User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 18:08
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > a possible solution to banned consoles
Show topics

Forums
Forums
A possible solution to banned consoles
  Jump to:

Posted Message
mazz0310
_
10. November 2009 @ 00:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
system link, only worked twice with one guy though.
Advertisement
_
__
couchlock
_
10. November 2009 @ 00:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by mazz0310:
http://downloads.leafnetworks.net/hanging_on_splash_screen.pdf

Yeah, I had looked at that. It's not the same problem. It doesn't hang on the splash screen. The program just turns itself off within like 3 seconds of the splash coming up
wilykat
_
10. November 2009 @ 07:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
any uk leaf users my tag is wilykat
qwert99
_
10. November 2009 @ 10:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Leaf seems cool, but I really can't imagine manually creating a friends list long enough to get game lobbies going.

At least Xlink Kai has chat rooms.

$38 on new discs -- Check
$15 on burn after burn that showed as a DVD -- Check
$11 on new laser -- Check
$28 on new multimeter -- Check
_
10. November 2009 @ 10:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah me(TheMongoStomp) and mazz were able to get a room up and running but it wasnt quite fun with just 2 people =\
qwert99
_
10. November 2009 @ 10:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The only way I could see Leaf working is if somebody created a script or plug-in for Leaf itself that automatically added all of the names from a known-good list to the program.

Or, if somebody could create a plug-in for, say, IRC or another chat program, where people could meet in game lobbies and launch games from there.

Heck, even just being able to post a link in a forum sig that automatically allowed another person to add you to their friends list would be better than the current situation.

$38 on new discs -- Check
$15 on burn after burn that showed as a DVD -- Check
$11 on new laser -- Check
$28 on new multimeter -- Check
_
10. November 2009 @ 13:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can you do voice chat like on Live? Like private chat?

gameover9
Suspended permanently
_
10. November 2009 @ 16:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the issue is the ping. M$ made a damn limit of 30. We had well over 40 guy on my list within an hour.
gameover9
Suspended permanently
_
10. November 2009 @ 16:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by eebeejay:
For those who got it to work, what mode are you playing? System Link? Campaign? What?!?!?!
system link is how you connect. So far we've only got it to work if you're close to someone. 30 is the max ping.
wilykat
_
10. November 2009 @ 17:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
there is no legal way around the problem the 30ms ping is hardcoded into the xbox 360 games . you would have to either spoof all packets or decompile and decode the game and find the script and change which is beyond piracy illegal and you would have to do this with each game as its up to dev's where they code this . if you want proof try playing an xbox orginal game on your 360 on kai or leaf and you will see the ping limit dissapear
360lifer
_
10. November 2009 @ 21:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The lowest I can get is 46 and I think 30 is simply impossible unless you in the same building or maybe next door. You can see the games, just not join them. Oh well. *hugs his wally arcade 360*

liquidwtr
_
11. November 2009 @ 00:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hmm, seems a solution to the ping issue would be to have the program simply reply to the system ping's requests, and blocking all external pings to the system, however depending on how the game performs it's ping, rather the devs built their own ping method, or used an onboard function could make it difficult, but that's my opinion on how to get around the ping issue
liquidwtr
_
11. November 2009 @ 00:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hmm, i don't see an edit button, i wanted to re-phrase my suggestion, so i'll have to double post it:

i shouldn't say block external pings, what i should have said is that when the computer see's a ping return, it should modify the packet's response to a much lower ping, however you do lose the ability to know how badly your lag is
wilykat
_
11. November 2009 @ 03:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by liquidwtr:
hmm, i don't see an edit button, i wanted to re-phrase my suggestion, so i'll have to double post it:

i shouldn't say block external pings, what i should have said is that when the computer see's a ping return, it should modify the packet's response to a much lower ping, however you do lose the ability to know how badly your lag is
you would need a program to able to decript each packet find out which code is for the ping and send it back on the fly there is no real work around . If you want to play long distance play xbl or xbox original games
harvardja
_
11. November 2009 @ 05:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
haha this is not a solution for banned consoles

this is just a way for banned consoles to play modern warfare 2 with other people through the net

DOES NOT HELPZ ME AT ALLZ :(

Hi!
liquidwtr
_
11. November 2009 @ 07:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by wilykat:

you would need a program to able to decript each packet find out which code is for the ping and send it back on the fly there is no real work around . If you want to play long distance play xbl or xbox original games
i never said it would be an easy task, but a solution to the problem
wilykat
_
11. November 2009 @ 09:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

if you have any plans and need help count me in. im wondering if fooling the xbox into thinking its a xbox 1 game may help
liquidwtr
_
11. November 2009 @ 15:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

if you have any plans and need help count me in. im wondering if fooling the xbox into thinking its a xbox 1 game may help
i personally don't plan anything, however it truely depends on if the ping packets are encrypted, the 360 responds to pings from computers, so if the 360 operates at the same level as a computer when it comes to determing your ping/lag, it'd be a simple matter of forwarding all ICMP's back at your 360, effectly replying to itself, but alas i'd doubt it'd be that simple
_
11. November 2009 @ 16:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
right downloaded it, managed to open the file fine but now how do i find players?
gameover9
Suspended permanently
_
12. November 2009 @ 10:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by harvardja:
haha this is not a solution for banned consoles

this is just a way for banned consoles to play modern warfare 2 with other people through the net

DOES NOT HELPZ ME AT ALLZ :(
Most worthless post ever... It does work unless people are far away. This is at least some type of online play for your close buddies.
_
12. November 2009 @ 12:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
do you have to have your friends email adresses then to play them? if so it does avoid you having to listen to infantile rants by kids lol
ThePit
_
12. November 2009 @ 13:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have the 1.5mbps package and my ping to a guy who is less than 30 miles from me is no lower than 73 so either my isp is screwing me or the program does not work like everyone claims. Anyone improved there ping to be able to play?

I AM "THE GREAT MOOSEKNUCKLE"!!
liquidwtr
_
12. November 2009 @ 16:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ThePit:
I have the 1.5mbps package and my ping to a guy who is less than 30 miles from me is no lower than 73 so either my isp is screwing me or the program does not work like everyone claims. Anyone improved there ping to be able to play?
i've seen this post several times, and i find it very ignorant thinking, simple because U have a 1.5mbps connection does not mean that the entire network between u and him is 1.5mbps connection, secondly think about it, your house wired lan with regular 100mb ethernet ports runs at a max of 100mb(note it's bit not bytes) so please remember any internet speed you get is limited to the slowest link on the network between you and your friend and is never EVER going to be as fast as your lan(which is usually a 5-6ms(and that might be too high for some people) lag between lan computers yet alone over the internet
ThePit
_
12. November 2009 @ 21:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok for one I have been doing this for quite some time and my lan is 1ms at all times in my house. I have always had a good setup and never have any problems. The guy that i am connecting to is less than 50 miles away and has cable. With the distance and the broadband connection we both have there is no reason to be that slow.

I just got banned about an hour ago and now my system is useless. They break the law by rendering you console useless. you buy the console which then becomes your property and then you pay for Xbox Live. Those are two seperate purchases and they should not ruin one with the other. If you mod your system then you run the risk of being banned from Live not everything else. When they take the ability to play movies and install to hardrive they are screwing with something that is no longer in there possesion and therefore not there property. We do not lease our 360's we buy them therefore we can do whatever we want to with them until we go on Live which they do own so we must abide there rules. If they catch us modding our systems then they should ban us from Live not anything else.

The ping limiter in it is BS and should not be put in because it limits us from being able to have lan partys because everyone doesn't have a good setup. In closing it is a violation of my "terms of purchase" to render my offline experience useless.

Also is anyone certain if the ping limit is on the disc or is built into the 360. I have looked through Borderlands and tried to find anything on there. I'm banned anyway so modifying a simple value should not hurt me any. Thanks for your responses.

P.S Sorry I like to rant.

I AM "THE GREAT MOOSEKNUCKLE"!!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. November 2009 @ 22:43

Advertisement
_
__

_
saboaua
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
13. November 2009 @ 05:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Now is only a matter to wait and see what really causing console bans.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 13. November 2009 @ 09:57

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > a possible solution to banned consoles

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork