User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 04:34
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - games > games with real gamepad support.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Games with real gamepad support.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Page:1234Next >
_
2. July 2006 @ 05:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
*******sticky this*******

Hi, I wanted to make a list of gamepad supported PC games.This means real gamepad support, not emulated with software.These games should feel just like a console game(some are better than others).I don't list the gamepads supported because it changes from game to game but you can go to the game website and or view the read me just google it.

In most cases you won't have to map any button just plug and play.Some of these however will have an in-game editor in the options and controls screen.

I will continually update this list.

action games:
*the godfather
*Gun
*tomb raider legend
*halo
*xmen the official game
*onimusha 3
*dynasty warriors 4 hyper
*gta : san andreas
*simpsons hit & run
*devil may cry 3 (special edition)
*prince of persia 2 :warrior within
*prince of persia 3 :the two throwns
*metal gear solid
*metal gear solid 2 :substance
*The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay(you need the patch for it to support the gamepads)
*Star Wars Battlefront 1&2
*Lego star wars 1&2

survival and horror
*FEAR
*resident evil 4(coming soon)
*silent hill 2
*silent hill 3
*silent hill 4 :the room

sports and sims:
*cars
*Most EA sports games
*blazing angels :squadrons of ww2
*pacific fighters
*heroes of the pacific

platformers :
*psychonauts
*Ice age : the meltdown
*over the hedge

Rpg:
*Xmen legends
*xmen legends rise of apocalypse

<EDIT> I want everyone to know that this started on afterdawn.com.I have seen a few game sites that have copied and pasted my guide to their site.That's fine but at least include my username.There is no guide on the entire net unless it spawned from here.I looked for 2 years before finally creating my own.I have hand tested over one hundred games and other users have also contributed.

pc games with gamepad support by tycobb.
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/360823

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. September 2006 @ 21:16

Advertisement
_
__
_
2. July 2006 @ 06:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Any input is cool.Just don't bring trash here.

Have I made a mistake?
Would you like to add a game?
Comments?
suggestions?
_
26. July 2006 @ 11:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i think this is very handy! causewhen i buy..or "acquire" a game it will make it easier...to see if it will pick up my game pad :P

_
26. July 2006 @ 11:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
is hitman 2 silent assassin compatable?

AE27
_
26. July 2006 @ 15:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Prince of Persia 2 Thrones
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance

Yes these are PC games

Dont let the door hit you on the way out, beacause I dont want ass prints on my new door!
_
27. July 2006 @ 09:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
None of the hitman's support gamepads including the new and wildly popular hitman :bloodmoney.I wish hit man did because it would make it a hell of alot easier.Graw too.

Yes prince of persia I knew that and don't know how I missed it.I had that feeling like I had forgot something or left something back at the house you know? I still have it.The two throwns is actually part 3 but they both have pad support so it doesn't matter.Thank you all for your help with this guide.Keep it coming.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. July 2006 @ 09:10

_
27. July 2006 @ 10:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hmm cool thanks tycobb. but well.. you know that all emulators support gamepads :P makes it the hell of a lot easier for N64 games....geesh.

_
27. July 2006 @ 15:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes. I do want to make it clear that the emulators pepsimaxx is reffering to are not the emulated software I was refering to.So as to not confuse people.

Most console emulators have gamepad support because the games they are emulating were played on consoles.These on my list however are pc games.The emulator software I was refering to is the software that came with the gamepad and as most of you already know it sucks.You will die.

When compairing the software that came with the gamepad with this native gamepad support via directx on my list.The native support wins hands down.The emulator software try's to emulate the keyboard and mouse but fail because a mouse does not work like a analog joystick.The result is you getting creamed in first player and especially online.

AE27
_
27. July 2006 @ 15:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Even though its not out yet, Resident Evil 4 for the PC

Dont let the door hit you on the way out, beacause I dont want ass prints on my new door!
_
27. July 2006 @ 15:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah I have the other ports from capcom

devil may cry 3 and onimusha 3,I figured re4 would have it but wasn't sure.Added.

_
27. July 2006 @ 20:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
shhhhhhhtickied :)

My killer sig came courtesy of bb "El Jefe" mayo.
The Forum Rules You Agreed To! http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
"And there we saw the giants, and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight" - Numbers 13:33
_
27. July 2006 @ 20:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Big thanks to nephilim for the sticky.I have a feeling this will help many and give my pm's a rest as well.

mark5hs
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
1. August 2006 @ 04:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
cronicles of riddick escape from butcher bay supports a gamepad if you patch it

X2 3800, A8n deluxe motherboard, 7800GT, Xion 2 case
2GB Patriot DDR 400, Audigy 2 ZS gamer, 400GB SATA RAID 0
games Im looking forward to: bioshock, SSBB, enemy territory quake wars, halo 3
currently playing: command and conquer 3, supreme commander, counter strike, shivering isles
s3a
Suspended permanently
_
6. August 2006 @ 15:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What is this talk about patches? Is it possible to make a game with no gamepad support a gamepad (360 controller for pc)?? By the way, right now, on the 360 remotes for the 360, it doesnt say this but in the past it said "download something to make it work on pc" and it costs 50$ where I live (the remote/not wireless) and the one for PC which costs 60$ works on PC and 360 just like the other one? Are they the same exact thing except that the PC version just has 100 pounds of manuals that I will never read?

If I insult you...don't get offended...my insults are "friendly insults"...I know this sounds stupid (ridiculous) but I am fet up of writing, "no offense" in my posts...

My Comp: (will add specs later)
_
6. August 2006 @ 16:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You only need a patch for that game chronicles of riddick.I think it's great they put out a patch ,it shows the company is supporting us :)

The ones on this list are games without software emulation and I already explained it.It's WAY better.Good luck hitting anything without it.The 360 pc gamepad is a good controller because companies are supporting it.

No the big difference between the 360 one and the 360 pc one is that the developers of xbox360 games program it into the game, pc games on the other hand are meant for keyhoard and mouse.So if your asking can you just plug an 360 pc controller into your pc and it will work just like an xbox360 controller the answer is no, unless it's one of the games on this list.Hence the need for a list.

@mark5hs thank you.That was one I truley didn't know about and it's a really popular game,If anyone needs help finding the patch just ask.Game added.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. August 2006 @ 16:42

s3a
Suspended permanently
_
6. August 2006 @ 20:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
tycobb, no...not just plug the 360 controller in just like that...you have to go to microsoft's page and download a certain driver and then it will work...it even was written on the box of the controller!! (not the PC version) now...well...they took off the writing...

If I insult you...don't get offended...my insults are "friendly insults"...I know this sounds stupid (ridiculous) but I am fet up of writing, "no offense" in my posts...

DrThunder
_
6. August 2006 @ 22:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The original metal gear solid has gamepad support.
_
7. August 2006 @ 04:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@s3a It doesn't matter if the game developers don't hand write the code into the game itself.Any peice of hardware has a driver it means nothing.Yeah they all say it on the box go ahead and try playing cod2 with your controller without mapping the buttons.Then come back here and tell me what happened.

@DrThunder thank you I will do some research and get right on it.

GaMeZrUlE
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
7. August 2006 @ 05:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
doesn't Quake 3 arena support real gamepad support???

_
7. August 2006 @ 06:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@DrThunder ok your right ***game added***

@GaMeZrUlE No and the quake series will probably never have gamepad support without 3rd party software.Sorry :(

AE27
_
9. August 2006 @ 20:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Silent Hill 2, 3, and The Room

s3a
Suspended permanently
_
10. August 2006 @ 05:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
These links helped me alot in understanding the Xbox 360 Controller for PC:

1. http://reviews.cnet.com/Microsoft_Xbox_360_Controller/4864-10110_...

2. http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/549915.html

P.S.
Do not buy the 360 controller for PC!!!!! It is the same as the wired 360 controller that is for...well...the 360...except that it is more expensive and it does not include the driver (which can easily be downloaded for free and legaly on Microsoft's website)!

P.S. #2
I just need to ask...why do the boxes for 360 controllers (not pc version) not say download the driver from [the link] anymore? They still are the same, right? I ask because the links Ihave read might be old, etc.

Hope I helped!..and I hope someone can also help me by answering my P.S. #2!

Thanks, in advance...

_
10. August 2006 @ 05:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok guys I added a new section for horror games and added the silent hill series.I also was looking around and saw that "cars" supports gamepads so I added that as well.

@s3a the driver is still available from microsoft.It's just a driver and emulation software nothing special since all gamepads have this.That maybe the reason for taking it off the box because if it's usb and can be used on the pc then it must have a driver.

I'm willing to bet that you don't have to download the driver anymore.Windows update will automatically install the driver and vista will come pre installed with the driver.Even my logitech dual action required no downloading &no disc's.It was "plug and play".Most gamepads have that along with an emulation software disc.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. August 2006 @ 05:52

s3a
Suspended permanently
_
11. August 2006 @ 21:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:"@s3a the driver is still available from microsoft.It's just a driver and emulation software nothing special since all gamepads have this.That maybe the reason for taking it off the box because if it's usb and can be used on the pc then it must have a driver."
_____
What do you mean? Are you telling me the 360 controller for the 360 will not perform equally well as the one for pc? The 360 controller does have better compatibility with pc games than other gamepads from logitech, etc, right?

P.S.
Can someone help me find (in canada) a steering wheel with 3 pedals, realisticly turning wheel, and a 6 gear changer that is realistic (not just up and down) like the Gran Turismo 4 steering wheel by logitech for PS2, except much cheaper and for PC?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. August 2006 @ 21:44

Advertisement
_
__

_
_
12. August 2006 @ 13:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
What do you mean? Are you telling me the 360 controller for the 360 will not perform equally well as the one for pc?
I mean the developers have to program it into the pc game in order for it to be gamepad compatible.With 360 they have to program it in because that's the way they are controlled on the 360.With pc games they design them to work with keyboard and mouse NOT a gamepad but some select games have gamepad support namely the ones in this list.
Quote:
The 360 controller does have better compatibility with pc games than other gamepads from logitech, etc, right?
No not really I have found logitech to be the most compatible with games.It's up to the developers which pads they support.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. August 2006 @ 13:28

Page:1234Next >
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - games > games with real gamepad support.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork