this limit, it will run without problems.
I'm getting major graphics problems on ImbNES1.1 when I try to play it on my PS2. What is happenening?
Version 1.2b of ImbNES may have grafic problems when played on the PS2. Use ImbNES 1.3 that is better and supports menu in PS2.
I saved the game and reseted my Playstation and I have no save?
For saving from SRAM to memory card you must first save in the game then you shold press L1+R1+SELECT+START to reset the game. A screen will appear asking you to press:
CIRCLE to save the SRAM to memory card X to cancel and do not save, just reset TRIANGLE+SQUARE to delete de SRAM on memory card for this game
Can I save on memory card1? How many blocks do I need?
Please notice that the saves will be stored on memory card 1 only and each save requires a save block.
I have a PS2, can I use a PS2 memory card with ImbNES?
No, you must use a PSX memory card on your PS2 to save games in ImbNES
How do I change buttons in ImbNES?
In ImbNES menu, press triangle to enter options, choose button config, then press the buttons you want when asked.
How to I turn on/off turbo?
In key configuration you can choose a turbo-switcher button for A and B buttons, by default those are triangle for B and circle for A. Press those keys to swtich between no-turno, fast-turno, normal-turbo and slow-turbo.

Snes-Station v2.3
runs slow or laggy, what can I do to fix this?
There is only one possible fix for this, and that is to use the SNES-Station options menu to disable sound.
When I load SNES-Station using the swap method, all I see is a plain red or black screen. What am I doing wrong?
This is a known problem with the emulator, the current fix for this is to get the current version of CDLoader, use your swap disc to load CDLoader, then use CDLoader to load SNES-Station
Some/all of my ROMs display in black and white with no sound, What's wrong?
This is due to the TV format of the game, and the TV format of your TV being incompatible. You can fix this by forcing to PAL or NTSC depending on the native video format of your TV.
I was wondering if Snes-Station handles .7z files?No you must unzip them use winrar to unzip them.
I want to save a game how can I do it While playing a game if you want to save press L1 and R1 press SRAM saves to be saved to your PS2 memory card.
When SNES Station runs its disclaimer and menu mode, there is sound, though when playing a game there is no sound. This occured after the 3rd or 4th time running the emulator.If you want in Game sound you must put it on in the options menu.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 8. May 2008 @ 09:55

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. June 2006 @ 16:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Great guide Theend, this is gonna help a grip of ppl. Sticky, perhaps?

AfterDawn Addict
_
9. June 2006 @ 16:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nice guide! I'm going to be lazy and not use the search function and ask you instead cos I've read quite a few of your guides on emulators for use with PS2... :p

Since you can't load PS1 games with HDLoader/HDAdvance because they use the same chip (or something like that... can't remember exactly what it was now, it's been a while since I read about this), do you know if anyone's working on a PS1 emulator for use on PS2 (I'm fairly sure that the answer is not but just need to confirm)? Because that would, theoretically, solve the problem of not being able to play PS1 games using HDLoader...?

Forum rules: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
Burning/ripping CD/DVD games: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/353503
Copying game saves from PC to PS2 using uLaunchELF: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/366481
Playing games from HDD using HDLoader: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/369291
_
9. June 2006 @ 17:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
do you mean by installing a psone emulator to HDLoader/HDAdvance for the ps2 and loading a game without using Breaker Pro or action replay(psone disc) to boot up?

AfterDawn Addict
_
9. June 2006 @ 17:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yep :) At the moment I just use my Matrix Infinity to load PS1 games, but obviously it'll be nice if there's a PS1 emulator so a HDD can be used for PS1 games

Forum rules: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
Burning/ripping CD/DVD games: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/353503
Copying game saves from PC to PS2 using uLaunchELF: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/366481
Playing games from HDD using HDLoader: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/369291
_
10. June 2006 @ 21:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I added NeoPop/ps2 guide here

AfterDawn Addict
_
10. June 2006 @ 21:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
haha thx theend, now i dont have to PM u asking about it lol

_
16. June 2006 @ 20:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I added link to each emulators and Troubleshooting for Imbnes and Snes I will add more to them and also the other emulator when I have time

AfterDawn Addict
_
16. June 2006 @ 20:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Once again, great work. Have you requested a sticky yet? You deserve one:)

_
16. June 2006 @ 20:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes svtstang it sticky already

AfterDawn Addict
_
16. June 2006 @ 20:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
REALLY!!!! Congrats, u really deserve it:)

_
16. June 2006 @ 20:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thank you svtstang I hope this guide will be useful

AfterDawn Addict
_
16. June 2006 @ 21:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Trust me, its extremely useful. Hope u dont mind, added u to my buddy list:)

_
17. June 2006 @ 04:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
very nice gonna do a few of these over the weekend thanks
AfterDawn Addict
_
17. June 2006 @ 11:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Are Neo Geo pocket and NeoCD emu's worth the time? Was thinking about making a compilation, but is the emulation decent enough?

_
17. June 2006 @ 16:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Neocd/PS2 has a good speed but no background music and Neo Geo pocket run about 85% of roms

AfterDawn Addict
_
17. June 2006 @ 17:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well, still sounds not that great, but its worth a shot!!! Thx theend:)

lupinteh
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
20. June 2006 @ 17:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have PGEN and for some reason it won't run on my PS2. It runs fine on my PS2 emulator so I know it plays. All other backups and imports work, just not PGEN. I get a "Not a valid PS2 disc" on my Swap Magic 3.6 Plus. Any solutions? Oh, and I'm using YT discs so it can't be the media.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. June 2006 @ 17:39

AfterDawn Addict
_
20. June 2006 @ 17:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@theend, minor comment:
Quote:
Are roms legal?Yes roms are legal copyrighted so don't request roms
Just read through and that caught my eye:)

_
20. June 2006 @ 18:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
lupinteh are you burning it on a dvd? what version are you using Nero?

when using Nero look at the settings if you see DVD-Rom(ISO) do not choose that one it should be DVD-Rom(UDF/ISO)

_
20. June 2006 @ 18:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
svtstang sorry just have to add that because I don't want to get in trouble

AfterDawn Addict
_
20. June 2006 @ 18:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No, I meant it says "Are roms legal....Yes", when i read it, it sounds like you are saying that roms are legal. I know they arn not and know you also know that. Just the way that statement reads threw me off.

_
20. June 2006 @ 18:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
svtstang I fix it what do you think?

AfterDawn Addict
_
20. June 2006 @ 19:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thats perfect, sorry if i was an ass, didnt mean any disrespect:)

Advertisement
_
__

_
_
20. June 2006 @ 19:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
that ok svtstang if I made an error ask me so that I may correct it but thanks svtstang

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. June 2006 @ 19:12

Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > guide for all emulators for the ps2

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork