User User name Password  

Saturday 8.6.2024 / 12:13
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > convert avi, xvid, divx to dvd
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Convert AVI, Xvid, DivX to DVD
  Jump to:

Posted Message
xeronine
_
12. October 2004 @ 17:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok,
I got my codeds workin again and I'm in the process right now of encoding my video. Thanks for all the help.
Advertisement
_
__
daemonzx6
_
12. October 2004 @ 20:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
glad to hear it worked out well; it was a pleasure working with you.

regards,
daemonzx66

Abit AN8 nForce4 2000MHz FSB
XFX GeForce 6600GT 128MB PCI-E
AMD Athlon64 3700+ 2.42GHz 1MB L2
Plextor PX-712A rev.1.07 RPC1 FW
74GB WD 10,000 RPM 8MB
1024MB SDRAM 400MHz
Windows XP x64 Edition SP1
joe777
_
17. October 2004 @ 13:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have had a few answers to the questions that have been posted but can anybodyyyyyyyyyy please help with the question of "possible live lock" v dub gave that explanation for not extracting audio on a video file please please please can anybody help.i have been asking this question for some time and no-one has answered.come on folks there must be someone with the knowledge to give me their opinion on this please put me out of my missary even if all you have to say is I DONT KNOW that would be final for me thanks.REMEMBER AFTERDAWN IS THE DADDY AND THE MUTTS NUTTS

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. October 2004 @ 14:04

kieperm
_
18. October 2004 @ 20:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have movies on my HD that are AVI format and I would like to burn them to DVD and play them on my Home DVD Player and not my PC. The only programs I have are Roxio Easy CD & DVD creator, DVDX Platinum, & PowerDVD. I have gone to downloads.com to try some of the demos however after I use them and convert&Burn my DVDs they don't work. I don't mind spending some money if needed however FREE IS ALWAYS BETTER!! Any help would be great. Thanks
daemonzx6
_
19. October 2004 @ 12:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
first, you should get GSpot or AVIcodec and find out what codec was used for your AVI. if it is DivX or XviD then next you should research your DVD player compatibility. I recommend http://www.videohelp.com . if your player supports DivX, then you can get some program to burn the file to DVD (I have never personally done this so I don't know any program names). If your player doesn't support it, you need to re-encode the video. I use TMPGEnc 3 XPress, but I think there is an older version (2.5?) that is free. once that is done, read the tutorial on afterdawn about DivX with subtitles to DVD (just ignore the parts about subs).

74GB WD 10,000 RPM 8MB
1024MB SDRAM 400MHz
irvs
_
20. October 2004 @ 20:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey guys...I'm going INSANE here! I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I have produced a video....it's only stills with page peel transitions....pretty dodgey, but a works in progress.

So as you can guess, I'm at the stage of trying to burn this thing to DVD.

I exported the video from Adobe Premiere 6 as:
Microsoft DV (PAL)
Frame Size: 720 * 576
Frame Rate: 25fps
Depth: Millions, Quality: 100%

Exports a nice 3.66G uncompressed .avi

So I go through the process (I haven't had a chance to try TMPGEnc yet) of converting my .AVI to a nice little DVD.

Cucusoft AVI to MPG DVD VCD converter is what I use. Exporting as an MPEG2....

The process goes fine, the DVD burns in Nero, and it's all sweet. Playback on the PC is fine, even to the TV with my S-Video Out.

I put the DVD into ANY DVD player, and all the transitions are pixelated....the image is fine, but there is a tonne of loss in the transitions....it's as if the transition is blurred, and it flickers a tonne across the edge of the page that is "peeling".

I'm assuming that it's the compression. There is no set bit rate in that program. I am hoping that when I get my hands on TMPGEnc I can set a bit rate that will eliminate this issue....doesn't matter if it's uncompressed as it'll still fit on the DVD.

The thing that really confuses me though is playback on the PC is fine, but playback on the DVD player is all messed up. So I will put that down to compression for now.

I am writing in the hope that someone has some tips for me. I've been working on this for about 5 days and it's turned me insane.

Thank you in advance!

daemonzx6
_
21. October 2004 @ 15:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have had similar problems with fade in/out using MS Video Maker. But for me, the problems were on both the computer and tv. That was probably just MSs godawful wmv codec, but I thought it might apply. I think that it could possibly be the compression, but I'm not sure. My only advice is to try TMPGEnc trial version or the free version and see if it works after that.

74GB WD 10,000 RPM 8MB
1024MB SDRAM 400MHz

2 product reviews
_
21. October 2004 @ 19:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can you use CCE instead of TMPGEnc to encode the files? Because i have done multiple dvd backups and love the quality CCE produces.

"The only people who should buy Monster cable are people who light cigars with Benjamins." - Gizmodo
jjsyck
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
21. October 2004 @ 21:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
im having a problem with converting divx to dvd. ive done of converting divx to dvds. but on this one divx it plays spot on in a divx file but as soon as i convert it with Nero to dvd files so i can burn it it starts to play up. what i mean by this is the first 20mins are ok and after that the voice is no in the same time frame as the pic.this 1 divx i download is the only 1 that has done this on me. please help cos im pulling my hair out over this

thanks mono
daemonzx6
_
22. October 2004 @ 09:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Pop_Smith
you can use CCE SP, I was just recommnding TMPGEnc because it seems to have mroe options and you can get it free without the trial version watermarks CCE makes.

jjsyck
Nero is notorious for having problems encoding certain divxs to VCD or dvd. get TMPGEnc free or trial version and try it.

74GB WD 10,000 RPM 8MB
1024MB SDRAM 400MHz
Tyg3r
_
22. October 2004 @ 11:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey... noob here. Im sure theres a simple installation, but havent found the time or patience to find it myself. so i was wondering if anyone can help me with this error that pops up after trying to start the convert. (AVI to MPEG)

hope ya can help. cheers

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. October 2004 @ 12:37

daemonzx6
_
22. October 2004 @ 14:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
that looks like it is just a message telling you that in order to play the resulting output MPEG2, you need to have DVD playback software installed like PowerDVD or WinDVD. i dont think it will keep you from converting if you dont, so just click continue and it should work.

74GB WD 10,000 RPM 8MB
1024MB SDRAM 400MHz
Tyg3r
_
22. October 2004 @ 14:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanx daemonzx6. I thought that too... But i already have PowerDVD installed. Thats why i figured it could be some other problem.
After continuing it just came up with another error saying it could not complete the task.
I blame my PC overall. Still, it would have been nice if it worked. Im gonna mess around with TMPGEnc a little more... if i still cant suss it, i'll be back to moan some more.
Cheers.
DJWILDING
_
26. October 2004 @ 02:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
HI. I have tried to burn a .AVI file to a DVD-R using vision express 2. The only problem is i get no picture, the sound is fine. But when i play the original .AVI using Nero player i get both sound and picture. Is there anything i can check. I apprechiate any help you can offer...
bOuNcYoNe
Suspended permanently
_
26. October 2004 @ 04:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have found that for good results for most types of movie files use TMPGEnc Express 3.0 in Combination with TMPGEnc DVD Author simple and looks great on standalone DVD Players..
DJWILDING
_
26. October 2004 @ 04:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have tried using TMPGEnc. but when i try and open the Video File it says it cannot open or is not supported. I have used AVICodec and it says the video is a XVID=XVID Mpeg-4, with file type AVI. Audio Mpeg Layer 3.
bOuNcYoNe
Suspended permanently
_
26. October 2004 @ 04:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
DJWILDING it is important that you first use the TMPGEnc Express program that will encode it Video & Audio simultaneously to whatever output you desire it will take a few hours aswell depending on your specs..

When its done just run the encoded file through TMPGEnc DVD Author and voila you've created your DVD files and all that is left is to burn it with Nero ( my preferance) dont use DVD Authors built in burner its unreliable at best..

Good Luck =)
DJWILDING
_
26. October 2004 @ 05:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is TMPGEnc Express the same as TMPGEnc v2.521.58.169...
the one that can be downloaded for free??
bOuNcYoNe
Suspended permanently
_
26. October 2004 @ 05:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No its not but you can use the demo version from here its well worth it and it'll save you alot of hassles =)
http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/te3xp.html

PM me for more details..
_
6. November 2004 @ 14:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
a new version of vso divxtodvd has been released today, you can download it from www.vso-software.fr , it adds the force PAL / NTSC option.
and it is still free !
_
6. November 2004 @ 14:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
DivxToDVD should be an outstanding app comsidering the quality and performance of everything else VSO puts out :)

My killer sig came courtesy of bb "El Jefe" mayo.
The Forum Rules You Agreed To! http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
"And there we saw the giants, and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight" - Numbers 13:33
_
6. November 2004 @ 14:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
at the moment , it is only a preview. the pro version will contains more settings and more options, vso is only beginning on the video tools, photodvd will be improved also...
Smok86
_
15. November 2004 @ 14:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello, I am trying to get a movie that I have in .AVI format onto my DVD, like a VCD except that it will be on a dvd. Anyways I followed the guide on this website on how to do this, the AVI to DVD guide. On the step where you have to extract the audio using VirtualDubMod, it says I have an .AC3 file (the better audio, like surround sound). So anyways all was fine even after the 30 hour encoding process until I burned the files onto the DVD, that's when I found out that after trying to play it on my DVD player, there is no sound. I have no idea what i'm doing wrong, since I'm pretty sure I followed the guide exactly as it said to do the things. I mean I got the files from the DVD Author software(IFO Edit) and I did put both the Audio and Video files when the program was making the final DVD files. And I did put all the files I was supposed to into the Video folder in Nero for DVD-Video. Please, if you think of anything that will make the DVD have sound and video then help, I've already lost 2 dvd's. Thanks
daemonzx6
_
16. November 2004 @ 12:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
does the encoded video play with sound on your computer?
Advertisement
_
__

_
bOuNcYoNe
Suspended permanently
_
16. November 2004 @ 15:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Smoke8 try the following programs below they are much easier and they turn out great quality DVD's

Quote:
It is important that you first use the TMPGEnc Express program that will encode it Video & Audio simultaneously to whatever output you desire it will take a few hours aswell depending on your specs..

When its done just run the encoded file through TMPGEnc DVD Author and voila you've created your DVD files and all that is left is to burn it with Nero ( my preferance) dont use DVD Authors built in burner its unreliable at best..

Good Luck =)
Quote:

Related links
Download the latest version of DivX codec from AfterDawn.com!
Get FFSHOW from here -- free DirectShow filter for watching DivX movies, faster than original DivX codec!
Read AfterDawn.com's DivX guides from here.

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
your opinion that Divx is no Longer standard ???? 3 29. December 2013 Video - Software discussion
DivX codec, trying to remove watermark from all encodes! 6 18. April 2013 Video - Software discussion
anyone have a panaonic dmp-bd75? -I can't get divx to work 1 7. June 2012 Blu-ray players
What kind of .avi format do Divx DVD players use? 3 1. April 2012 Convert video to another format
divx and any video converter 3 19. March 2012 Convert video to another format
help needed with playing divx on surround system 1 28. January 2012 Receivers and amplifiers
Divx buffering problem 0%-100% 1 26. November 2011 Video playback problems
DivX USB DVD player - judder in certain scenes...water, live music etc.... 5 21. November 2011 DVD players
Samsung DVD Recorder DivX 2 13. November 2011 DVD recorders
want to convert h.264 video file to divx 3 4. September 2011 Convert video to another format

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > convert avi, xvid, divx to dvd

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork