User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 17:30
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > getting ac3 to play in wmp
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Getting AC3 to play in WMP
  Jump to:

Posted Message
vanlazarus
_
12. September 2012 @ 20:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have the AC3 filter (2.5b) installed and STILL I get no audio when playing DVDs that use AC3. This has been a LONG standing problem I've had. I'm very computer literate and think I have all the appropriate codecs installed.

I know I can use VLC to play these files, but, really, this should be possible in WMP too.

Everytime WMP shows the audio being DOLBY DIGITAL something, it doesn't work.

Any help at solving this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Advertisement
_
__
JST1946
_
12. September 2012 @ 21:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
vanlazarus
_
12. September 2012 @ 22:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
JST1946... I dont understand what youre trying to tell me. I already stated that I installed the ac3filter... Do some ac3filters work in WMP and not others?
JST1946
_
12. September 2012 @ 22:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What version of windows are you using? I sent you the link from an Afterdawn forum pertaining to The AC3 filter.It is near the bottom of the page.

vanlazarus
_
12. September 2012 @ 23:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by JST1946:
What version of windows are you using? I sent you the link from an Afterdawn forum pertaining to The AC3 filter.It is near the bottom of the page.
I am using Windows 7 64 bit. Why do I need a link to the ac3filter? I told you twice that I have it already installed... unless there are multiple types of ac3filters that make a difference in WMP.
JST1946
_
13. September 2012 @ 00:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well the version you are using is only good for Windows XP. AC3 filter (2.5b)

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio...s/ac3filter.cfm

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 13. September 2012 @ 00:08

vanlazarus
_
13. September 2012 @ 00:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No, the version I have installed is identical to the version available on SoftPedia (2.5b) that states it is for Windows 7.

Send me a link to a version, other than the one I have installed (ac3filter_2_5b.exe), that says it's for Windows 7.
JST1946
_
13. September 2012 @ 00:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm not sure if this is a different version than what you aleady have.It is supposed to be for windows 7.

http://www.windows7download.com/win7-ac3-filter/inbtydps.html

vanlazarus
_
13. September 2012 @ 01:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Unfortunately, the latest link that you gave me is to an older version of the same software (1.63b) by the same guy (Alexander Vigovsky). It has the same problem. I've tried changing almost every setting under the ac3 config window to no avail.

I still get NO SOUND in WMP! :(
mrslicker
_
15. September 2012 @ 10:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
look up the shark007 codecs. they do stuff. It might be too extensive for what you need, but it does feature WMP integration.
vanlazarus
_
15. September 2012 @ 15:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've been using Shark007's codec pack for years. Unfortunately, his pack does not prevent this problem. Maybe some settings within? I have no idea though.
Advertisement
_
__

_
ps355528
_
15. September 2012 @ 23:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
it's not really a new problem.. it's been with us for a while.. I had to write my own codec by messing around with source code to get it working a few years back (grrrr.. debian 64).. BUT.. you will be pleased to know there is a fix.. not easy, but I reckon you can handle it..

http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/02/using-ac...dia-center.html

make sure to read the comments as well.. there is some rather pertinent info relating to ac3 and dolby in the 2nd or 3rd reply :)

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. September 2012 @ 23:35

Related links
Download the latest AC3 Filter from here. It's 100% freeware and you need it in order to play 5.1 DivX movies!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
how to convert 2 channel ac3 to 6 channel 1 8. June 2014 Audio
Converting a Danish DTS audio format to AC3 6 30. April 2014 Audio
DTS to AC3 5.1 10 18. October 2012 Convert DVD to another format
Trying to properly watch a AC3 Dolby Digital, 5.1 film using 2.1 speakers 1 18. June 2012 Video playback problems
m2ts to x264+AC3 7 13. May 2012 Convert video to another format
convert AVCHD with TrueHD/AC3 for portable devices 1 8. May 2012 Convert video to another format
TS with ac3, 5.1 on the ps3 with real 5.1? 1 16. January 2012 PS3 - Modding & Hacking
Help Applying Dynamic Range Compression to AC3 File 1 14. September 2011 Audio
avi with ac3 2 22. August 2011 Video - Everything else

afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > getting ac3 to play in wmp

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork