User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 09:41
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - everything else > replacing 360 dvd rom with having the original dvd rom
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Replacing 360 DVD ROM with having the Original DVD ROM
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Shawnt8581
_
10. January 2014 @ 00:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a friend that has a xbox 360 that will not read the DVD rom? He asked me to fix it. I ordered a new one and replaced the drive and know it will not read the disk. Did some research and found out that it has to be the same model as the broken on. With that being said I read how to flash the DVDROM and think I can do that. The problem is I don't have broken DVD Rom to know which model was originally installed in the xbox.

My question is their a way to find out what the original DVD ROM firmware was from the Xbox with out having the Brocken or the original DVD ROM? So I can flash the replacement with correct firmware.
richietea
_
10. January 2014 @ 04:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you don't have the original dvd's pcb then it would have to be Jtagged to extract the key.bin file.Every dvd is "married" to the motherboard with a key file.If they don't match it will not work.As you have thrown the broken one away,this key can only be acquired through the mobo.Here is a link below explaining what is required and how to's.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads...t-guide.804054/
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. January 2014 @ 04:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by richietea:
If you don't have the original dvd's pcb then it would have to be Jtagged to extract the key.bin file.Every dvd is "married" to the motherboard with a key file.If they don't match it will not work.As you have thrown the broken one away,this key can only be acquired through the mobo.Here is a link below explaining what is required and how to's.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads...t-guide.804054/
Actually, that's not fully true. First of all, depending on your motherboard revision, a JTAG is out of the question, if your Xbox 360 has been updated after 2008. Does your Xbox 360 have an HDMI port? If yes, you could do a RGH. If not, a RGH probably won't work either. Also if you just want to receive the drive key a RGH might be a little too much, just get a fully working Xbox 360 off craiglist or ebay, it's probably cheaper than the stuff you need for the RGH.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
Advertisement
_
__

_
richietea
_
10. January 2014 @ 05:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yep i didn't mention those Eisherz,which i probably should of so thanks for the correction,however the link describes all his options including those you mentioned.
Related links
Download Xbox 360 trailers from AfterDawn's gaming site

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Microsoft finally discontinues Xbox 360 1 22. April 2016 News comments
Motorola unveils new series of Moto 360 smartwatches 2 5. September 2015 News comments
Microsoft makes 'Forza Horizon 2: Presents Fast & Furious' free for Xbox One, Xbox 360 7 31. March 2015 News comments
Moto 360 coming soon in gold and with a new leather band? 1 1. November 2014 News comments
Buying 'Destiny' for PS3, Xbox 360? Bungie giving vouchers to upgrade to current gen for free 1 8. September 2014 News comments
Best Buy leaks Motorola Moto 360 price, specs, features 1 18. August 2014 News comments
Google shows off prototypes of Moto 360 and LG G Watch 4 4. June 2014 News comments
Xbox 360 FLASH MOD HELP 6 2. June 2014 Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking
Dismantled my 360 to repair Disk Drive - Now Controllers won't sync (wired & wireless) 3 1. June 2014 Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking
Have 60GB hard drive on original 360, can put bigger hard drive in 60GB casing? 8 10. May 2014 Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - everything else > replacing 360 dvd rom with having the original dvd rom

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork