User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 19:26
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - games > whats better, a psp 1000 or a e1004?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Whats better, a psp 1000 or a e1004?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dbratulin
_
7. September 2013 @ 10:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't know what to get so I'm aksing the "experts".

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. September 2013 @ 10:34

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
7. September 2013 @ 13:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'd get an E1000, it's the last model, the PSP 1000 has been out of production since 2007 or so, so you are basically buying six years old hardware.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
_
7. September 2013 @ 23:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Eisherz:
I'd get an E1000, it's the last model, the PSP 1000 has been out of production since 2007 or so, so you are basically buying six years old hardware.
I would avoid getting the E1000. The E1000 has mono sound, no wifi, non-replaceable battery(once its dead, its gone). Sony didn't even try to release the E1000 here in the USA since nobody was buying the PSPGO(no umd and the non replaceable battery was what killed it).
http://www.geek.com/games/sony-announce...nt-one-1413415/
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/918340-p...rtable/61417869

I would look for a 2000 or a 3000 model since they have seen the most hardware/software upgrades and they have replaceable batteries, and video out. Plus they can easily be hacked to run 6.60 pro off the memory card.

I still have the 1000 model and it is still running strong. I only had to replace the battery 2 times over the life of the unit(once when the original that came with it died, and then a second time when the replacement died years later).
dbratulin
_
9. September 2013 @ 14:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have two 1000's and a 2000 the 2000's LCD burned out but my 1000's are good but the shells are cracked so Ima buy a 3000

Advertisement
_
__

_
megadunderhead
_
19. January 2014 @ 21:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
good for you!!!

just remember do a system check for the older psp units there was a issue where people used hardware hacks to convert the psp from a u.s to a u.k and even to a japanese model using firmware updates all though this works you can tell the bad firmware by serial number in the psp system information screen it will read u at the end of the serial number for u.s and k for the u.k if they have been tampered with don't buy one that has been modded mod it yourself
Related links
Visit our PSP forums located at our sister site, Blasteroids.com!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
psp games not reading 3 10. June 2014 Sony PSP - Games
PSP Custom Firmware Malfunction 4 10. June 2014 Sony PSP - General discussion
I cant see my psp games after changing the speed 333 5 9. June 2014 Sony PSP - Games
PSP won't turn on or charge 2 18. January 2014 Sony PSP - General discussion
Psp go games gone all in saved utility data does not work 4 7. January 2014 Sony PSP - Games
need help with my first generation psp!!! 3 20. December 2013 Sony PSP - General discussion
Second-generation PSP Vita will lose proprietary charging port 7 15. October 2013 News comments
help mod my PSP 5 8. October 2013 Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion
Help Needed Psp 2000 Backlight super dim 5 25. September 2013 Sony PSP - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - games > whats better, a psp 1000 or a e1004?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork