User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 08:37
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > ask your vista questions here.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Ask Your Vista Questions Here.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
9. December 2006 @ 13:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ireland
meh the current cracks either barely work or are spy ware.
In time they will get better.

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.
Advertisement
_
__
_
9. December 2006 @ 19:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
That's the price we pay for people who steal.
So bottom line is, we all should steal :-)
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. December 2006 @ 05:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Windows Vista crack is actually a trojan
Posted by l33tdawg on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 01:35 AM (Reads: 352)
Source: APC Mag

Malware makers are starting to take advantage of the number of users searching for cracks for the pirated copies of Vista floating around. A new download has started circulating around the crack boards called "Windows Vista All Versions Activation 21.11.06". It purports to be an activation crack for any version of Vista. However, the file is actually a trojan-carrier which will install Trojan-PSW.Win32.LdPinch.aze onto your PC. BitTorrent users who posted reviews of the crack said that a number of antivirus programs detected the malware, though Norton AntiVirus and NOD32 did not.

Windows Vista crack is actually a trojan

* 3rd December 2006
* James Bannan
* Vista, Windows

Malware makers are starting to take advantage of the number of users searching for cracks for the pirated copies of Vista floating around.

A new download has started circulating around the crack boards called "Windows Vista All Versions Activation 21.11.06". It purports to be an activation crack for any version of Vista.

However, the file is actually a trojan-carrier which will install Trojan-PSW.Win32.LdPinch.aze onto your PC.

BitTorrent users who posted reviews of the crack said that a number of antivirus programs detected the malware, though Norton AntiVirus and NOD32 did not.

In an interview about the Windows Vista installation process, and the ease with which administrators can pre-install software into a Vista install DVD, Microsoft Australia's John Pritchard warned that pirated copies of Vista could easily come with malware preinstalled.

"I would certainly recommend when people are looking at any content they make sure they have the approved and hologrammed DVDs to make sure they?re dealing with the genuine product, to get away from not knowing where the source comes from. If they have control of the unattended installation and built it themselves then hopefully they know what they are putting on it."
http://apcmag.com/node/4737

You can read the full interview here.
http://apcmag.com/node/3834
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. December 2006 @ 06:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
TI won't rush into Microsoft Vista readily

Two year sprint

By Charlie Demerjian: Sunday 10 December 2006, 07:29
CORPORATE AMERICA, no, make that corporate everywhere is treating Vista like a dead animal found in the woods, they will poke it with a stick, but there is no way they will take it home. Take TI for instance, it is not going to touch the wonder OS for another two years or so.

The memo below, posted on the TI Infolink internal site goes to show what a warm reception Vista is getting. You can upgrade thousands of machines and buy a new OS, or just stay put. Looks like almost everyone is staying put.µ

TI will maintain Windows XP platform; computer users should not install Windows Vista

(30 Nov 2006)

IT Services will maintain a global Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) operating system standard until 2009 in an effort to save TI a significant amount of money in licensing and support costs. This standard will serve as an alternative to migrating to Microsoft's new Windows Vista platform when that product becomes available in late January 2007.

IT Services strongly discourages TIers and contractors from installing Windows Vista on any TI-owned computer or using a home computer with Vista when connecting to the TI network. New TI computers will continue to include Windows XP through 2008.

"We're confident Windows XP will continue to be a stable, cost-effective and secure operating system standard for TI during the next two years," said Ken Rempert, manager of Client Services and Support. "Windows XP has proven to be a solid platform, and IT Services has adopted this standard worldwide to reduce cost and improve employee productivity."
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36259
The_Fiend
Suspended permanently
_
10. December 2006 @ 11:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That sounds just like what i've been hearing from all my colleague's and everyone in the field.
Sounds like the world is finally seeing Billy Gates' game for what it is :-D

irc://arcor.de.eu.dal.net/wasted_hate

Wanna tell me off, go ahead.
I dare ya !
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
10. December 2006 @ 11:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
*rolls eyes*
lets see how "together" OS is when they recreate it for the next version....ALtho I could see Mac doing a better job at driver compatibility but then they seem to do better with drivers anyway *L*

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. December 2006 @ 12:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
get rid of vista and xp ,and have them get back to updating windows 2000..

which windows xp is windows 2000 with out the bells and whistle's

my main system is 2000..................
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
10. December 2006 @ 12:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ireland:
get rid of vista and xp ,and have them get back to updating windows 2000..

which windows xp is windows 2000 with out the bells and whistle's

my main system is 2000..................

better yet rebuild the API,DX and kernels so win2K has a good compabilte game mode.
:P

REYREY1
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
10. December 2006 @ 23:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The new Vista is class build 6000 vista ultimate which i can confirm the crack works.
REYREY1
_
10. December 2006 @ 23:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. December 2006 @ 23:45

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
10. December 2006 @ 23:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by REYREY1:
The new Vista is class build 6000 vista ultimate which i can confirm the crack works.

how about plugging al the lil tracking thigns they put in the crack? *L*

besides it takes a few months for the cracks and the updates to have a nice middle aera of it working and be patched enough to amke it worth running.

REYREY1
_
10. December 2006 @ 23:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:

besides it takes a few months for the cracks and the updates to have a nice middle aera of it working and be patched enough to amke it worth running.
Didn't have any problems with the cracks ain't tried the updates yet will do that soon to see if it official has cracked vista.
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
10. December 2006 @ 23:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
[quote]

Didn't have any problems with the cracks ain't tried the updates yet will do that soon to see if it official has cracked vista.[/quote]
half of the newer easy to find cracks have all kinds of trojins and hidden tracking stuff.
just warning you is all its good it works it means non spy/ad/mal ware will be made sooner rather than later *L*

REYREY1
_
11. December 2006 @ 00:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
opps

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. December 2006 @ 00:06

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
11. December 2006 @ 00:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
DOHH!!

shareing of cracks is a no no better remove before a mod finds it and banfries you :P

hehehehe :P

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. December 2006 @ 00:11

REYREY1
_
11. December 2006 @ 00:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
lol at least remove your quote mate.
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
11. December 2006 @ 00:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
lol at least remove your quote mate.
:P

REYREY1
_
11. December 2006 @ 00:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nice one
The_Fiend
Suspended permanently
_
11. December 2006 @ 00:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I still say all you dummies that get vista should have your computers replaced with a teething ring.
And FYI, those cracks won't last long, as soon as vista officially hits consumer shelves in stores, there will be more sh*t for them to patch than there was with XP.
Hell, the first range of updates for vista will be out next week.
So we'll see how long those cracks hold up this time.
Btw, you don't seem to be running ultimate with all the bells and whistles on...
What's the matter, PC couldn't handle it ?

I dare ya !
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
11. December 2006 @ 00:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The_Fiend
it burns it burns so :P
meh in time (6-18 months) it should be patched enough to try or even keep.
but untill then its not even worth looking at to try and test it.

The_Fiend
Suspended permanently
_
11. December 2006 @ 01:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
...Which is my point exactly.
Lets be honest, i have the coporate install discs here, i wouldn't need no stinking hacks or patches, it's just that all the bullsh*t this comes with and all the bloat makes it seem useless.
There's already more holes discovered in Vista now then there where with XP in the entire year of 2005, so why anyone would be stupid enough to install this hunk of junk is beyond me.
And i had a look at the DRM's, and i don't even want to go into how badly you'll break the kernel if you try to work around them.
It will take either a stroke of luck or a sheer genius to crack this puppy.
So i say Billy Ga(y)tes can stick it.

I dare ya !
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
11. December 2006 @ 01:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The_Fiend
then crawl under a rock and be in mac land or use unix and stop wanting windose stuff to run on it you can't have it both ways.XP took a year to mature,vister will be no different because they used the same old build plan they used for XP dev for it a bit beta test it for a bit find all sort of crap to be fixed skip fixing them now and release it NOW and then fix it as it goes along sadly thats how MS works,MAC works but unless a virtual console can do 3D its pointless dual booting is pointless unless you don't use the computer alot or you have a 2nd PC,if you have a 2nd PC just put XP on it and use 2K,linux or MAC,Windose aint going anywhere ,early adaption for OSs and consoles are genrealy costly and pointless unless its a WII... MAC has had only acouple slip ups with OSX so thier reelase record is good but genrealy theres 1 that breaks the don't buy it when it first comes out rule..

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. December 2006 @ 01:27

The_Fiend
Suspended permanently
_
11. December 2006 @ 02:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I will have microsoft's cake and eat it too !
Also, that last reply makes no sense whatsoever, try to breathe and think between sentences FFS.
Not to mention it's hard to read since there's no structure.
And the spelling... well..
Since yer already on dial up, you might as well take the time to do a spell check, it can't take that much time.

I dare ya !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. December 2006 @ 02:13

_
11. December 2006 @ 02:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
REYREY1,
About that screenshot that you linked to...
It seems a little strange that the activation window says 'Activation Successful', and yet in the bottom right corner of the screen, just above the taskbar, it says 'Evaluation Copy'.
Advertisement
_
__

_
The_Fiend
Suspended permanently
_
11. December 2006 @ 02:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Damn, i didn't even notice that, good catch...

I dare ya !

afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > ask your vista questions here.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork