User User name Password  

Sunday 28.4.2024 / 22:04
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - general discussion > psp custom firmware malfunction
Show topics

Forums
Forums
PSP Custom Firmware Malfunction
  Jump to:

Posted Message
it_geek
_
9. June 2014 @ 06:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey guys,

This is my first time on the forum and I have read the forum rules as stated in the stickies, but please pardon me if I commit any mistakes!

I have an issue with a second hand PSP-1000 which I own. Since the UMD Drive is damaged and does not read any discs, everything has to run from the MS Pro Duo stick, in which I have used Custom Firmware. Almost 3 years later, I find my PSP behind lots of junk and I decide to boot it up again - only to realise the charger is dead! I get a new charger, boot up the PSP and I find that all the games which I had formerly got the vendor to install are all gone! When I connect the PSP to the computer, the ISOs and CSOs display just fine, but in the PSP it claims that there are no games!

My PSP is a PSP-1000, second hand running on Custom Firmware v3.71 M33-2.

I don't know the country of origin, but it's probably a Japanese one because it has Playstation Spot.

I took the isos out of the memory stick and put them in the computer, rebooted the PSP without the isos inside and then I transfer back the isos from the computer into the PSP, but I still get the same issue.

I hope I haven't violated any forum rules so far! - it_geek.

P.S. If you require me to dump the M33 Recovery Console Configuration please do so.

<<UPDATE>>
The problem above has been resolved. Found out that it was a corrupted directory structure which I had unintentionally caused. I had FORMATTED the memory stick using the PSP to "reboot" a fresh directory structure onto the card. (Long story, PM me if you REALLY want to know the grandmother story...)

NEW Problem: Game shows up in the games list and plays its "Opening BGM", but when it is started, Error 80020148 displays and the following message attached is: "The game could not be started".

Checked other forums for answers and changed the UMD Driver from M33 -> Sony NP9660 -> OEisofs and also under Advanced -> Advanced Configuration I also disabled everything including Plain Modules... and Execute BOOT.BIN..., all which fail.

Again if you require me to provide the config dump of the M33 Recovery Console, please do so. Oh, and also the custom firmware is still 3.71 M33-2.

Considering that this card has been formatted, do I need to insert special files into the memory stick in order for it work, like some BOOT.BIN or some EBOOT.PBP?

After dawn is the place for me to chillax~

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. June 2014 @ 21:55

AfterDawn Addict
_
9. June 2014 @ 17:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does your PSP read any data from the memory stick? I mean music and so on?

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
it_geek
_
9. June 2014 @ 21:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@Eisherz: Yes it still reads my save data and music. Btw see the <UPDATE> section in my first post. It has been modified.

After dawn is the place for me to chillax~
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. June 2014 @ 12:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Update to the latest custom firmware, 6.60 ME. You might have to go in steps, like 5.00 M33, then 6.60 ME

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
Related links
Visit our PSP forums located at our sister site, Blasteroids.com!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
psp games not reading 3 10. June 2014 Sony PSP - Games
I cant see my psp games after changing the speed 333 5 9. June 2014 Sony PSP - Games
Whats better, a psp 1000 or a e1004? 5 19. January 2014 Sony PSP - Games
PSP won't turn on or charge 2 18. January 2014 Sony PSP - General discussion
Psp go games gone all in saved utility data does not work 4 7. January 2014 Sony PSP - Games
need help with my first generation psp!!! 3 20. December 2013 Sony PSP - General discussion
Second-generation PSP Vita will lose proprietary charging port 7 15. October 2013 News comments
help mod my PSP 5 8. October 2013 Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion
Help Needed Psp 2000 Backlight super dim 5 25. September 2013 Sony PSP - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - general discussion > psp custom firmware malfunction

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork