User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 03:41
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > convert avi, xvid, divx to dvd
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Convert AVI, Xvid, DivX to DVD
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Casper08
_
23. June 2004 @ 08:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi, im having a problem koola. Ive been trying to convert a dvix file with the software TMPGEnc and the help of your website, but it said not supported format. Can you help me out.
Advertisement
_
__
Casper08
_
23. June 2004 @ 08:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
P.S Convert a Dvix to DVD.
batch
_
30. June 2004 @ 10:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Having a few problems already mentioned in this thread, but I couldn't see a resolution.

Basically I followed your guide and ended up with TMPGEnc creating 2 files the audio and video files. However the audio track is always silent. I have tried both MP3 and linear (wav) sound with no joy. Please help...
b3ckm4n
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
1. July 2004 @ 12:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Bump, I'm having the same problem as Batch. No matter what I do, I keep getting the same problem. I've followed the guide word for word, but when I get the two files the video works fine but the audio is silent. And once you author it the VOBs are also silent, I'm not sure what the problem is or what I can do to fix it. Any help would be appreciated :-)
jd_303
_
6. July 2004 @ 00:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi there , having a dilema myself here.
I have about 12 AVI files (unsure if they are encoded as divx or xvid as there is no file summary attached, but they all play fine in media player and I have all codecs installed. I make a dvd in Nero vision express and when it attempts to create all the menu's it just crashes out, no message just disappears. any ideas? I have reinstalled ,downgraded, upgraded etc...no changes.
can anyone tell me also if I have 5 700 mb divx movies and want to create a dvdr that I can read on my home player, will I be able to create the dvd with all 5 movies on it, or will they need to be expanded so much that I cant, I dont yet understand this yet as i havent successfullky created any dvd yet.
thanks in advance.
JD_303
batch
_
6. July 2004 @ 00:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I had a reply on another forum that sorted my sound problem out. I had a VBR (see below) problem. When I opened my DIVX in VirtualDubMOD it reported an error. I told it to fix the error and followed the VBR instructions below. I now have sound on my DVD :)

I a not sure if/how much his procedure effects quality though...
--------------------------
The audiostream is probably in either .AC3 format or Variable Bitrate MPEG Layer 3 (VBR .MP3). Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub (or any of its variants) or NanDub.

If it proves to be .AC3:

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to one greater than the highest priority of listed items.. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

If it proves to be VBR:

Simply use VirtualDubMOD (Different than standard VirtualDub), to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
Using VirtualDubMOD to Convert "VBR" .MP3 to Uncompressed .WAV

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDubMOD (a different program than the standard VirtualDub)

2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Direct Stream Copy"

3) From the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Stream List" - and rightclick on the audio stream, then select "Full Processing Mode" - then click on "OK"

4) From the "File" dropdown menu, save the .AVI with a new filename

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. July 2004 @ 00:41

Arnold2
_
8. July 2004 @ 21:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
try this one on for size DVDRip Xvid AC3.AVI

TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress , TMPGEnc Plus 2.5, with
TMPGEnc AC3 codec... would not convert this.

Why not?

TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 gave me a video only... okay got more codec's... and more codec's I think i have to many codec's one should have worked?

oh that ain't all ... I delete the one it made before I got all the codec's when I retry I got error... ain't that something?

Does anyone know what went wrong? any help will be appreicated ...

Thanks

arnold2

i like the splash gets me where i want to be faster...

only qualified to ask questions.

Arnold2
_
8. July 2004 @ 22:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sorry,
need to add that I have made many good DVD's from
AVI files of all types with TMPGEnc Plus 2.5
and TMPGEnc DVD Author w/ AC3 codec... I could not believe it did not work this time.

I have been looking all over the place to find out what went wrong... Thanks again arnold2
Arnold2
_
9. July 2004 @ 19:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
TMPGEnc DVD Author ( TDA )

In case of audio synchronization problem, we advise to re-encode the source file using an MPEG editor software.
Since version 2.520, TMPGEnc Plus include the same CRI MPEG decoder than TMPGEnc DVD Author and therefore sound problem will certainly occures too. To avoid this, disable the CRI decoder in the VFAPI plug-in and enable the MPEG-2 decoder from Cyberlink or Ligos used until 2.513.
Such decoders have to be isntalled on the computer to be used.

cf: audio sync trouble

I bought MPEG-2 decoder from Ahead software why wouldn't that work? I went to these sites and can not find where to download it... thay had a lot of other stuff there. Thanks
User457
_
11. July 2004 @ 03:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
HI

Hope someone can help me here.

I was following the guide to the letter and everything worked fine... untill i had to format my drive and reinstall everything.

Now when i follow the guide i get no audio and now i'm receiving this error...

Read error occurred at address 00012F40 of module "TMPGEnc.exe" with 20656850

I click ok and it shuts down... whats happening... the guide is great but now i can't get it working ???

TIA User457@hotmail.com

User457
Arnold2
_
12. July 2004 @ 05:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AVIcodec is a nice little tool for identifying what codecs you need in order to play your multimedia files. Program supports MPEG-1/2, AVI, Ogg, ASF, WMV, etc formats. AVIcodec is a nice little tool for identifying what codecs you need in order to play your multimedia files. Program supports MPEG-1/2, AVI, Ogg, ASF, WMV, etc formats.
softimage
_
13. July 2004 @ 03:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
why not just use the Super DVD Creator 7.5 ? I have purchased a license only $29 .it works fine with my DV and all of my other format files. oh..need to install the FFDShow and othter codec listed in the website http://www.alldj.com
I am not a newer of the dvd authing ,but ,all most, I can't find a good free tools for build my dvd ,so at last ,I have to buy the Super DVD Creator .you just only add the files to the Super DVD Creator and set the output format as DVD or SVCD VCD ,and insert a blank disc and click the "Run" botton. it is so easy.

fantazar
_
15. July 2004 @ 12:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Softimage. Is it really that easy and does it really write/convert to proper DVD format that can play in a normal DVD Player? What's the quality like when converting .avi/divx/xvid files? I've been thinking about getting a license, but don't want to waste my money if it doesn't really do the job. Your feedback would be appreciated :)

Thanks
softimage
_
15. July 2004 @ 19:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi , fantazar ,
Yes, the Super DVD Creator convert my AVI -divx full in 40 mins ,and the output disc play will on my home LG DVD player. the quality is best - I think it is best .you can download the trial version : http://www.alldj.com
User457
_
16. July 2004 @ 06:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
One Click Encoder ????

Quality is Best ???

I dunno, doesn't sound to graet ???

I'll give it a go and see but... watch this space ???

User457
fantazar
_
17. July 2004 @ 16:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Softimage : I purchased the license and tested it out. It did what I wanted but not in less than a few hours. That was just for converting from divx-VOB. After writing and playing on my DVD PLayer, the A-Grade movie on my PC came out as B/C-Grade Quality. For the BEST QUALITY you said you achieve, what settings do you use please?

Anyone : What's the BEST and FASTEST program for converting movie files to VOB please?
I'd like my movies on my PC that play in A-Grade Quality to convert into A-Grade VOB files so I can watch them on my DVD Player in A-Grade Quality.

Thanks
_
19. July 2004 @ 20:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Guys!
and girls
I just caught this thread and I have been using a little bit of software from Cucusoft which has just been upgraded to not only convert but burn to dvd as well. It will convert any AVI file and does all the complicated demuxing, mutltiplexing as well as keeping aspect ratios.

pokin'around
fantazar
_
19. July 2004 @ 20:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah I tried the trial version of CUCUSOFT but it only did like 1-2 minutes worth which wasn't really enough to convince me to buy the FULL VERSION. If you have the FULL one, what is your opinion on it please?

Thanks in adv :)
softimage
_
20. July 2004 @ 02:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Cucusoft ? I have trid this ,the cucusoft pro take 15 hours to convert my 170M AVI to dvd . it is useless .
softimage
_
20. July 2004 @ 02:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
fantazar : I installed the FFDShow codec and wmv codec for converting Divx and Xvid and Wmv , the vendor of super dvd creator suggest me to install more codec to support more type of files.
how did you set your creator ? I get the good quality picture when I use the Divx and xvid codec .
fantazar
_
20. July 2004 @ 15:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Okay, I've now tried the trial version of AARE CONVERTER and it seems quite good. It has features to sharpen the coverted file, etc. Problem I got though was that at the end of converting, it gave me an error.
Something like "File name could not be changed".
And it doesn't save a thing. How's someone supposed to purchase the FULL version when the trial doesn't work properly?
kkovach
_
21. July 2004 @ 20:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello there.

I am looking for a little advice. I just got my DVD burner, and I'm looking to put some TV series episodes on DVD. I have them in DivX (AVI) format and am currently trying out the trial version of TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 and TMPGEnc Authoring 1.6.

I read the SimpleGuides and those were a pretty good start, but I wanted to know where I should look to save a little space to get maybe 1 or 2 extra episodes on the disc. Taking mostly the defaults, it looks like I'll only be able to fit three episodes per dics. I was wondering if you had some advice for getting maybe four or five episodes on there? Where can/should I make some changes to get a little better compression? Thanks.

- Kevin

baadshah
_
22. July 2004 @ 20:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey
im following afterdawn's guide to convert xvid to dvd using tmpegenc. however i let it run overnight with screensavers and all that turned off. in the morning my pc is restarted and it says windows has recovered from a serious error. btw im using win xp pro with 1gb ram, plenty of hd space, and a amd xp2800+ processor. any reason why this could be happening. i do have all the codecs installed (from wht i understand that is). thanks.
fantazar
_
22. July 2004 @ 20:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
PHew!
Okay, I went back to Super DVD Converter and tried 1:1 ratio.
Converted okay and quality was good-v.good, but after around 1/2 hour watching, the video paused while the sound continued playing. Once the video started up again, the sound didn't match the Video. I was gutted! It never recovered after this so I killed the whole project. Think I'm going to have to continue viewing on the PC.
Advertisement
_
__

_
AnzaO
_
23. July 2004 @ 13:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi!

I've read about people having problem with TMPGEnc hangs when converting Xvid to DVD/SVCD/VCD.
Now my problem is similar to what others have wrote but not exactly the same. This is the problem:

When I try to convert Xvid to DVD (also tried SVCD/VCD)
TMPGEnc hangs as soon as the encoding starts. It shows 1 frame in the preview and then goes black and the program hangs. I don't get it!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

/Christina

Related links
Download the latest version of DivX codec from AfterDawn.com!
Get FFSHOW from here -- free DirectShow filter for watching DivX movies, faster than original DivX codec!
Read AfterDawn.com's DivX guides from here.

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
your opinion that Divx is no Longer standard ???? 3 29. December 2013 Video - Software discussion
DivX codec, trying to remove watermark from all encodes! 6 18. April 2013 Video - Software discussion
anyone have a panaonic dmp-bd75? -I can't get divx to work 1 7. June 2012 Blu-ray players
What kind of .avi format do Divx DVD players use? 3 1. April 2012 Convert video to another format
divx and any video converter 3 19. March 2012 Convert video to another format
help needed with playing divx on surround system 1 28. January 2012 Receivers and amplifiers
Divx buffering problem 0%-100% 1 26. November 2011 Video playback problems
DivX USB DVD player - judder in certain scenes...water, live music etc.... 5 21. November 2011 DVD players
Samsung DVD Recorder DivX 2 13. November 2011 DVD recorders
want to convert h.264 video file to divx 3 4. September 2011 Convert video to another format

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > convert avi, xvid, divx to dvd

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork