User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 23:04
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > dts to ac3 5.1
Show topics

Forums
Forums
DTS to AC3 5.1
  Jump to:

Posted Message
shankly
_
10. October 2012 @ 18:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
HELLO,hope im in the right way here,so i had converted an avi file to dvd and it comes with dts sound,is there any way to converted it in a ac3 5.1 audio?

thanks
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. October 2012 @ 19:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Try AviDemux new version 2.6

Load/drag the AVI with the dts audio into AviDemux
Left window, Audio Output > AC3 (Lav)
Configure > Bitrate > 384 > OK
Filters > Remix > Mixer > 5.1 > OK
File > Save
shankly
_
11. October 2012 @ 06:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:

File > Save
i cant get rid of it,as i drag or open the movie file it tells me there's no avidemux files
AfterDawn Addict
_
11. October 2012 @ 08:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does it open other avi files ok?
AfterDawn Addict
_
11. October 2012 @ 09:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If AviDemux doesn't work, try the longer method.

Run Avi-Mux GUI.
Drag avi into top pane.
Highlight it.
Press 'Generate data from source files'.
Hilight the audio component in the lower pane.
Right click and 'extract binary' - give it a name 'audio_stream'.

Check the box for 'no audio', press the 'Start' button to save the video only.
Uncheck the 'no audio' box.
Close Avi-Mux GUI.

Run DaudioK.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DAudioK
Set 'output format' to ac3
Uncheck the 'upmix' box.
Load the audio saved from AviMuxGUI.

(if this is Windows 7, press 'play' before converting - else you get a runtime error).
Press 'Convert' to save the new audio file.

Exit DaudioK.

Run Avi-Mux GUI

Drag the video only stream, that you saved previously, into the top pane.
Highlight it.
Press 'Generate data from source files'.
Drag the new audio into the top pane - make sure to uncheck the 'no audio' box.
Press the 'Start' button to save the avi with the ac3 audio
tongs007
_
11. October 2012 @ 13:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

File > Save
is there a way to do this with 3d mkv, just having a programme to swap the codecs about would be great for me
problem im having is ac3x264 works but otsx264 does not, sorry to hijack a thread, but this is near enough my same problem

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. October 2012 @ 13:57

AfterDawn Addict
_
11. October 2012 @ 14:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
is there a way to do this with 3d mkv, just having a programme to swap the codecs about would be great for me
problem im having is ac3x264 works but otsx264 does not, sorry to hijack a thread, but this is near enough my same problem
Don't know - did you try it?
MKV can be demuxed easily using MkvToolnix - but I've no idea if it can handle 3d.
I would suggest posting at Videohelp - I've seen Q&A on 3d there.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. October 2012 @ 14:25

tongs007
_
11. October 2012 @ 14:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
MKV can be demuxed easily using MkvToolnix - but I've no idea if it can handle 3d.
havent tried it mate as i know the original post was for normal avi, but i will wait until tomorrow and see if any help is given here, as i like this site and know the answer will follow (hopefully lol), if not then I shall check that site out, mucho thankso :)
<<<<<<<edit, sorry the videohelp is on afterdawn doh, cheers mate

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. October 2012 @ 14:30

tongs007
_
12. October 2012 @ 12:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by tongs007:
Quote:
havent tried it mate as i know the original post was for normal avi, but i will wait until tomorrow and see if any help is given here, as i like this site and know the answer will follow (hopefully lol), if not then I shall check that site out, mucho thankso :)
<<<<<<<edit, sorry the videohelp is on afterdawn doh, cheers mate
sorted it with a cheeky little programme :)
Advertisement
_
__

_
mir63
_
18. October 2012 @ 02:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ tongs007

for dts mkv to ac3 mkv try "audio converter".[works with ANY KIND of mkv]

@ shankly

for dts avi to ac3 avi:demux dts stream as showed earlyer,convert dts to ac3 using "tools" in "audiomuxer",remux ac3 stream to avi[as showed earlyer].
Related links
Download the latest AC3 Filter from here. It's 100% freeware and you need it in order to play 5.1 DivX movies!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
how to convert 2 channel ac3 to 6 channel 1 8. June 2014 Audio
Converting a Danish DTS audio format to AC3 6 30. April 2014 Audio
Getting AC3 to play in WMP 12 15. September 2012 Windows - Software discussion
Trying to properly watch a AC3 Dolby Digital, 5.1 film using 2.1 speakers 1 18. June 2012 Video playback problems
m2ts to x264+AC3 7 13. May 2012 Convert video to another format
convert AVCHD with TrueHD/AC3 for portable devices 1 8. May 2012 Convert video to another format
TS with ac3, 5.1 on the ps3 with real 5.1? 1 16. January 2012 PS3 - Modding & Hacking
Help Applying Dynamic Range Compression to AC3 File 1 14. September 2011 Audio
avi with ac3 2 22. August 2011 Video - Everything else

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > dts to ac3 5.1

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork