User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 05:15
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - games > games with real gamepad support.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Games with real gamepad support.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
12. January 2007 @ 12:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thank u

R Arvind.
Advertisement
_
__
slubber
_
16. January 2007 @ 04:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Two that work and two that don't

Works 100%

Snoopy vs. The Red Baron (Namco)

FIFA 2007 (EASports)

Two that do not
NHL 2007 demo (EASports): tons of screen flickering when using the gamepad

Cars demo (Disney Interactive)
_
9. March 2007 @ 09:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by tycobb:
*******sticky this*******

Hi, I wanted to make a list of gamepad supported PC games.This means real gamepad support, not emulated with software.These games should feel just like a console game(some are better than others).I don't list the gamepads supported because it changes from game to game but you can go to the game website and or view the read me just google it.

In most cases you won't have to map any button just plug and play.Some of these however will have an in-game editor in the options and controls screen.

I will continually update this list.

action games:
*the godfather
*Gun
*tomb raider legend
*halo
*xmen the official game
*onimusha 3
*dynasty warriors 4 hyper
*gta : san andreas
*simpsons hit & run
*devil may cry 3 (special edition)
*prince of persia 2 :warrior within
*prince of persia 3 :the two throwns
*metal gear solid
*metal gear solid 2 :substance
*The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay(you need the patch for it to support the gamepads)
*Star Wars Battlefront 1&2
*Lego star wars 1&2

survival and horror
*FEAR
*resident evil 4(coming soon)
*silent hill 2
*silent hill 3
*silent hill 4 :the room

sports and sims:
*cars
*Most EA sports games
*blazing angels :squadrons of ww2
*pacific fighters
*heroes of the pacific

platformers :
*psychonauts
*Ice age : the meltdown
*over the hedge

Rpg:
*Xmen legends
*xmen legends rise of apocalypse

<EDIT> I want everyone to know that this started on afterdawn.com.I have seen a few game sites that have copied and pasted my guide to their site.That's fine but at least include my username.There is no guide on the entire net unless it spawned from here.I looked for 2 years before finally creating my own.I have hand tested over one hundred games and other users have also contributed.
Alright, Ive had some problems with the control pads, I have two, one wireless and the other basic logitech usb ps2 looking paddle, well anyways everything is backwards when using the wireless, aka 1 = 2 3 =4 and vice versa, also in Scarface, when you save then die it will continually make two buttons the same ie. button one and two will be claimed as 1, the only way to fix it is re-load your game with your controller unplugged, go to the bank and save it, reload it then re-map your controller, its a real pain in the ass.

maybe its because I installed the wireless second that the keys are different, im not sure, but the scarface happens with both paddles.

*adding two games to list
Reservoir dogs and Scarface

also, battlefront two isnt the greatest for gamepad support. Also, I'd trash all your logitech gamepads, all the newer games are gonna be compatible with the 360 usb controller

Paying for software is for noobs
SpykeZ
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
10. March 2007 @ 06:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've noticed tycobb doesn't update anymore so some months ago I took it over on another forum, and the list has gotten quite bigger. so if you want to add any join up there and I'll take care of it. Credit was given to the original maker for the games he did find out too :D

http://www.nforce.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?p=515277#515277

I'll keep an eye on this thread as well to add any games posted.
IgorekK
_
13. April 2007 @ 18:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I would like to clear here some info about gamepad support . I have xbox360 gamepad here is the list of games that I played :

1.Psychonauts - even after it does support gamepad it doesn't work natively with xbox360 gamepad , however you can get XBCD drivers and work around this problem.

2.Indigo Prophecy(My favorite game) - doesn't work natively with xbox360 gamepad , again XBCD drivers will fix this problem and you even get rumble.

3.Prince of Percia both (Warrior Within and Two Trones) last supports rumble and they both work perfectly with xbox360 gamepad.

4. Rainbow Six Las Vegas - works perfectly with the same gamepad however no rumble.I like play this game with gamepad then keyboard and mouse , i think because they port it from xbox360 .

5. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - works almoust natively however to get both trigers working you need Pinnacle Game Profiler . They have one perfect profile for this game .

6. Splinter Cell Double Agent - works natively and you get rumble.

7. Need for Speed Most Wanted - it does work but not natively and you know after so many attempts i found easy way to play this game by buying this game for xbox360.

8. Rayman Raving Rabbids - newest game works with xbox360 gamepad natively however ,no rumble funny game though.

9. Halo - yes it does working , no rumble.

10. GTA San Andreas - I found impossible to play witn xbox360 gamepad , however it did work with NIKO Airflow.

11. The Matrix Path of Neo - I have no idea what developers were thinking just don't buy this game , no gamepad support and game by itself ...... well better i watch dvd.

12. Dreamfall Longest Journey - yes it does working .

13. Broken Sword Sleeping Dragon - works only if you have Pinnacle.

14. Microsoft Flight Simulator X - it works natively but what's wrong with rumble it does work only when you crash.

15. Oblivion - well it doesn't work with at least xbox360 gamepad yea i know it does support but try to play for me it didn't work even with Pinnacle . I know some guys did configure this , i didn't . If you wanna play it with gamepad just buy xbox360 version .

I could miss something though.
IgorekK
_
13. April 2007 @ 18:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
There is some addition:

Metal Gear Solid 2 : Substance - no it does not work , at least with xbox360 gamepad.

Devil May Cry 3 (Special Edition) - gimme a break , well at least it doesn't work with xbox360 gamepad , and where is exit button , worst game ever !!!!!!!
SpykeZ
_
13. April 2007 @ 19:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'll be sure to update my thread over at nforce. Thanks guys
SpykeZ
_
4. May 2007 @ 02:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
added more games to the list. be sure to check em out :D
georgeriv
_
19. May 2007 @ 13:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a quick question. I owe Onimusha 3 and I have a gamepad that works with it. But I can't seem to configure the buttons. The booklet says to hit F2 but everything I try that, nothing happens. Any ideas?
SpykeZ
_
19. May 2007 @ 14:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by georgeriv:
I have a quick question. I owe Onimusha 3 and I have a gamepad that works with it. But I can't seem to configure the buttons. The booklet says to hit F2 but everything I try that, nothing happens. Any ideas?
http://www.xpadder.com/

Gamepad Supported Games (Updated May 19 2007)

1 product review
_
21. May 2007 @ 13:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Wow, nice app, XPadder. I've had a bunch of crappy game pad work arounds that have never worked. This one looks promising :)

PSP: m33 3.90
DS: /w Passcard 3 and M3 Movie Player
Nonmodded: SNES, Sega Genesis, PS1,PS2,GB(P,C,A),Xbox360
georgeriv
_
21. May 2007 @ 17:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well, I used xpadder and it's a great app but there is still a problem. I used it to set up my gamepad the way I wanted but, when I tried to use it in Onimusha 3, there seems to be a conflict. Some of the buttons were remapped and some were still what the game automatically assigned, making for some interesting gameplay. I have two different buttons to attack but none to face the enemy. Also, while holding the block button for a few seconds, my map comes up. Any ideas on how to correct this?
SpykeZ
_
22. May 2007 @ 11:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by georgeriv:
Well, I used xpadder and it's a great app but there is still a problem. I used it to set up my gamepad the way I wanted but, when I tried to use it in Onimusha 3, there seems to be a conflict. Some of the buttons were remapped and some were still what the game automatically assigned, making for some interesting gameplay. I have two different buttons to attack but none to face the enemy. Also, while holding the block button for a few seconds, my map comes up. Any ideas on how to correct this?
not entirely sure. I would assume theres an option that you could use to disable the gamepad so it doesn't detect it. Sad thing is though, those Playstation ports are done horribly.

georgeriv
_
22. May 2007 @ 20:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Unfortuantely, the game automatically detects the gamepad.
Culley
_
29. May 2007 @ 05:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I use the Logitech RumblePad gamepad. Recently switched from the Wired to the Wireless. I quite like it.

One other game to add to this list is Jade Empire: Special Edition.

I, too, wish more games offered a gamepad option. I don't like having to rest against a surface to use a mouse. And, most trackballs (which I find better for gaming anyway) are too big and bulky to hold.

It's why I like the wireless gamepad. Independent mobility.

In addition to Xpadder, Pinnacle offers a similar product. Xpadder's is freeware, though, so...

Good list, thanks!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. May 2007 @ 05:28

SpykeZ
_
29. May 2007 @ 15:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the list here isn't updated anymore. check out the list I got going in my sig.

davidrose
_
3. June 2007 @ 17:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Tomb Raider Anniversary works perfect with 360 controllers and has rumble working, great playing this game with that controller.
EDITED
My browser messed with this post

Sorry for the triple clicks (posts) it is fixed now, just installed Vista and it's a bit skippy.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. June 2007 @ 17:53

davidrose
_
3. June 2007 @ 17:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
MISHAP

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. June 2007 @ 17:55

davidrose
_
3. June 2007 @ 17:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Tomb Raider Anniversary works perfect with 360 controllers and has rumble working, great playing this game with that controller. Thanks for the list.
deko10
_
16. September 2007 @ 09:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Anybody knows if there is a way to play on mamae32 with a joypad/gamepad instead of the second player?
_
25. January 2008 @ 13:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
crysis has excelent gamepad support if you want to do that although the driving controls are a little weird
and gears of war which makes it a xbox clone w/ rumble support i might add

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. January 2008 @ 13:37

gassorr
_
26. January 2008 @ 12:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, this might not be 'true' gamepad support, but it is the best tool I have ever found to map your gamepad.
Xpadder

Compatible with Xinput and you can switch to four different layouts on one pad.

I mapped Timeshift on it and Hitman, and it works really well.

Ontopic:
Games that support Xinput (you have to have a xbox360 controller for windows or something like a Logitech chillstream)
Notably:

Lost Planet: Extreme condition (difficult but awesome)
Crysis
Overlord
Bioshock
Halo 2
DiRT

More here.

I found those games, worthed to buy a chillstream, and kick back and relax.

:)

hi
_
27. January 2008 @ 13:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
another very good programs for mapping is pinnacle game profiler, they also have pre made ones on the website that are specially made for certain games
http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/
it is shareware, but you can get it forever if you really want
wow i am stupid several people already wrote about it but this post is still usful for the link...
or not just found the link here before my post sry for reapeatingstuff

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. January 2008 @ 13:38

gttdi
_
17. April 2008 @ 09:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ive got a Logitech Dual Action gamepad! and for sum reason it wont be recognised by my Extra mame application! has any one got a step by step explanation to help me out please
Advertisement
_
__

_
ALI_101
_
8. August 2008 @ 09:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi guys, i have a logitech precision gamepad, would anyone be kind enough to tell me which of the above games listed will support the use of the logitech precision?

afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - games > games with real gamepad support.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork