User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 17:58
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > a possible solution to banned consoles
Show topics

Forums
Forums
A possible solution to banned consoles
  Jump to:

Posted Message
gameover9
Suspended permanently
_
13. November 2009 @ 08:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by saboaua:
As i read all the forums about ban wave, there is allot of theories on the banning.

1. Firmware being detected, doesn't matter which version
2. Powering dvd without it connected to the motherboard being detected. The method used for flashing with a kit or not.
3. Different games that were played that had issue
4. System is collecting data and sending it back M$ when connected to online
5. Modded Hard disk or not original OEM
6. Playing early release date games / bad rips
7. People Wave 3 only and Wave 3,4 & Activate ISO where banned
8. abgx360 error back then
9. Cheats etc

Till now i didn't read if somebody did try to used there key flashed it to another dvd drive and used it only for playing backups offline. When going on XBL swapping there original dvd drive back in the system for online play with original copies only. If this maybe would help to not get banned from XBL, but theory 4 will kill this if it's true.

Now is only a matter to wait and see what really causing console bans.
Why did you post this? This thread is about system link software. Please edit this.
Advertisement
_
__
_
13. November 2009 @ 14:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So what am i doing wrong?

I installed leaf and posted my id on those other boards. Now do I just wait for that guy to add me? and then simple as that I have access to the rest of the community.

Another lil problem I ran into is the "share game server permissions" button is greyed out. Do I still need to set this up, how can I make this a clickable button?

sum1 already had stevedawg and stevedawg85 is longer than 10 chars :(
gameover9
Suspended permanently
_
13. November 2009 @ 14:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by stevedogg:
So what am i doing wrong?

I installed leaf and posted my id on those other boards. Now do I just wait for that guy to add me? and then simple as that I have access to the rest of the community.

Another lil problem I ran into is the "share game server permissions" button is greyed out. Do I still need to set this up, how can I make this a clickable button?
Well we're testing other sources tonight to see what happens. You can create your own HOST or join others. You do not need Sentinel Ace to add you.
_
13. November 2009 @ 14:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ah!, I see, thanks for the info. I'll try this leaf thing w/ my bro that lives 10 miles away.

sum1 already had stevedawg and stevedawg85 is longer than 10 chars :(
gameover9
Suspended permanently
_
13. November 2009 @ 14:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by stevedogg:
ah!, I see, thanks for the info. I'll try this leaf thing w/ my bro that lives 10 miles away.
sounds good. Sentinel Ace will be posting his results I am sure.
_
13. November 2009 @ 15:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
will this work on windows 7
ThePit
_
13. November 2009 @ 17:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So does anyone know if the ping limiter is hard coded or is it on each disc. If it is on the disc then it would be just a matter of findind it and changing the value. Anyone have any input on this?

I AM "THE GREAT MOOSEKNUCKLE"!!
ThePit
_
13. November 2009 @ 18:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just an idea but how hard would it be to make a stand alone server similar to the fake servers that people created for WOW. To me it wouldn't be all that different to any other server. It would be all about tricking the xbox into thinking it signs into Live but it actually signs into your pc.

Then use Leaf or whatever program you wanted to take it from there. Does this seem plausible. If you take Cain or any other hacking software to sniff for vitale information maybe we could all come together and create a side server for a fake Live that banned or not you could use safely without having to worry about getting banned. On the server you could still have updates and DLC but they would be free if you chose to put them on your server. Any Ideas or is this not possible?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 13. November 2009 @ 18:20

_
14. November 2009 @ 12:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Im still struggling with this, how do i add friends as it looks like you can only play games with people you add, is this right any info would be much appreciated.

Oh my User ID is RIKJD89 if anyone wants to add me, and im in Lancs in the UK as by the looks of things distance between players is a vital component.
me2611
_
14. November 2009 @ 18:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Try Xlink Kai, I have used it today to play MW2 Lag Free with people from all over the UK for the past 5 hours.
gameover9
Suspended permanently
_
14. November 2009 @ 20:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by me2611:
Try Xlink Kai, I have used it today to play MW2 Lag Free with people from all over the UK for the past 5 hours.
They must have been close. Ping has to be 30 or under.
gameover9
Suspended permanently
_
14. November 2009 @ 20:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ThePit:
Just an idea but how hard would it be to make a stand alone server similar to the fake servers that people created for WOW. To me it wouldn't be all that different to any other server. It would be all about tricking the xbox into thinking it signs into Live but it actually signs into your pc.

Then use Leaf or whatever program you wanted to take it from there. Does this seem plausible. If you take Cain or any other hacking software to sniff for vitale information maybe we could all come together and create a side server for a fake Live that banned or not you could use safely without having to worry about getting banned. On the server you could still have updates and DLC but they would be free if you chose to put them on your server. Any Ideas or is this not possible?
This would be nice, but very unlikly. You still have the 30 ping limit. A central server would make no difference. The WOW servers are on PC which could care less about a ping limit (at least this low). Xbox live is usually 100 or sometimes higher.
gameover9
Suspended permanently
_
14. November 2009 @ 20:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ThePit:
So does anyone know if the ping limiter is hard coded or is it on each disc. If it is on the disc then it would be just a matter of findind it and changing the value. Anyone have any input on this?
It is on the disc. Boot a xbox 1 game and there is no ping limit.
ThePit
_
14. November 2009 @ 23:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok if it is on the disc wouldn't it be easier to hack the iso and change it through there instead of trying to trick the xbox into thinking that it is under 30ms. I am going to look into this more. I have already broke down Borderlands and did a quick check through. I will post if I find anything usefull.

_
15. November 2009 @ 00:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
tell more people about xlink kai. We have a blast on there.
ThePit
_
15. November 2009 @ 12:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Has anyone gotten anywhere? I am still trying to find someone to help me with packets that I have captured but being a newb in the hacking department I have no idea what to do. If someone would like to help me I have to xbox 360's and can atleast provide information. My server idea wouldn't be for everyone, it would just be for your specific 5 or 10 friends. Atleast this way you could control some of the lag.

To me it would be the best way to trick the 360 into thinking it is on Live and not on a lan. I have looked on Borderlands and broke down the iso and I beleive that the ping limit is found in the default.xex. My theory on this is because it woudld be something that M$ could distribute to each game maker and they would all be the same. I'm no expert so this is just a theory. Hope this helps.

_
15. November 2009 @ 14:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
does xlink kai work on windows 7? iv downloaded it but when i start it i get stuck searching for kai engine.
_
15. November 2009 @ 14:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah, it works under 7. I think you have to run it as admin.
ThePit
_
18. November 2009 @ 00:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I guess no one has gotten anything positive since there hasn't been abything new posted. Anyone still working on cracking the 30 ping limit or any of the lan programs. Just trying to keep on the up and up.

_
18. November 2009 @ 05:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I got upto port forwarding and gave up on xlink but iv now got leaf networks to the point where i may well be able to get a game going, gonna try tonight if i get the chance.
dt5500
_
18. November 2009 @ 05:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Were these guys close?

I've been trying to set up Leaf for me and 3 of my mates, they live 4miles away.. tops! and the lowest ping we can get is ~90ms. they are in a bit of a rural area i suppose. Their exchange will only give upto about 2mbps connection. Whereas i'm a tad more fortunate and can get up to 6mpbs. I was wondering whether the Leaf networks routing could have an adverse effect on the ping? Would trying Xlink Kai be any different?

i know my internet / bandwidth becomes rather poor at peak times so i guess that would have an adverse effect also;

Don

gameover9
Suspended permanently
_
18. November 2009 @ 08:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dt5500:
Were these guys close?

I've been trying to set up Leaf for me and 3 of my mates, they live 4miles away.. tops! and the lowest ping we can get is ~90ms. they are in a bit of a rural area i suppose. Their exchange will only give upto about 2mbps connection. Whereas i'm a tad more fortunate and can get up to 6mpbs. I was wondering whether the Leaf networks routing could have an adverse effect on the ping? Would trying Xlink Kai be any different?

i know my internet / bandwidth becomes rather poor at peak times so i guess that would have an adverse effect also;

Don
It all varies on from ISP and software. I posted the leaf option since that worked for me. xlink sucked where leaf worked. There have been reports of the opposite.
dt5500
_
18. November 2009 @ 08:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by gameover9:
Originally posted by dt5500:
Were these guys close?

Don
It all varies on from ISP and software. I posted the leaf option since that worked for me. xlink sucked where leaf worked. There have been reports of the opposite.
Thanks for the info, I'll give Xlink Kai a try tonight see if that resolves the issue. Everything else is set up good, just terrible ping. I'm hoping that its just down to Leaf's routing, and not a complete dead end for us.. But we'll see.

I'll let you know how i get on!

Don

rdhood
_
18. November 2009 @ 08:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
In the PC world, servers can be configured to reject low pingers, and that ping level can be set by the sys admin. Anyone with sufficient bandwidth can create and publish their own server, and software can browse and connect to servers. I played Wolfenstein Enemy Territory for years without paying a dime for either the game or connection to servers where as many as 64 people would be playing in a single game and the whole thing ran like greased lightning.

In the Xbox world, M$ makes sure that nobody else can implement an XBL network so that you have nowhere else to go. They make sure that they are the only source of online game play. Wonderful.
Advertisement
_
__

_
gameover9
Suspended permanently
_
18. November 2009 @ 16:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yep just another robbery of our money. Of course if it were free, I wouldn't pay!

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > a possible solution to banned consoles

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork