User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 13:18
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - everything else > in urgent need of xbox 360 whizz
Show topics

Forums
Forums
In urgent need of Xbox 360 whizz
  Jump to:

Posted Message
ChadRusty
_
16. January 2014 @ 06:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I recently bought FIFA 14 and somehow I managed to knock my Xbox over and create a massve burn ring on the disk. The game reads and works right up to the title screen, then it says 'Disk Is Unreadable' like any other scratched or burnt disk.

Now I know of all the DIY tricks to try and fix this, but obviously finding someone with the game, installing the game, and then using my disk as a 'key' is less risky and should still work, right? Only problem is I don't know anybody with FIFA 14 on Xbox 360, and in South Africa you can't rent Xbox games because DVD rental places don't really exist anymore.

Since I bought the game, 100% original and all, is there a way to download a FIFA 14 image and install it onto my Xbox, the same way you would with a friends disk or doesn't it work like that? Is there another way that I don't know about?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,
Chad.
Advertisement
_
__
richietea
_
16. January 2014 @ 07:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It would be considered piracy downloading image files of games that you dont own.As you have fifa you can legally make a backup of your disc and install it to a HDD.The problem you have is your original does not work so there would be no chance of creating a working backup.You would need a drive with modded 0800 firmware to create an image and modded firmware on your xbox360 drive to install it and run it.Or if you have someone who can create a working backup for you then that would work but only if you had flashed the xbox 360 drive with modded firmware to run the backup.Sorry to say that is the only work around other than going into xk3y territory.Failing that its either a new purchase from Microsoft or if you have some games shop that provides a polishing/repair service it maybe fixable.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
16. January 2014 @ 21:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
take disc to local vid hire store for polishing,their machine will fix it

AfterDawn Addict
_
17. January 2014 @ 12:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by richietea:
As you have fifa you can legally make a backup of your disc and install it to a HDD.

This is US law, isn't it? It might not apply to South Africa, where the OP is located. Here in Germany for example it's legal to make a backup as long as you don't have to break copy protection (so if the game is not protected). With Xbox 360 games you have to break copy protection, so making a backup of an Xbox 360 game is illegal.

Originally posted by scorpNZ:
take disc to local vid hire store for polishing,their machine will fix it
Originally posted by ChadRusty:
...because DVD rental places don't really exist anymore.

If your Xbox 360 isn't modified your only chance is if you find someone who has the game and let you borrow it.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
richietea
_
18. January 2014 @ 18:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well that's something for the Op to decide and research.Does anyone know what countries laws state referring to circumventing.A console is just the same as that is enabling a flash to circumvent copy protection.Look at every forum regarding making backups.If they ever give the slightest of incline that they have downloaded a ISO be it from a supposedly "legal" source or not then they are banned from that forum and the thread is closed down.Check out http://www.ixtreme.net/open-forum/ and look at the amount of Uk users that give advice on backups be it creating,stealth patching and correct burning.In the uk it is illegal,in the states or SA i don't know,you would have to be fully clued up with the copyright protection act of every country before giving advice so slip ups will happen and often do.I'm going slightly off subject now and it should be brought back to the help that's needed.Eisherz if your going to make a statement such as yours with a firm grounding why don't you look at the copy right laws for South Africa?
_
19. January 2014 @ 05:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
im assuming fifa 14 has a season pass that comes with the game, if that has been activated i don't see why a 2nd hand disc wouldn't work.
EA games go pretty here in australia 2nd hand,i just don't buy them as they don't come with a season pass.
Find fifa 14 cheap 2nd hand and you should be able to use it and it will work.

polishing the disc may or may not work, i know game shops here do it for a fee (was $5 last time i had it done) apparently its $29.95 to buy the same tool they use and do it yourself.

Most countries allow you to make a back up of discs you own but due to BS (technical reasons) making a backup can still be illegal.If you did make a back up some modding would have to take place for the xbox to read the disc.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
Advertisement
_
__

_
richietea
_
19. January 2014 @ 05:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
They do say that the simotech polishing machines are quite good.A little pricey so for one disc not worth the purchase,just buy the game 2nd hand.Unless you were going to advertise yourself as a disc polishing service.
Related links
Download Xbox 360 trailers from AfterDawn's gaming site

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Microsoft finally discontinues Xbox 360 1 22. April 2016 News comments
Motorola unveils new series of Moto 360 smartwatches 2 5. September 2015 News comments
Microsoft makes 'Forza Horizon 2: Presents Fast & Furious' free for Xbox One, Xbox 360 7 31. March 2015 News comments
Moto 360 coming soon in gold and with a new leather band? 1 1. November 2014 News comments
Buying 'Destiny' for PS3, Xbox 360? Bungie giving vouchers to upgrade to current gen for free 1 8. September 2014 News comments
Best Buy leaks Motorola Moto 360 price, specs, features 1 18. August 2014 News comments
Google shows off prototypes of Moto 360 and LG G Watch 4 4. June 2014 News comments
Xbox 360 FLASH MOD HELP 6 2. June 2014 Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking
Dismantled my 360 to repair Disk Drive - Now Controllers won't sync (wired & wireless) 3 1. June 2014 Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking
Have 60GB hard drive on original 360, can put bigger hard drive in 60GB casing? 8 10. May 2014 Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - everything else > in urgent need of xbox 360 whizz

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork