User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 23:25
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > nintendo gamecube - general discussion > soft-mod tutorial: how to play backups with only sd media launcher + extra info
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Soft-Mod Tutorial: How to play backups with only SD Media Launcher + Extra Info
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
18. February 2007 @ 03:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you can find a gamebit cheap on amazon.com, and as I said, go to an electronics store, like radioshack and get a multimeter, I got mine off ebay for $1 + $8 s&h

link for gamebit on amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-SNES-GAME...s=miscellaneous

link for multimeter:
http://cgi.ebay.com/DIGITAL-MULTIMETER-N...1QQcmdZViewItem

ps2 v7 with matrix infinity and 160gb hdd
pioneer a05 dvd-rw
Nero Burning Rom
Windows XP Pro
psp with 3.40oe-a custom firmware
Gamecube with SD Media launcher, SD Gecko, and Action Replay.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. February 2007 @ 03:36

Advertisement
_
__
NooobFTW
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
18. February 2007 @ 03:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey thanks , but i have GOOD news...

I found someone that can do it for me! :)..

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. February 2007 @ 03:56

_
18. February 2007 @ 06:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by NooobFTW:
Hey thanks , but i have GOOD news...

Congrats! I hope it all works out for you.

pioneer a05 dvd-rw
Nero Burning Rom
Windows XP Pro
NooobFTW
_
18. February 2007 @ 07:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
[quote=NooobFTW]Hey thanks , but i have GOOD news...

Quote:

Congrats! I hope it all works out for you.
I hope...
But still i believe that a modchip would have been a lot easier(well , for someone expert)...because you dont have to tweak the laser(lol,dont tell me that you have to tweak the laser even on a chipped GC...sounds crazy..)..

edit:
My friend will do it today , at 20:00 :)...i want the console ready...
Btw , the case replacement is easy right?..because i'll do it alone when i order the case..

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. February 2007 @ 07:19

_
18. February 2007 @ 07:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
even with a modchip there are chances that you'd still have to tweak the laser.

pioneer a05 dvd-rw
Nero Burning Rom
Windows XP Pro
broie
_
18. February 2007 @ 08:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey is tweaking the laser absolutly necssary like ok i kno they will load better if u do but it is optional right?
_
18. February 2007 @ 14:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by broie:
hey is tweaking the laser absolutly necssary like ok i kno they will load better if u do but it is optional right?
the laser only has to be tweaking if your gamecube won't read your backups. Any only then, after you've tried several different brands of mini dvds. Some people haven't had to tweak their laser to get backups to run, yet they may have to tweak it later on as the laser looses power when running backups, it's the same for all consoles.

pioneer a05 dvd-rw
Nero Burning Rom
Windows XP Pro
NooobFTW
_
19. February 2007 @ 03:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
We couldnt open it...
My friend has a lot(i mean it) of screws , but we couldnt open it..
So , if i get this:
http://www.modchipstore.com/GameBit-4-5m...TG16-16243.html

I'll be able to open the console...right?

Also , because i want to change the case (i dont like mini-dvds :), you think that this:
http://www.modchipstore.com/Team-Xecuter...case-16285.html
will work?

And , is it easy to change the case?

_
19. February 2007 @ 03:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
We couldnt open it...
My friend has a lot(i mean it) of screws , but we couldnt open it..
So , if i get this:
http://www.modchipstore.com/GameBit-4-5m...TG16-16243.html

I'll be able to open the console...right?

Also , because i want to change the case (i dont like mini-dvds :), you think that this:
http://www.modchipstore.com/Team-Xecuter...case-16285.html
will work?

And , is it easy to change the case?
I already told you you need a gamebit to open the console, although the one on that link is 'out of stock'. And yes, the icedcube case will work for fullsized dvds and it's not TOO hard to change the case, it does require a bit of work though.

pioneer a05 dvd-rw
Nero Burning Rom
Windows XP Pro
NooobFTW
_
19. February 2007 @ 04:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
And you were right...we just wanted to try...
Btw , i found were i can get the gamebit..

_
19. February 2007 @ 05:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
And you were right...we just wanted to try...
Btw , i found were i can get the gamebit..
congrats! I'm still waiting on my gamebit and multimeter, and then it's backup time!! ;)

pioneer a05 dvd-rw
Nero Burning Rom
Windows XP Pro
ttocs230
_
19. February 2007 @ 11:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is there any way that the emulator and Rom play from this can be added to the OP, I'm having trouble even getting the emulators to run on the cube, I think the laser might be the problems with backups...help please...
SiK520
_
21. February 2007 @ 08:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for an excellent guide Kenohki!

Wulfie what do you plan to make your final Ohms setting? It's optimal in the 170-210 range for backups right?
_
21. February 2007 @ 09:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by SiK520:

Wulfie what do you plan to make your final Ohms setting? It's optimal in the 170-210 range for backups right?
yes, 170-210 is optimal, mine just worked out at 180 ;)

pioneer a05 dvd-rw
Nero Burning Rom
Windows XP Pro
ttocs230
_
21. February 2007 @ 10:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can anyone answer my question a few posts up please...thanks.
Kenohki
_
21. February 2007 @ 16:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by SiK520:
I really appreciate the Comment! =)
Kenohki
_
21. February 2007 @ 16:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ttocs230:
Is there any way that the emulator and Rom play from this can be added to the OP, I'm having trouble even getting the emulators to run on the cube, I think the laser might be the problems with backups...help please...
I don't know how to run emulators on the gamecube 100%... I am sorry about this, but if I find anything at all I will tell you.
_
22. February 2007 @ 03:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
anyone know if it's possible to play PAL games on an NTSC system with this method?

pioneer a05 dvd-rw
Nero Burning Rom
Windows XP Pro
onlyatry
_
23. February 2007 @ 13:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
inquiry. i own a japanese gamecube and a usa wii. is there a specific copy of sd media launcher i should be seeking to suit this combination? as far as i know, gamecubes are region locked but i dont notice a region choice in regards to purchasing the sd launcher. would these copies work for all systems regardless of region or would i need to find one which suits the jp gamecube? as for the wii, its region free so any version should work correct?

thanks
_
27. February 2007 @ 06:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
WOW....this SD Media Launcher is great. I was planning on modding my GC soon, but am glad I didn't need to. This was so easy. I just bought the SD Media Launcher, blank Ritek Mini DVD-R from Amazon, threw the GCOS on the SD card and works perfect. Every game works perfect that Ive burned so far....over 2 dozen. No laser tweaking. Used imgburn set at 1x with my Plextor PX-755SA. Gotta go....back to Zelda Twilight Princess!
_
27. February 2007 @ 07:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by graeme123:
WOW....this SD Media Launcher is great. I was planning on modding my GC soon, but am glad I didn't need to. This was so easy. I just bought the SD Media Launcher, blank Ritek Mini DVD-R from Amazon, threw the GCOS on the SD card and works perfect. Every game works perfect that Ive burned so far....over 2 dozen. No laser tweaking. Used imgburn set at 1x with my Plextor PX-755SA. Gotta go....back to Zelda Twilight Princess!
I assume your running NTSC games on an NTSC gamecube, have you tried any PAL games?

pioneer a05 dvd-rw
Nero Burning Rom
Windows XP Pro
Kenohki
_
27. February 2007 @ 19:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
I assume your running NTSC games on an NTSC gamecube, have you tried any PAL games?
I am running NTSC Gamecube and playing a PAL Twilight Princess. I hope this helps.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. February 2007 @ 19:59

_
27. February 2007 @ 20:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
and your using the sd media launcher and gcos?

pioneer a05 dvd-rw
Nero Burning Rom
Windows XP Pro
Kenohki
_
27. February 2007 @ 23:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Wulfie66:
Yeah
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
28. February 2007 @ 02:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Originally posted by Wulfie66:
Yeah
which version of gcos are you using? are you using 'auto detect' for the region or are you using 'force ntsc'?

pioneer a05 dvd-rw
Nero Burning Rom
Windows XP Pro

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > nintendo gamecube - general discussion > soft-mod tutorial: how to play backups with only sd media launcher + extra info

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork