User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 22:34
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - games > games with real gamepad support.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Games with real gamepad support.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
s3a
Suspended permanently
_
19. August 2006 @ 12:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks, tycobb for clearing that up.

If I insult you...don't get offended...my insults are "friendly insults"...I know this sounds stupid (ridiculous) but I am fet up of writing, "no offense" in my posts...

My Comp: (will add specs later)
Advertisement
_
__
Gravyboy
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
23. August 2006 @ 18:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
None of the hitman's support gamepads including the new and wildly popular hitman :bloodmoney.I wish hit man did because it would make it a hell of alot easier.Graw too.
I use Pinnacle Game Profiler to play Hitman with my 360 gamepad, it works pretty good. :) I use it with some of my other games too that don't have gamepad support of their own. Check it out - http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/
_
23. August 2006 @ 18:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That's just more emulation software(as explained).It next to native gamepad support would get smoked.Not to mention most gamepads come with emulation software free and pinnacle profiler software is $20.I don't recommend any emulation software.But for games that don't have gameoad support it's the only option so go for it.I have to do the same thing for non supported games.

pc games with gamepad support by tycobb.
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/360823
_
9. September 2006 @ 19:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
star wars battlefront 2 has gamepad support
_
9. September 2006 @ 22:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks I did some research and apparently part 1 does too!.I will have to pick this one up afterall.Games added.

Sheld
_
19. September 2006 @ 12:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ive got a Logitech Dual Action gamepad! and for sum reason it wont be recognised by my Extra mame application! has any one got a step by step explanation to help me out please!
AE27
_
19. September 2006 @ 19:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Lego Star Wars 1 & 2

Dont let the door hit you on the way out, beacause I dont want ass prints on my new door!
_
19. September 2006 @ 21:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@Sheld That's a great pad to have.The nature of emulators is so variable.There are literally thousands of mame like emulators out there.Some support gamepads while some don't but more frustrating is the fact that they all support certain gamepads while others aren't supported(similar to commercial games now).This makes it hard to know if your particular gamepad is supported.I'm not sure about your specific emu but it may not support gamepads at all or you may have to tinker with the control settings.

@AE27 thank you, games added. **edit** hmm on second thought...I went to add the games but should they be action games or rpg's? I'll leave it up to you to decide.Gamespot and some others have it an action game but I think it's more of an rpg.I'll put it in action for the moment.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. September 2006 @ 21:14

Sheld
_
19. September 2006 @ 21:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
some one told me tht i'd have to go on input game devices and change it there but im not sure how?
_
19. September 2006 @ 22:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Sheld
_
19. September 2006 @ 22:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
wht is the actual comand prompts though?
_
19. September 2006 @ 22:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
First off the third link is only if you did the second link and it did not work.

Ok now that's out of the way, you can go into the mame.ini file which is the easiest way.Now I don't have this but it should be located in the extra mame directory folder To find it:click start>my computer>c drive letter>program files>then find the mame folder it should be in there.

If not it's prolly in the my documents folder.

edit the reason I say to do the ini file is because once you save it it's permanent and you won't have to mess with it every time you want to play.Don't forget to save! Just do save NOT "save as".

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. September 2006 @ 23:00

Sheld
_
20. September 2006 @ 14:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
THX DUDE!
_
20. September 2006 @ 20:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No problem, come back if you need any help :)

I should have said the ini file isn't always called ini it can be called settings,configuration etc but it looks like you fixed it anyways.Happy gaming

_
26. September 2006 @ 14:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@tycobb,I'm a little new at this, does the game say anywhere on the package that you can use a gamepad or a joystick before you buy?? thanks
_
1. October 2006 @ 12:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hmm well im not sure about that one honestly, but before you buy the game, i would just refer to tycobb or do some research.

emachine
_
6. October 2006 @ 07:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is the 360 now supported directly by most pc games now adays?
rsj33733
_
8. October 2006 @ 21:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
<gravyboy> thanks for that link. i try the profiler and it works great. they just need to rewrite the directions because it very confusing.i spent 3 days ( off and on) trying to figure it out. i just started messing with the software until i figure out how to map the buttons. but the software work good. some body needs to start a post listing games (fps) that dont reqire a million dollar notebook to play. i have a simple dell 1405 with an intergrated video card and i been having a ball playing fps. i cant play everything out there but i can play some. some games i cant play. do anybody know where theres a list or post for this info. if not then i guest ill have to start a list. gaming on the cheap. how does that sound?

rsj33733
gamer_bob
_
22. October 2006 @ 11:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Tomb Raider Chronicles, Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness, and Tomb Raider the Last Revelation on PC all support controllers.
gamer_bob
_
22. October 2006 @ 11:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Tony Hawk 4 supports controllers/gamepads too
gamer_bob
_
22. October 2006 @ 11:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oh and Tony Hawk 3 also supports controllers/gamepads.

According to allgame.com Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear on PC supports controllers/gamepads though i have not personally played it or its sequals. I know for sure that the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell games on PC DO NOT support controllers/gamepads.
jing101
_
6. January 2007 @ 07:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok............you can also use that controller for emulators...........which is really cool
_
6. January 2007 @ 14:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Anyone know why pro evo soccer 6 only detects 1 controller?
im using a ps2 control pad with a superbox 3 adapter.
for the other one its a logitech precision controller.

i would appreciate some help here,

Thanks
<*_*>

SpykeZ
_
8. January 2007 @ 01:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Dreamfall: The longest Journey 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Switchfire
Flatout 2
Indigo Prophecy
Trackmania United
Advertisement
_
__

_
SpykeZ
_
8. January 2007 @ 01:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by emachine:
Is the 360 now supported directly by most pc games now adays?
yes, I haven't played a game yet that the 360 pad didnt work awsome. Marvel UA's support is superb...

afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - games > games with real gamepad support.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork