User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 16:17
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > building a new pc > pc hardware sales and good deals (retail or online sales not personal sales) ....
Show topics

Forums
Forums
PC hardware sales and good deals (RETAIL or ONLINE sales NOT personal sales) ....
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
11. June 2008 @ 01:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Someone gave me an idea to start a thread in the PC forum for good deals and sales for the day, week, month, or however long it lasts.

I (he) thought that an easy to find place for all of us to locate PC Hardware on sale or great deals might be better than taking up space in other forums and keep them On Topic....

So here goes... it's a "transfer" from the PC build thread but hey these deals need to be seen by all. ;)

Originally posted by greensman:
Had to post a couple of deals for those that might need it. ;) Sorry to the fellas over seas. ;)

Seagate 500GB HDD 16MB cache $69.99

EVGA 8800GT 1GB GDDR3 $199.99 after MIR

...gm
I encourage anyone to post and from whatever area as well. I'm from the US as you can tell but there are others that post from all corners of the globe.... POST the deals you find at your Retail merchant or the Internet seller of the moment. ;)

Good luck to all and thanks for giving ideas.....

...gm

edit: geez just realized I put the wrong cache on the HDD... sorry bout that...

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. June 2008 @ 20:33

Advertisement
_
__

1 product review
_
11. June 2008 @ 02:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Epson RX595 $89 after $20 instant and $40 easy rebate...regular price $149

http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/S...10051&langId=-1

Offer good for most of the month...ends 6.28.2008

I picked one of these up the other day...very nice.

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
11. June 2008 @ 05:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Cheap big screen laptop w/2GB RAM...
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/139075

Afterdawn Addict // Silent PC enthusiast // PC Build advisor // LANGamer Alias:Ratmanscoop
PC Specs page -- http://my.afterdawn.com/sammorris/blog_entry.cfm/11247
updated 10-Dec-13
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
11. June 2008 @ 11:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well i'll add onto the list.
found some good DDR2 1066 mem dirt cheap after rebate. best rebate for these i have found

http://biz.tigerdirect.com/applications/...8327&CatId=2531
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
11. June 2008 @ 11:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Weren't Tiger supposed to be a bit dodgy with their rebates?

Interesting, if rather suspicious GPU offer:
http://www.videocardshop.co.uk/product.a...did=PV-T88P-YDF

Afterdawn Addict // Silent PC enthusiast // PC Build advisor // LANGamer Alias:Ratmanscoop
updated 10-Dec-13

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. June 2008 @ 11:34

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
11. June 2008 @ 11:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i heard the same thing about them sam but the rebate is with corsair not tigerdirect. so it should be good.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. June 2008 @ 12:31

_
11. June 2008 @ 12:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
A good buy on UPS's if one needs a big one for an over the top rig.

http://www.buy.com/prod/cyberpower-intel.../203277717.html

I ordered one yesterday. Will let you know what it's like when it is delivered (free shipping).

spaul40
Current - ASUS P5WD2-Premium,Intel D960,Crucial 2GB DDR2-1000,Zalman 9500,2-74GB Raptor-RAID 0,2-750GB Seagate SATA II,512MB GT7950,Antec Lan-boy/BFG 600,2-ODD/Lightscribe,multiple laser/inkjet printers,XP Pro.
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. June 2008 @ 22:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hitachi Deskstar 320GB $57.99

I know it's NOT 16MB cache but it would make a pretty good and cheap storage drive. ;)

....gm

edit: to add link.. lol

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. June 2008 @ 22:16

AfterDawn Addict
_
20. June 2008 @ 20:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB Hard Drive - 7200, 16MB, SATA-300, OEM $79.99

Thought this was a good deal. ;)

.....gm

1 product review
_
22. June 2008 @ 08:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
mushkin Extreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146112

$33.50 after rebate + $6 shipping.

AfterDawn Addict

2 product reviews
_
25. June 2008 @ 23:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I sell cheap monitors!!! lol No personal sales I get it ;)

If anyone wants a Rampage Formula for cheap it's 215 at newegg. open box, but Asus even ships out a soundcard for you if the open box ones doesn't have it so it's a good deal.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131284R
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. June 2008 @ 00:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OCZ Reaper OCZ2RPR10662GK DDR2 PC2-8500 DDR2 1066 $44.99 after MIR and FREE shipping

....gm

AfterDawn Addict

2 product reviews
_
27. June 2008 @ 00:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My ZZF rebates NEVER come in.
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. June 2008 @ 00:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by abuzar1:
My ZZF rebates NEVER come in.
The only rebate that I can remember NOT receiving is the one I didn't send in on time. It was from the EGG actually!!! Silly GM didn't read the dates on the MIR.. lol. It was a 12 day window!!!!!! Who's ever heard of that crap?? lol.

....gm

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
27. June 2008 @ 16:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
We may pay more, but I think I prefer not having rebates in the UK, it's nice and simple! :)

updated 10-Dec-13
AfterDawn Addict

2 product reviews
_
27. June 2008 @ 16:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well you don't have to send them in if you don't want to ;)

I like the option of having lower prices lol.
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
27. June 2008 @ 17:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm not sure I could be bothered given how rarely they seem to turn up for people. I'm also not sure I'd want my money invested on the stock market as a matter of principle - too bad that happens every time I make a bank transfer. Oh well.

updated 10-Dec-13
AfterDawn Addict
_
29. June 2008 @ 10:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Cooler Master Stacker 810 + 850W Power Pro psu $199.99 + S&H

That's the best deal I've seen on a case + psu combo in a while. I have that psu and it's a power house but I really want that case... :( Anyway I've looked around a bit and each item is over $150, so seperately you'd be looking at about $300 even tho the regular combo price is $260... lol.

...gm

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
29. June 2008 @ 14:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm not a big lover of coolermaster PSUs, they're certainly the noisiest power supplies I've ever heard, and I've heard a few reports about them undervolting. The Stacker 810, however, is very welcome. If I could take advantage of that deal I'd sell the PSU and keep the case.

updated 10-Dec-13
tripplite
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
29. June 2008 @ 14:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
those rebates are worthless:P

subscribed....

http://geeks.com/

if you dont mind used parts then i suggest geeks, they sell a lot of unbranded stuff though so becareful.....

http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/deta....mc_id=ZWB11877
22inch monitor for 200.00 flat...its an HP screen to....unfortunately its open box which means no warranty:(

nice thread idea....

-tripplite

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. June 2008 @ 14:44

AfterDawn Addict
_
29. June 2008 @ 15:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by sammorris:
I'm not a big lover of coolermaster PSUs, they're certainly the noisiest power supplies I've ever heard, and I've heard a few reports about them undervolting. The Stacker 810, however, is very welcome. If I could take advantage of that deal I'd sell the PSU and keep the case.
Yeh I've read about the undervolting but it seems that the "80 plus" models are "fixed" and that problem is NO longer an issue. ;) btw I have the "80 plus" model and it's been stellar. :D

Have you used or "heard" the Power Pro series psu's?? They are BETTER than the "extreme" series... lol. BY FAR!!!! I won't own another "extreme" series psu from them.. lol. Neither will RedRob.... hehehe. :P

OH yes the 810 Stacker is a NICE case.... /me wants one!!!

...gm

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
29. June 2008 @ 15:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
that 500w extreme power PSU i had( a gift from santa) is now running strong witha new coolermaster 120mm blue led fan in it. quite as my corsair tx650w.......

we took out the fan in itand replaced with a better fan runs great now. the fan we took out of it is now being used on the space shuttle to help fan the flames from iginition......lmao
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
29. June 2008 @ 15:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Heh, in any case, you shouldn't have to change the fan in a PSU for it not to be a household disturbance...

As for the realpower units, it could well be fixed, but I personally wouldn't take the risk when there are so many solid manufacturers out there... Then again as we know I'm an old fusspot about these things, especially when it comes to PSUs, you can't be too careful!

updated 10-Dec-13
AfterDawn Addict
_
29. June 2008 @ 16:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by sammorris:
Heh, in any case, you shouldn't have to change the fan in a PSU for it not to be a household disturbance...

As for the realpower units, it could well be fixed, but I personally wouldn't take the risk when there are so many solid manufacturers out there... Then again as we know I'm an old fusspot about these things, especially when it comes to PSUs, you can't be too careful!
yeh, yeh, yeh!!! Soon you'll be out of manufacturers you can use.. lol.

We can all find "bad" experiences but we have to weed thru them and do the best that we can. ;)

I've said it before.. I'd rather buy a modular psu and I stick by that word. From what I've read the Corsair and the Antec units are about the best manufacturers to go with. I have an Antec modular and it's great... I have a VX model Corsair and it's performs well too.... BUT the conveniences you get with modular are to good to pass up for me. :D

....gm

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
29. June 2008 @ 16:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hence me having owned a Thermaltake Toughpower and Corsair HX... hehe
there's nothing wrong with the toughpowers, but they just aren't quiet enough... :P

updated 10-Dec-13

afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > building a new pc > pc hardware sales and good deals (retail or online sales not personal sales) ....

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork