User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 19:40
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware mods > problem playing certain dvd-r dl discs after xbox 360 update
Show topics

Forums
Forums
problem playing certain DVD-R DL discs after xbox 360 update
  Jump to:

Posted Message
febreze
_
21. January 2011 @ 01:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Okay, so I have two types of Dual Layer discs, both are Memorex, that I have games burned onto. Today I log onto my xbox and there is an update, I update my xbox, and when I put in certain burned games, they won't load, it says Disc Unreadable. This certain memorex disc won't load any games burned on them, I have Halo: Reach and COD: Black OPS burned on these memorex discs, and I've never had any problems playing either of these games before today; live or offline. I was playing Reach two days ago! I tried reburning black ops onto another disc of the same type, no scratches or smudges on it, and still the same thing; disc unreadable. now I'll put in say Fallout 3, which is on a different type of memorex disc, and it plays fine. can anyone shed some light on this? I'm extremely flabbergasting.
Advertisement
_
__
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
21. January 2011 @ 01:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Either update dvd-rom firmware on the 360 or try using the activate iso disc the iso disc does work for black ops not sure about this new update you speak of i haven't been on live for a month or so which was the last update i recieved

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. January 2011 @ 01:32

febreze
_
21. January 2011 @ 01:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
Either update dvd-rom firmware on the 360 or try using the activate iso disc the iso disc does work for black ops not sure about this new update you speak of i haven't been on live for a month or so which was the last update i recieved
according to my brother, I have the most updated firmware you can get, I've always had problems with some burned games tho. he has a modded xbox too, and some games will say "Play DVD" or just not work all together in my xbox, but will play perfectly in his. so I have no idea. and use activate iso disc? what do you mean?
_
21. January 2011 @ 01:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?44166-New-Xbox-360-update-blocks-copied-games
MS has found a way to block modified firmware/copied games with ap2.5 security on them.
If you have official firmware and official games, you are not effected

Playstation 2-Free McBoot,HDloader 8.0c,Open PS2 Loader 0.7,80gb Maxtor HDD,SMS Media Player,PGen,SNES Station- Installed
GameCube-SDload,SD Card Adapter,BBA Adapter,2 Color Case,GnuboyGX,MPlayer- Installed

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. January 2011 @ 01:44

febreze
_
21. January 2011 @ 02:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by keebles:
http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?44166-New-Xbox-360-update-blocks-copied-games
MS has found a way to block modified firmware/copied games with ap2.5 security on them.
If you have official firmware and official games, you are not effected
Hmm. Well, I have a bunch of other games that work fine still, like Left 4 Dead and Dead Space, but they're on different DL discs than my Reach and Black Ops, do you think the type of discs have something to do with it, or is it just the games themselves?

Halloo.
_
21. January 2011 @ 02:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
those are older games and do not have ap2.5 security on them.
febreze
_
21. January 2011 @ 02:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok cool, I read <a href="http://www.ixtreme.net/open-forum/ap-2-5-and-you-noobs-guide-t5793.html">THIS</a> and it informed me that this is what's going on. I'm just confused as to why this is happening to me now, most of the posts are from November 2010, and it's more than halfway into January. If I update everything, will this help, or will I still have the "Unreadable Disc"?

Halloo.
_
21. January 2011 @ 02:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by febreze:
Ok cool, I read <a href="http://www.ixtreme.net/open-forum/ap-2-5-and-you-noobs-guide-t5793.html">THIS</a> and it informed me that this is what's going on. I'm just confused as to why this is happening to me now, most of the posts are from November 2010, and it's more than halfway into January. If I update everything, will this help, or will I still have the "Unreadable Disc"?
you have to wait until hackers find away around the new update that was just released. I dont have a modded xbox and dont have a clue about how to get past the latest update.
Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
21. January 2011 @ 14:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Acitivate iso is a burned disc that was used to get around an update a little while ago perhaps a year if you had an older firmware installed,however not sure it it would work on yours since you've got the latest update from ms & firmware,i also think the disc wwas for liteons only

Related links
Download Xbox 360 trailers from AfterDawn's gaming site

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Microsoft finally discontinues Xbox 360 1 22. April 2016 News comments
Motorola unveils new series of Moto 360 smartwatches 2 5. September 2015 News comments
Microsoft makes 'Forza Horizon 2: Presents Fast & Furious' free for Xbox One, Xbox 360 7 31. March 2015 News comments
Moto 360 coming soon in gold and with a new leather band? 1 1. November 2014 News comments
Buying 'Destiny' for PS3, Xbox 360? Bungie giving vouchers to upgrade to current gen for free 1 8. September 2014 News comments
Best Buy leaks Motorola Moto 360 price, specs, features 1 18. August 2014 News comments
Google shows off prototypes of Moto 360 and LG G Watch 4 4. June 2014 News comments
Xbox 360 FLASH MOD HELP 6 2. June 2014 Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking
Dismantled my 360 to repair Disk Drive - Now Controllers won't sync (wired & wireless) 3 1. June 2014 Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking
Have 60GB hard drive on original 360, can put bigger hard drive in 60GB casing? 8 10. May 2014 Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware mods > problem playing certain dvd-r dl discs after xbox 360 update

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork